Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 4:23 PM Last edited by justJones : 7th Feb 2014 at 10:27 PM.
Default The Hunger Games Sims 3 Challenge
So, I'm still working on this, so let me know if it has any bugs.

Welcome to the 1st annual Sims 3 Hunger Games! Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Start by creating 7 teenagers. One young adult will be necessary to get out of CAS, but once you are on the lot, turn testing cheats on and go back to CAS with the YA and change him/her into a teen. {No supernaturals}

Once you have 4 male teen and 4 female teens, you can begin building the arena.

Choose the biggest lot in the town. There are many different things you could build to be an arena- just be creative. Remember- not all the tributes died of starvation, so give them some sort of food source.

Build a fence around the lot, without a gate, so the tributes can't escape.

Once you've built the arena how you want it, send the tributes to the center, and turn on high free will, and wait and see which Sim is the last one standing.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 4:14 AM
what do you mean by the last one standing? Sims wont fight on their own normally so are we just supposed to wait for them all to age up and die until the last one is left?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 2:53 PM
I really like the idea of just doing nothing and watch what my sims would do, as if it was a movie xD

Also, I have AwesomeMod so I won't need an adult on my family, I can just create all the teens :p

I'll give this one a try eventually, but there's still 2 other challenges I wanna try before this one. Creating 8 sims would just take me forever, I'd never leave CAS xD

Quote: Originally posted by NeonSim
what do you mean by the last one standing? Sims wont fight on their own normally so are we just supposed to wait for them all to age up and die until the last one is left?

Well they can actually kill one another if you use mods such as Dexter the bear and/or the Weapons System.

Besides that, you can give them electric stuff and the Unlucky trait and hope that someone will get electrocuted. You can also give them other traits to make them more anti-social and even aggressive if you want.

I also saw someone kill their sims with some beans from the jelly bean bush (supernatural expansion).

All it takes is some creativity :p
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Minaki
I really like the idea of just doing nothing and watch what my sims would do, as if it was a movie xD

Also, I have AwesomeMod so I won't need an adult on my family, I can just create all the teens :p

I'll give this one a try eventually, but there's still 2 other challenges I wanna try before this one. Creating 8 sims would just take me forever, I'd never leave CAS xD

Well they can actually kill one another if you use mods such as Dexter the bear and/or the Weapons System.

Besides that, you can give them electric stuff and the Unlucky trait and hope that someone will get electrocuted. You can also give them other traits to make them more anti-social and even aggressive if you want.

I also saw someone kill their sims with some beans from the jelly bean bush (supernatural expansion).

All it takes is some creativity :p
Sims dying that way is super rare. So it's probably not the smartest idea ,unless you want sims on fire or starving from those things.

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 7:37 PM
I like this! I'm going to try it out soon!

Here is a list of ways sims can die:
electricution
fire
Meteor shower- ambitions
mummy's curse- World adventures
Strarvation
Jelly bean- supernatural
cow plant- store
thirst- late night/ supernaturas (only vampires)
human statue- showtime
watery grave- showtime
haunting curse- supernatural
transmutation- supernatural
freezing- seasons
spontaneous combustion- seasons
Blunt force trauma- University
ranting- university
Running out of air- island paradise
Sharks- island paradise
dehydration- island paradise (mermaids only)

I still have to try it out, but I figure if you give sims the ability to die at least half of the ways listed above, combined with certain traits, at least someone is gonna die. you can even speed up the process by placing booby traps. Kind of like the game makers; for example if someone went swimming in a pool then you could put a fence around the pool forcig them to drown to death. You wouldn't make them go swimming; that part would be their own free will. But if they did happen to go swimming... well, you get the point.

another thing you could do is have one technaphobe sim, who in their free will might break all of the appliances. Then someone might attempt to fix them and die by electicution. That's just what I would do.

I'm also in the process of making a small island in create a world. Why limit the Hunger games to just one lot? it's not going to be a big world, but a world none the less, surrounded by water, and with wild plants and animals and 'surprises'.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 6:31 PM
You forgot sun exposure for Vampires only from Late Night.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 9:15 PM Last edited by crystal5213 : 11th Aug 2013 at 9:15 PM. Reason: I spelt finished wrong...
Oops sorry haha

Anyways, I finished the world. It is the thingy from the 75th hunger games! it's not the best, but I did it in only a few hours so for the amount of time I think it is ok. Now I just have to figure out how to post it....

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
"Now, now, Syd. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative."
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't"
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
You forgot sun exposure for Vampires only from Late Night.
Vampires dying of sunlight is a Sims 2 thing. That would be Night Life. A special death is dying of Thirst in the Sims 3. Vampires in the sims 3 exposed to the sun too long pass out and wake up within a few sim minutes.

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Site Helper
#9 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 8:18 PM
Note that an unlucky sim might encounter the Grim Reaper, but they are functionally immune to death by accident. The Grim Reaper won't take them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeonSim

If you only give them a small amount of food, or say it started storming and one got struck by lightning, they could die of natural causes.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 9:18 PM
Not to hijack your thread, I've played my own version of Sims Hunger Games a few times before with some alternate rules. Here's my method:
  1. Inspired by the Sims Hunger Games on Youtube, I like to make all the contestants in the YA stage and base them off a theme. Batman villains, Disney Princess, musicians, etc.
  2. Don't move your household into the arena right away. Build a training house with work out equipment etc. and let them spend a week there, building skills and relationships, before you move them into the arena.
  3. Award them with supplies based on how well they did in training. For instance, I'd give the Sim with the highest athletic skill a weapon (Dexter the bear or one of the modded guns), the one with the highest cooking skill food, the one with the best charisma/best relationships a sleeping bag, etc. This replicates the Cornucopia without having to build an actual Cornucopia in-game.
  4. Every night at midnight, use a dice roll or number generator to pick one of the Sims. If the randomly selected Sim has a weapon, have them kill the Sim they have the worst relationship with and take anything they might have had in their inventory.
  5. Depending on how long it's taking, I give the Sims challenges every few days. Something where there's a chance that one or more Sims could die, but there's also a chance that they could all survive. For example: everyone gets in the pool at 3AM and has to remain in the pool for two hours. Everyone eats ten jellybeans from the Magic Jellybean Bush. Everyone rants about Death for three hours. Everyone repairs a broken television. This is intended to mimic the way the gamemakers manipulate the Hunger Games and also make it more interesting than waiting for eight people to starve to death.

Again, just suggestions! It's a really fun challenge, fwiw. I also move the victors into one household, and am planning to do a championship quarter quell once I have eight victors.