Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 11:08 PM
Default Happy Family... Not So Much...
Hey everybody, just so you know I don't know if I am necessarily "copying" anyone, but please tell me if I am. If so I'm sorry.
This one is one of my more, well, different challenges. Here goes nothing...

BACK STORY TIME

You are a young adult who just got a house with your husband (or wife) and 4 kids. You are fairly poor and have to pay back thousands of dollars. You wake one morning after a week or so with your family. You walk into the kitchen and find a note, it says, "Dear _____, I thought you should know this much of why I left..." The note explains why he left that night and you see your daughter (or son) come downstairs. Your daughter (or son) says, "Mommy (or dad), where's daddy (or mom)?" You say (s)he just went to a friend's house to try and keep the secret until the others are awake. Soon your other 2 children come running down the stairs, one chasing the other. You smile at the children trying to hide your sadness. You then tell them to get some breakfast then come into the living room. About 20 minutes later they come in and sit all looking at you. The oldest of them asks why they're here. You say "Well... I need to tell you all something very important..." You go on about the note... "And that's why daddy (or mom) isn't here... You stand sadly and walk into the children's bedroom and care for the toddler and decide, "We need to move..."

SET UP!

You have to create a YOUNG ADULT sim the gender doesn't matter. You need to make her (or his) 4 children, gender doesn't matter, there are 2-3 child sims and a toddler sim, if you only want 2 child sims make the other one a teen. Move them into an empty lot. Then you must buy 3 beds for the children and a crib for the toddler then a double bed for the YA sim, (s)he had it when (s)he was with his (or her) spouse. Give them a fridge, counter, and microwave. Then set their funds to 1,000 they sold everything to pay back some of the money they owed the 1,000 was only for savings.

RULES

1) Your YA sim CANNOT get married until all money is payed back. (75,000 or higher doesn't really matter but 75,000 is the lowest.)
2) You CANNOT send your children to boarding school or home school them they have to go to public school.
3) Your YA sim MUST have a job, how else will you pay back all the money?
4) NO CHEATS this means no cheats end of story!
5) If your children get detention your YA sim has to go drop everything and go to the school 30 minutes before detention is let out (to pick up the child, yes I know the game will let the child get the taxi or bike or something but from detention the mom or dad would want to talk to them... A lot...
6) Have FUN with it! After all, that IS what challenges are for right? To have fun new ways to play?
7) No friends of the children can be invited to sleep over at YOUR house, already too many mouths to feed WITHOUT them.

SCORING!

First off, sorry scoring isn't that great from me... But I'll give it a shot.

LOSE COMPLETELY if the ANY children are taken away.
WIN if your sim pays back all the money before all the children move out or the YA sim dies, don't wanna pass on the debt to your children...
-5 for every time your YA sim gets a boy/girlfriend, fiance, or husband/wife before all debt is payed
+5 for every child that gets A's until they age up (doesn't include first 5 school days)
-5 for every child that gets an F ANYTIME until they age up, (same thing applies for the next life stage)
+5 for every child (or teen or toddler) that gets to choose it's "aging up" trait.
-2 for every time a child or teen is caught out after curfew.
+2 for every extra 25,000 you get get after paying off your debt.
The end!!!!!!
Happy simming everyone and the playing is mostly up to you but any questions you have just feel free to ask away. If you try the challenge please post pics and tell how things are going! I love hearing from people! Good Luck Everyone!

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 8:19 PM
nice idea! I'll try this out soon seems fun
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 8:04 PM
Thanks! Don't forget to post pics of your challenge!

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 8:42 PM
cool!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 2:33 PM
Thanks!