Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#33726 Old Yesterday at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Links these days are often not safe to write. The post may end up in a spam box. The modern user might feel safer if he gets the link vetted by Alphabet Corp., and also get a feeling that he's made a personal choice to get this product over similar ones.

Wow. Are people these days really so scared of links? Insane.

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33727 Old Yesterday at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
Yes, I know this. You can rotate camera like that with keys in screen corner also. But I am seeking how to change angle of point of view. What to do if your game like something like this.

Doesn't the laptop have a touchpad with buttons? It should have similar functions to a mouse. Maybe not perfect, and it's possible some of the functions have to be combined with keys to work. I've used it in a pinch, or if I have my hands on the keyboard and is just doing an adjustment to the camera. Can't remember if everything works the same, but most of the time it has the button functions (left/right) and tracker.

To change angles like that, you need the TAB mode (cam-mode).

Quote: Originally posted by iforgot
Wow. Are people these days really so scared of links? Insane.

Depends what kind of links. If they look shady, I'm not clicking them.
Test Subject
#33728 Old Yesterday at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Doesn't the laptop have a touchpad with buttons? It should have similar functions to a mouse. Maybe not perfect, and it's possible some of the functions have to be combined with keys to work. I've used it in a pinch, or if I have my hands on the keyboard and is just doing an adjustment to the camera. Can't remember if everything works the same, but most of the time it has the button functions (left/right) and tracker.

To change angles like that, you need the TAB mode (cam-mode).

Depends what kind of links. If they look shady, I'm not clicking them.

Yes, those buttons are down while in mouse they are in up so this is challening. I think I tried it but maybe I can tried it second time before I get a new mouse.
Mad Poster
#33729 Old Yesterday at 8:35 AM Last edited by simsfreq : Yesterday at 8:52 AM.
The problem is to rotate with a mouse you have to press the middle button (wheel) and that doesn't exist on a lot of trackpads.

Edit: I googled "middle mouse button trackpad" and a bunch of ideas came up, depending on what laptop you have, might be worth looking at.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#33730 Old Yesterday at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The problem is to rotate with a mouse you have to press the middle button (wheel) and that doesn't exist on a lot of trackpads.

Edit: I googled "middle mouse button trackpad" and a bunch of ideas came up, depending on what laptop you have, might be worth looking at.

You should be able to rotate with , and .

I saw something about using the Ctrl button + the trackpad buttons. Might work?

I'll see if I can do a bit of testing later, but chances are I'm going to fall asleep at some point early in the evening, so don't have too much hope...
Theorist
#33731 Old Yesterday at 8:49 PM
To learn how to change the camera angle, follow the tutorial that teaches you how to play The Sims 2.

Or simply hold Ctrl and the right mouse button on the trackpad, and glide whichever finger you have left on the trackpad up–down to change angle, and left–right to rotate.

The wheel on my mouse is pretty broken (serves its purpose for scrolling, but not clicking), so my left hand's index finger is constantly hovering over the left Ctrl key, and using the right mouse button for both moving the camera and angle/rotation is pretty neat; you just toggle the Ctrl. :D

But I have to admit, all that I find pretty sloppy for the trackpad.
Lab Assistant
#33732 Old Today at 7:19 AM
Is it safe to copy/extract a lot that was lived in? Say I move out a family out of the house (use a mod to keep all the furniture intact) and then try to extract the lot so I can use it in a different hood, will this corrupt anything due to family memory data or something? I know occupied lots are not good to extract.
Mad Poster
#33733 Old Today at 11:08 AM
It doesn't corrupt anything even if it's occupied. All that happens is that it causes copies of the sims occupying to be created (more character files) and stub files of everyone those sims have a memory or familial relationship with (potentially, a lot of character files).

Extra character files don't cause corruption, though. However you might wish to avoid bringing a lot of character files into a hood just because this is excess data that you don't need. There is a total limit on the number of character files, though it's thought to be very large.

If you extract a previously occupied house it might contain sim references which then don't make sense when it's imported to another hood. But that doesn't really matter, either. Those references are very rarely used. You might get some strange effects when using something like the fingerprint scanner Police career reward. If you're using a mod which enables the hidden bed-ownership feature, you might need to reset this if it stops new sims from claiming a bed. That's about it, really.

We used to think it was dangerous to do these things but it isn't really. If you do want to clear a lot of sim references, there are a couple of mod objects which will do this. Cyjon's Lot Inspector and Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner. There are also ways to do it in SimPE.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#33734 Old Today at 12:29 PM
I'd use the lot cleaner. Better safe than sorry.
Page 1350 of 1350