Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 1:20 AM
Default Release Date for Hobbies
Snooty Sims updated that Amazon says that the release date for The Sims 2 Hobbies is February 12, 2008. Snooty Sims Tis the fifth post down, dated September 30.

Any thoughts or excitement? I'm very wary of this... seems too soon.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 1:29 AM
Yes, too soon. I'd rather have time to enjoy Seasons and BV before Hobbies comes out, although I am excited for the new elements it will bring. I think I equate the release of the last EP with the end of the TS2 era, and it's kind of sad.

Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 2:11 AM
thats way too soon..
they should wait until about june or something.

This is the way you left me,I'm not pretending. No hope, no love, no glory, No Happy Ending.
This is the way that we love, Like it's forever.
Then live the rest of our life,But not together.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 3:02 PM
If it's too soon for you, why don't you just not buy it? It's not like you have to buy it the day it comes out...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 5:13 PM
Panda, I think you need to make your post a little clearer. I nearly had a heart attack as I processed it as 'Snooty Sims says it will be released September 30th'. :P

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#6 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 7:01 AM
Amazon's date means almost nothing.

But I'd welcome it comming sooner than later.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 10:00 AM
ugh Hobbies,Unless it looks spectacular in pics with great new items, Im gunna pass on it.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 10:59 AM
Well, I kind of don't like a February date, it's like that you want a date farther away, like near late March or early April, that they should release so they can rid of the bugs and whatnot.
#9 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 12:42 PM
It doesn't matter when it comes, it will be full of bugs and glitches anyway. So I preffer sooner.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
Snooty Sims updated that Amazon says that the release date for The Sims 2 Hobbies is February 12, 2007.

Dont you mean 2008?

I think ill be passing on this..unless people make me jelouse with thier pictures and what not...then i might give in.

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 2:02 PM
I don't understand why some of you are saying it's too soon? Pets was what? september/october 06 Seasons feb 07 BV sept 07 so my guess would have been the next one was Feb anyway...it's no closer than any of the others, they all seem to have been released roughly 6 months apart
Site Helper
#12 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 9:11 PM
Because they aren't taking enough time with any of the releases to put out something tht doesn't feel half-finished. (Like the tour guide bug that even the Maxoids admit should have been caught long before release.)

Use the extra 6 months to put out something that doesn't need 3 patches to become playable.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#13 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 12:25 AM
It's not that bad, y'know? You can always buy it in May if February is too early =P I just can't believe they decided on "Free Time" as the title... I was actually warming up to 'Hobbies' ^^;
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 12:45 AM
Oh, I didn't seriously mean it was too soon, and I'm sure I'll get it when it comes out. It's just the fact that it's the last EP, y'know? *sniffles*

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 8:34 AM
After it comes out, I reckon most fans with get bored of it within a week, and you will have to wait at least a year or more for the Sims3. No more six months gaps.

Hobbies doesn't sound much more than a bunch of new objects thrown in
#16 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 11:01 AM
Free Time sounds....bleh!

Feb is fine. It's months away. I never encounter bugs. Mmm...
Site Helper
#17 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 12:50 PM
I'm still waiting to buy Pets. (Let alone Seasons, BV, and the stuff packs....)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 9:20 PM
Well, at work (Gamestop), we have a date still in February, but the title has been changed to "Weekend Fun." It has changed twice ^_^
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 10:37 PM
argh!
my computer can't handle this stuff!!!!
either way, I am excited about this EP..sounds fun
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 10:55 PM
i can't find anythind about the next ep being hobbies i would love to have this ep aslong as it included some more musical insuments (like flute and clarinet)
#21 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 10:43 PM
I'm super excited about this! I get bored with just having my sims go to work to buy things they only get to stare at...more interaction will be great! I've always wished the kids/teens had things like extra curricular activites...sports, dance classes, the school play, etc that we actually get to see! I wonder how in-depth the game will be and if we'll get stuff like that.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 8:30 PM
I'm thinking late February/early March, as that seems to be the norm of early-year release dates. I can't wait, I am confident it'll be good since I'm never that pessimistic with future Sims games to begin with.
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 4:37 PM
I'm predicting April... April 14th or 4th... Something like that.