Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:27 PM
Default What's Your Style?
We've all got our one personal style, but how would you describe yours? Trendy? Preppy? Dark? Tell us about it here!

As for me, I would describe my own as dressy and elegant. The ratio of heels to flats in my closet has to be at least three to one, I'm a jewelry fiend (never leave the house without at least ring, earrings, and a plethora of bangles), and I rarely, if ever, just wear a t-shirt and jeans. My make-up and complexion pretty much confirm this- I'm very fair-skinned and wear rouge (not the clown kind, just the natural enhancement sort) and red lipstick. The best compliment I've ever gotten is that I always look classy and put together like Marilyn Monroe :D.

But enough about me- what about you? What's your style? Describe it!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:34 PM
I'd say my style is mostly casual and sporty. I do dressy but only for important occasions. lol
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:52 PM
T-shirt and jeans all the way XD
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:57 PM
I'd say preppy. I really love slim fitting shirts and pants sometimes combined with a scarf. I also love jackets or shirts with a new cut or something. Something not everybody has in his closet.
And after my chemo I discoverd how great I look with a hat on.:P

I recently got a really nice compliment by a friend of mine. She said: "If I were a boy, I would definitely dress just like you do." *blushing*
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:00 PM
I mostly wear Polo shirts and GAP jeans with sneakers. Sometimes I exchange the polos for Gap shirts and sneakers for sandles. Messy beard and an almost shaven head with big sunglasses and yeah that's about it.

I'm not sure what kind of style that is but eh. I like it.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiderchi
T-shirt and jeans all the way XD

That's exactly what I wear
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:39 PM
I'd be classified as pure sporty, were it not for the fact that I like wearing knee- or shorter length skirts. And pearls. So that feminizes me somewhat.

As kinky as it may be, I really like the schoolgirl style. Not the über-short ruffled skirt and tiny Lolita blouse, but light on top and dark skirt underneath. It looks good.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:42 PM
a pair of dark or black jeans, a t shirt with some whitty picture or remark on it, my DC's, and i'm good to go :P

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:44 PM
i generally dress in skinny jeans and tshirts. along with some cute flats.
i love acessories such as necklaces and bangles.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:54 PM
Casual. T-shirts, jeans, jackets. You can never see me wearing heels xD
Scholar
#11 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 6:01 PM
Jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, jackets and a watch. Never a skirt, never a dress, never high heels unless I need to (say a wedding or a fancy dinner party). I literally have five/six pairs of jeans and 20-odd t-shirts with little else in my wardrobe :P
#12 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 7:37 PM
I wear: t-shirts and jeans, sometimes skirts, hoodie

I would like to wear: scarfs, cardigans, skinny jeans, etc.

but...I'm not comfortable in skinny jeans and tight fitting clothes
Alchemist
#13 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 7:48 PM
Skinny jeans.
Things with skulls on.
Graphic Tee's.
Trainers and flats.
Loose jackets.

i also always wear a magnetic black ring.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 7:57 PM
Moiiii?!
Skinny jeans
Plimsoles
Plain coloured top (w/ Cardigan if its coooold)
or a graphic tee from uniqlo.
boring? yes.
Alchemist
#15 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 8:12 PM
Hmm... I wear a lot of skinny jeans (usually a darker wash), any shirt of my liking, and flats/flip flops/sometimes heels. Sometimes I'll wear a band t-shirt. I only have a few. Led Zeppelin, Death Cab for Cutie, Brand New. Mostly it's some sort of blouse... tends to be green. It's my favorite color. I've become a lot more feminine with my clothing choices as I've gotten older. I like wearing chunky jewelry. I guess I dress indie-ish, but only touches of it. I love cardigans too. I wear them constantly. Make up is usually brown or black eyeliner, purple eyeshadow (brings out brown eyes, apparently), mascara, and chapstick. Whatever I wear, though, I like to have it be a little on the funky side.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 8:32 PM
Casual/Weird.

Baggy pants or ripped jeans
Band t-shirt or hoodie
Studded/spiked belt
Biker boots or converse
Pali scarf
Tons of black eyeshadow and mascara

You won't ever catch me wearing a skirt or a dress... or anything pink.
High heels are my worst enemies. xP

- // ::ƒяεaκza::\\ -
[¿ ] ♥ »» sªηī†y īs σ√εЯRª†εð
Instructor
#17 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 8:58 PM
Plain/Casual.

I wear jeans(always flare or bootleg and they have to cover pretty much my whole shoe), t-shirts that always have somesory of picture on them(my new favorite shirt I got just a couple days ago has the smurfs on it), and a jacket or cardigan. I love cardigans I need to get some more I only have 2. And i always wear some slip on shoes or brightly colored tennis shoes(i have a pair of bright green, pink plaid ones, and a pair of bright blue ones).
Instructor
#18 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 9:05 PM
I used to only wear big t-shirts, jeans, and my vans. But this year, I don't know what happened! I've been wearing skirts and shorts, sandals and flats all over the place. In two weeks, I've only worn a t-shirt twice and both times it was with a skirt or shorts. I also used to only wear the same jewelry for sentimental reasons, but now I've been switching it up with all of these looong hippie necklaces and bracelets, hehe!

If I had to put words to my "style", I would say that its a mix of these influences in order from the strongest: indie/hippie/vintage/preppy/mod/sporty/punk. It sounds impossible but somehow I get all of it in there

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
#19 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 9:12 PM
I used to really not care what I looked like, but now that I have motivation for actually looking nice, I tend to head toward the gothic style. Not mallgoth though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 9:25 PM
Lots of casual people here! I'm just too OCD . I'm surprised that no one likes heels... if you find the right ones, they're not torture on your feet. I never wear the four-inch stiletto kind, either- mostly kitten heels or wedges. I wear skinny and tailored jeans because they're more "my style" and flares make me look like a hippie, and it's my personal opinion that skinnies look more elegant with heels, hence why I wear them so often. They pose a hazard on the very steep stairs I have to climb every day, but I haven't fallen... yet :P.

Instructor
#21 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 9:31 PM
I like heels but I'm far too clumsy to wear them. I've worn them to a wedding and fell far too many times lol
Mad Poster
#22 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 9:33 PM
I don't know what style it fits under but I wear alot of Hollister, Abercrombie and I basically live at Delia's lol. My friends and I usually spend most of our weekends at the mall spending our parents money.

Rabid I think you and my sister have the same style. She wears a lot of heels but her favorite are slingbacks and she also like wearing those giant freshwater pearl necklaces and she just bought this bronze dolce and gabbana dress that's really cute but it's not really my style.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 10:29 PM
*Thinks*
...How I dress....???
More dark.
I've worn Vans since 5th grade. (5 years)
The only time I've nt worn them is at weddings that must be formal shoes or P.E.
Pants....They aren't too baggy, but not tight. Usually shades of black and dark blues.
I want to buy white Levi's or white-gray pants, but I would feel like a sore thumb.
Shirts, I like anything with a design on it.
Most of my dresser is a bunch of Vans shirts though, I don't have the 'classic' Vans shirts I do have the insanely odd styles that Vans come out with. I have a few band shirts and one (hoping to fit a few more) skinny shirt...

Everything must match. I do mean everything.
:D

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
Rabid I think you and my sister have the same style. She wears a lot of heels but her favorite are slingbacks and she also like wearing those giant freshwater pearl necklaces and she just bought this bronze dolce and gabbana dress that's really cute but it's not really my style.

That sounds a little like me... I'm not much into slingbacks (I prefer peeptoes) or designer clothing, but I do wear pearls and love bronze accessories. Your sister has great taste .

Mad Poster
#25 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 4:02 AM
Um, I generally stick to skinny jeans and some flats, but they're classy black flats and then on top I'll wear a dark top with a knit jumper. People say I dress older than I am...
Page 1 of 7