Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2024 at 7:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims keep resetting. Error: Slot number out of range, failure stems from global
Sul Sul!

I play the same neighbourhood for years and encountered an error in several lots in the newest rotation, which I never saw before: Sims keep resetting. I suspected the lot where the error occured the first time, but it also happened on other lots. I checked the cc with the Resources Hack Conflict Detection Utility and What causes this with no result.

I removed all downloads and the error persists. So I suspect that it isn't cc related (which would be my hope tbh, it would be an easy fix). It seems to be lot-related, because as soon as I move the sims from the lots away, they can move fine without resetting. On some lots the error occured after playing half a sim day.

I play via CDs, all add-ons and stuff packs, fully patched. It seems odd that part of the "Slot number out of range" error stems from global (Tree: id 398 name 'CT - Route Failure Feedback' version 107 from global)

The logs are attached.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t282486.txt (185.4 KB, 10 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t282411.txt (175.7 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t642840.txt (83.9 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t642795.txt (83.9 KB, 6 downloads)

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th May 2024 at 7:39 PM
Add me to this list!!! I have custom content but it's all recolors..but what also is happening is a whole new weird thing. Stray pets have no front legs! And, the pets in the adoptable bin are not the same that show up when you start a new 'hood. You know the stock ones...Bonkers, the cat, for example. They are ones I have NEVER seen or heard of prior. I would've thought it to be a mod, but the only recent things I've downloaded are recolors. Is that strange?

Quote: Originally posted by HubbaHop
Sul Sul!

I play the same neighbourhood for years and encountered an error in several lots in the newest rotation, which I never saw before: Sims keep resetting. I suspected the lot where the error occured the first time, but it also happened on other lots. I checked the cc with the Resources Hack Conflict Detection Utility and What causes this with no result.

I removed all downloads and the error persists. So I suspect that it isn't cc related (which would be my hope tbh, it would be an easy fix). It seems to be lot-related, because as soon as I move the sims from the lots away, they can move fine without resetting. On some lots the error occured after playing half a sim day.

I play via CDs, all add-ons and stuff packs, fully patched. It seems odd that part of the "Slot number out of range" error stems from global (Tree: id 398 name 'CT - Route Failure Feedback' version 107 from global)

The logs are attached.

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...