Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#8676 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 10:26 PM
Norfair and Brinstar Smith got settled in their new home, the old Curious house. Brinstar had the day off and is a romance sim who didn't have much, or any, romantic experience so I decided to let him ask someone on a date. Cappuchino Neighbour was the best option as they had good chemistry and a decent relationship score, so Brinstar called him over.
Then, just as I was about to click something, a chance card for Norfair appeared and my clicking registered as choosing an option which resulted in him losing his detective's license i.e getting fired. I gave him his job back with the Sim blender since I didn't have a fair chance to even read the card, but nevertheless Norfair came home in a bad mood and desperate to socialize. Fortunately neither Brinstar nor Cappuchino minded him hanging around during their date, Norfair and Cappuchino even randomly hugged at one point despite them not knowing each other that well, and the date was a success. Brinstar also finally became friends with his older brother Sugarpie, who he's been wanting to befriend.
The following day both Norfair and Brinstar had work. The morning started off with them hanging out in Brinstar's room. They had a conversation that turned sour, but immediately after it, Brinstar who was the one who had started the disagreement gave Norfair a hug, and in the same vein one of them appreciated the other right after having reacted negatively to a dirty joke. They're so jovial, Brinstar even had a little smile on his face trying to shoo his twin out of the bathroom while the latter was just standing there laughing at a silly decoration.

Their brother Sugarpie Caliente went to hang out at the music & dance hobby lot. He joined the dancing competition but the hobby instructor won. There were three downtownies who caught his fancy: Mr. Big, and two guys called Téodor and Christopher, and he rolled wants to date all three of them. Mr. Big is straight and involved with The Diva though, but he had a good talk with Téodor, and as for Christopher he cut straight to the chase and gave him a peck on the mouth. Sugarpie wished for beauty from the genie once and it got stuck permanently, so now everyone who likes guys is all over him.
Back at home, the toilet needed clogging and the plants tending. A guy called Armando walked by and Sugarpie thought if he gave him some attention he might be willing to help him out. He couldn't talk Armando into doing his chores for him, but Sugarpie turned out to find him very attractive, so after some playing catch he asked him on a date and took him to the Strangetown pub.
The day after that he called over Christopher for a date at his place. He had to decline a second date with Armando, as well as an outing with Téodor.The date with Christopher consisted mostly of them dancing with each other. I don't think I've ever seen two sims dance non-stop for such a long time, at least not when it's not the smustle. Then things got awkward because even though the first interaction they ever had was Sugarpie kissing him, and he had just been kissing him up the arm and such, apparently Christopher drew the line at getting stroked on the cheek. But the date still ended well, because Christopher was just so honoured to get to unclog Sugarpie's toilet, and then he went outside and started trimming the bushes while he was at it. Which also kept him busy so that Sugarpie couldn't argue with him as he tried to do.
During the two dates, Sugarpie rolled fears of falling out of love with two of his lovers, and a want to marry a third. One could argue that unless he earnestly intends to have multiple partners, he should probably decide who he wants to take it further with instead of adding more and more romances to the list, though I do wanna see how he gets on with Téodor, too.

Honeybunch Caliente, Sugarpie's twin brother, had just come home and was standing outside his house when Andreas Tinker walked by. Honeybunch is a social guy so he invited him in, and then I noticed there were roaches, so I was just about to direct Honeybunch to spray them when Andreas started spraying them on his own accord. He even got a bunch on the road that I had missed. So then there was nothing for Honeybunch to do but cook some Crêpes Suzette to show his gratitude, and now the two are close to being friends.
The next day he had a date at one of the Downtown parks with a downtownie named Alex. Ripp Grunt showed up at the park too, and when Alex was busy playing chess with another visitor, Ripp gave Honeybunch a kiss and a squeeze which made them fall in love. Alex didn't notice anything, and neither did Mrs Crumplebottom. She did catch Alex and Honeybunch kissing though, and really let Alex have it. As for Honeybunch, perhaps she remembers the stand-off the two once had, when she kept yelling at him for being in his swimwear, while he just as stubbornly rolled his eyes and refused to change. After a brief break at home, Honeybunch went out again. He had the want to invite someone on an outing, and Alex just so happened to be at the same place so he could ask him. His best friend Tessa Ramirez was there too, but she was lost to the world playing poker with Mrs Crumplebottom.
The next day, Honeybunch went to another Downtown park and played Mishuno with Lazlo Curious and some townies. In the evening, he went to the karaoke bar, and who were there if not Sugarpie's dates, Armando and Christopher. Turns out Honeybunch has chemistry with them both as well, so he sat down and had a drink with Christopher. He's got no reason to know Sugarpie's been seeing him after all, and Christopher probably doesn't know Sugarpie and Honeybunch are related. From his perspective, he just happened to run into two pale, freckled, cheekboney guys with unusually sweet names in the span of two days.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#8677 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 16th Mar 2024 at 12:08 AM.
For the most part I like to keep my families small when I've been playing lately because I have over 30 households already. But Margot and Elijah Harris are clearly trying to get first place when it comes to how many children they can have. They got started pretty young since their first child, Matthew was born when they were young teenagers. They got married (with parent's approval of course) and moved into Elijah's house with his mother Sakura. Soon after Matthew was born came Madison, and not too long after Madison came the twins, Aubrey and Casey. They were born back to back that they're all currently teens and the kids at school ask them if they're quadruplets.

The night after Aubrey and Casey's birthday party, Margot woke up in the middle of the night with a pregnant belly! I could have sworn that after the twins were born I "got her tubes tied" so I'll have to check her settings when I play them again. But also they're both family sims so it fits "the vibes" as the kids say. Miracles do happen

For the most part Sakura's high paying job (aka her criminal career) supports everyone at the moment. Once she passes, Margot's crappy music store clerk job and Elijah's mime job wont do much to help with the bills. Elijah went to culinary school but is having a really tough time finding an opening in the paper. Perhaps Margot I should have Margot find a job as a nanny instead since she has a lot of childcare experience. Of course now that the kids are all teenagers they can find a job as well to to help pitch in but until then they'll continue to live comfortable lives that their grandma's criminal career funds.

I'm so excited to see what baby number 5(+) will look like! (those quads are still lurking around the corner so now I'm really shaking, that would be my luck!) Maybe one of the kids will finally have Margot's blonde hair. They all have Elijah's brown hair, and except for one, have his light skin and blue eyes as well. Little Aubrey was named after her grandmother because she looks just like her, with the brown hair, darker skin tone and brown eyes. Please no quads, please no quads.
-----------------------
I went and finished playing the last two days of the Milad/Williams household before I forgot. Adam III Williams, Mavis and their son Adam VI recently converted to the local church. Mavis' parents Jason and Kessi Milad are also thinking of joining now that Adam and Mavis have been talking so positively about it. With Mavis' younger brother Emette finally off at Sim State for college, she can take advantage of the time she'll have with her parents and try to convince them to convert. They wouldn't be able to give birth to alien spawn at their age but they can be a part of it in other ways.

Mavis' LTW is to become cult leader so the more people she has behind her the better. The current cult leader is getting older and her heir is still pretty young so Mavis thinks she has a chance to take her place, even as a new convert. (Talk about aiming for the stars )

Adam almost died while trying to repair their laptop. He survived the initial shock but then a fire broke out and he ended up surviving shockingly. No pun intended, its just that he was in a very tiny office and then it seemed like he got stuck between the desk, chair and the treadmill behind him so I thought for sure the flames were going engulf him. That would have been sad since I think Mavis might be pregnant with baby number two since her motives were awfully low.

Emette left his family home and has officially started his young adult life at Sim State. He'll be majoring in art since his LTW is to get to the top of the slacker career. He joined the other group of students at the Plaza dormitory. His sister was quick to turn his room into the "prayer room" as soon as he left. She wanted to make a big impression on her in laws which also happen to be their official church leaders.
Mad Poster
#8678 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 2:14 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 17th Mar 2024 at 8:32 PM.
It's so difficult to make British-esque houses in Sims. Even the smallest lot size I managed to make into 3 terraced houses and a shop (which sadly isn't functional) My detached houses have such large gardens with so much space I don't know what to even do with them all!

Edit: For all your viewing pleasure! As I said in another thread, I can't seem to take pics in this neighbourhood... so I plopped down a few of the lots in my test hood. This is what I've been working on the past few weeks.

16,18,20 & 22 Shovell Road

40,42,44,48 Shovell Road

Block 1, Shovell Court.
(There are 4 blocks in the actual neighbourhood)

351, 353, 355 Tudor Drive, and Michelle's Bakery

63 & 65 Mornington Lane

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#8679 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 5:41 AM Last edited by DrChillgood : 19th Mar 2024 at 12:30 PM.
Back to the Askew twins and their friends in the party house, I decided to introduce Yeet Yolo and Miles Xerxes as more love interests for Claire to satisfy her LTW, and family friends for the needed promotions.

She was interested in Yeet first. But no, the stupid taxi glitch caused her to stand him up, and then she got to the lot to be greeted by the pink flashing bug for the first time. First of all, I got the texture memory fix working, testing with my Sim-self. Next, SimPE to the rescue to restore the relationship. Went to do the do-over from his side, he stands her up this time, but she's at least there at the venue and I made her selectable to smooth this over between the two. The intended date lot (and lot that caused the pink flashing) was the bistro and bar from the Magnolia Promenade 4t2 recreation. He had the idea to buy her a burger and win her over with karaoke, and she even shooed someone else off the machine to hear him. Of course he blows it and she was booing him. A point of Creativity is his consolation prize. I started getting more little bits of pink flashing, so back home he went.

Yeet blowing it with Claire screwed Lily out of the family friend requirement for her promotion, so he'll have to befriend another member of the party house or they'll both be screwed. Worse comes to worst, I'll have to age my Sim-self down and join the cast. Would that be dangerous if I had already upgraded me to post-University with the Bat-box?

Meanwhile, James is with Lily (names not meant to be a Harry Potter reference) in my TS3 world, but he's showing interest in both her and Tori here.

I found the mod to fix the date timer bug after the session.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#8680 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 11:59 AM
I'm playing the Kim family. Robert Kim decided to take out an enormous loan to purchase an empty lot and start a business, Subatomic. It's very themed, and I have to say there's something very funny about a guy in a spacesuit trying to aggressively sell sandwiches to poor randos.

The very first customer showed up in a tuxedo, for some reason.

Cynthia Kim isn't too happy with the enormous loan. Or the enormous bills resulting from it (thanks Cyjon's Bigger Bills).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8681 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 9:40 PM
I decided to play the new Beginning of Pleasantview.

Making no promises to keep the original storyline at all

Let's see what happens if one just let it flow.
Mad Poster
#8682 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 9:54 PM
I feel your pain on the British houses!! And then I run into weird scale issues which I'm still trying to figure out.

MogHughson's community + apartments on the same lot works perfectly by the way. Not for an ownable business, but you could easily put a corner shop (groceries, magazines) at the end of a row of houses, and have it be functional.

Sure it requires careful planning and/or playtesting to make sure your baristas aren't constantly starving to death and respawning when you accidentally trap them behind a counter (ooooooooops). But it's very very fun to have your sims be able to literally pop to the shop for a pint of milk!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#8683 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 2:26 AM
Cheech took offense to a random wolf chasing Gabby around.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#8684 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 5:10 AM
Lucy Burb told Malcolm Landgrab about a dozen times that his chef Brandi Broke is a bad person, part of a crime family, and her cooking can't be trusted, and that the nightclub is poorly managed. Malcolm thinks she should go to church or Desirable Discourse instead if she doesn't want a good time. But he promised to make her husband a manager at the Electronics Supercenter to calm her down.

In the meantime, I can't complain about plastic cakes.

Employees seem bad at finding recovery from bad motives if they have to walk a long distance. They rather sit down on a couch than go to the bathroom.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#8685 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 3:38 PM
I too played my Landgraab household! Malcolm Landgraab IX, his wife Lyra and his mother Sophie all decided to take a trip to their vacation home in Simwaii. They invited his sister Alexa, her husband Petyr and their two daughters Amara and Ariana. They own the Brickstone Cheateu so there's plenty of room for everyone. It can sleep 10 sims if needed! This vacation trip was actually relaxing and fun unlike the last time when I took the Davis family.

They went on the glass bottom boat and then took a helicopter tour while grandma stayed beachside because she doesn't do heights. The girls played together a lot which was cute to see how close they are. While its a good dynamic, Alexa wants to graduate three sims from college so she and Petyr tried for baby number three the entire trip. Its the perfect chance to try and get pregnant because once they return home Petyr will be opening a business and Alexa will need to get a job now that the girls are of school age. They just bought a new home so they need that money to start rolling in! Meanwhile Malcolm and Lyra are trying not to get pregnant since she'll be heading off to Sim State once they return to pursue her LTW of becoming a teacher.

Once they returned back home it was back to business as usual because for some reason I wasn't able to call the store to check in on it from the vacation home and it started going down everyday. Not sure if that's intentional because "you're on vacation" or my game was just glitching?

I was trying to figure out how to split their inheritance since Malcolm VIII passed away abruptly while trying to repair the stereo. Malcolm IX was away at Sim State when that happened. Since their mom was still alive I had her take care of things for a while. I think the fair thing to do is split everything right now between Malcolm and his sister Alexa. Then anything from this point forward will be Malcolm's and if Sophie wants to save her money from her job so it can be split later between them, that's up to her. I think its fair Alexa gets a cut from Landgraab Electronics from when her husband Petyr was helping Sophie out while Malcolm was at college.

When Lyra left for Sim State, I felt so bad for Malcolm. He started to cry when she called for the taxi to take her, it was kind of cute. Lord knows nobody cries for me that way! Lyra gets to stay at the prestigious Landgraab dormitory since her husband's family owns it. Had she never gotten married to Malcolm, she'd be at the low-income dormitory with a giant loan. Now she wears flashy jewelry, is flying to a beach house, my how life has changed for her!

While Lyra is away Malcolm will be focusing on getting a job in the paranormal field. Nothing has come up yet in the paper so he'll just have to focus on the store in the mean time. Hopefully it'll make him miss Lyra less if he's buried in his work and his religious studies.
Forum Resident
#8686 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 3:41 AM
Mortimer Goth and Dina Caliente got engaged. They went out on a date to Bluewater Village, had a lovely dinner and after-dinner activities in the car that made Mortimer feel at least 30 years younger, and both rolled a want to get married. So he invited her home and proposed at the front of Goth Manor with snow falling all around. And now I have to plan a wedding.

The next evening was Alex Goth's teenage birthday. He had a great party, even though it was all adults: Dina, Darren Dreamer (who spent the entire time pursuing Cass) and Mary-Sue Pleasant. Alex really loves his future stepmother, and they became best friends just before he blew out his candles.

Cassandra and Don Lothario's separation seems set to end in divorce. He walked past the house at one point, but didn't bother to try and see his wife or baby daughter, and Cass doesn't want to see or speak to him. She's already fallen in love with Darren, so she's probably going to marry him.
Mad Poster
#8687 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 1:30 PM
I went back to my test of time challenge for the first time in months

I was playing the Klapper family, parents Stream & Ragar, their 3 children Sua, Moggie and Las. Stream was pregnant with what I thought was their 4th child.... she gave birth within a few moments of gameplay to quadruplets(!!!!) Which were mostly skintone 1-2... bare in mind both Stream and Ragar are 4+. I completely forgot Stream had cheated previously. They had mostly fixed their relationship. Anyway, as the quads are born (named Sextus, Quinta, Servius & Septimus... because I presume poor slave families can't count), Ull walks by. Stream greeted him with a kiss!! He then proceeds to walk upto Ragar as soon as he had finished feeding Sextus and fight him! Ull won, and sadly Ragar died Ull pointed and laughed as Grimmy came to collect him, and then when Stream went into aspiration failure, he laughed even more and called her crazy!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#8688 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 1:46 PM
In my second round of Strangetown: the last two households have been pure chaos and only a few sims have survived:

I started the Singles household, and because they had a bunch of people around, a cold got spread to everyone except Kirsten. I only recently realized I didn't have the fix to stop sims from dying of a cold (had two disease deaths already but it slipped my mind again) and so Lola was the first victim, dying of a common cold on day one of the round. Chloe then preceded to flirt with her deceased twins' date, and woohooed with him. Erin got impregnated by Cooper Olshfski, and then died of childbirth, so Cooper moved out with the baby girl, Regina, and Loki Beaker rolled the want to see a ghost, not resurrect his sister, so I guess he just wants her grave around for the thrill of it.

Chloe and Kirsten existed comfortably for a few days: Chloe woohooed several times but failed to get pregnant, including with Cooper Olshfski. While she was on a date with him and Kirsten was at work, lightning struck the palm tree outside but the rain stopped before it could be extinguished naturally, and since both sims were off the lot they came home to a flaming tree. Of course, someone decided to call the household while this was happening, so Kirsten wasted a valuable hour panicking while some jerk held up the phone line and the fire spread. By the time Chloe got home from work Kirsten had called the fire department, several townies had joined them to panic, and the entire lot was on fire for twelve hours. By the end of it all, Chloe (as well as two other townies) burned to death, and Kirsten somehow managed to survive.

Of course she's miserable by this point, but she returns to work like normal. While she's gone, the gypsy matchmaker leaves a genie lamp. No idea why, she hasn't even discovered her one true hobby yet, but a free lamp is a free lamp. No wants to resurrect anyone or make a wish, but she's debt free with a nice, haunted house so we'll see what happens next.

Onto Cooper. He's a negligent father who wants to woohoo a lot, so of course poor Regina is suffering and miserable all the time. He knocks up the redheaded Trista Shaw, who then proceeds to give birth to twins and die of childbirth, while Cooper caught a cold at work, which developed into pneumonia while he was at work, and once he got back home he couldn't care for his needs because three screaming babies were demanding his attention in a single dumpy hotel room, so he quickly succumbed to disease and the children were all whisked away to the town orphanage.

I've lost five premade sims and gained three new ones, so... win, I guess? I'm very disappointed Lola and Chloe especially couldn't pass on their genes, but them's the breaks. At least it was an exciting couple of rounds.
Screenshots
Scholar
#8689 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 11:12 PM
In Pleasantview, Coral Oldie had a want for another grandchild. Mary-Sue was a bit too old and career-focused for getting pregnant, so she and Daniel adopted a daughter of child age. Their new daughter's name is Lilith. Seriously. That's what the game named her. So I renamed her Lilith 2. Mary-Sue and Daniel figure they are getting a do-over, since the original Lilith has now moved out and no one in the family talks to her. Coral was happy about the new grandchild.

The Travellers had a fourth child totally without my permission. Her name is Tameka. They are starting to do a bit better financially, as they have advanced in their careers some, and Tina and Trudy are now old enough to look after the younger kids while their parents are at work. I think they were finally able to buy their stove back after it burned in a fire so they don't have to subsist on hot dogs anymore. Everyone wanted Tina to go to college, but her grades were just terrible, and it was the weekend. She managed to squeak out a D when she went to school on Monday and get into university just before she was due to grow up. The university doesn't have high admission standards, apparently. I think she went to La Fiesta Tech.

I decided the Caliente sisters were going to focus on their careers rather than men (or men were second priority), and they both stayed single and are at level 9. Dina works in business, and Nina in culinary. Dina worked her way to the top, but Nina dated a coworker and kept getting promotions based on his recommendation, so she doesn't really have the skills, but hey--whatever works. Their condo is completely tricked out with things Dina wanted to buy, since they are both raking in the cash.
Scholar
#8690 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 7:12 PM
Cleaned out my mod folder and decided to add the rest of my old characters to ensure enough family friends. I'll play this world without placeholder parents. Also made a house with a basement, testing it with a household.

Two more houses have been added, a boys' house (Archie Typical, Ian Plain, and Justin Ordinary) and a girls' house (Paola Unique, Alice Bland, and Erica Sprinkles), I can't come up with names. The boys moved into my new build, Yeet moved in with Miles to make room for the girls' house, and the boys and girls all got jobs.

I've been cheating a lot to summon everyone and make them selectable, especially during the summer break from Phaenoh's Let Kids Be Kids. The houses are also being, erm, externally funded.

From there, I was setting up the rotation, everyone is now on the first Friday. Yeet and Claire just aren't meant to be, it seems - she got the chemistry bolts with Tori first (sneaking off to Archie's room while the boys were downstairs, then Justin. Lily and James used a day off to date, only for James to be too into the movie they had on and reject a makeout session over it. Likewise, Claire and Justin's date went good but could have gone far better. I'm still trying to set up massive love polygons here, Justin has lightning bolts with Lily too, and I'm planning on having Ian ask Claire out.

I’m not sure if everyone should go to college or not. I’d be splitting the dorms into mens’ and womens’ due to the sheer size of the graduating class.

I also started the Cordials to get them to become witches by inviting their respective friends. Kimberly immediately made it storm and the lightning ignited a tree, crashing Samantha's aspiration bar and causing Phoebe to leave immediately. I might as add the Cleveland and DeBateau families with their teens to the rotation and have them fill out the dorms.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Forum Resident
#8691 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 6:27 AM
I have a family where I started off naming their children alphabetically for fun. Then when the first grandchild was born, it continued. I finally hit Z today with the birth of Zaiden Rusewicz. He's pictured here with his parents and grandmother Leila, who started the trend. (Slightly awkward un-posed pic, but I thought the thought bubble of the baby was cute.

Full list:

Archer
Beckett
Camden
Delaney
Everley
Fuller
Genevieve
Holden
Isla
Judah
Kamree
Lennox
Madden
Navy
Oscar
Penn
Quiana
Rafferty
Sibley
Topher
Umbria
Viola
Wilder
Xander
Yale
Zaiden

Now we're starting back at A, and I have plenty of time before I have to come up with more Q, U, X, Y, Z names.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8692 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 7:46 AM
This winter in Pleasantview/Bluewater has seen a rush of engagements. First was Daniel Pleasant and Kaylynn Langerak, just after he'd finalised his divorce from Mary-Sue. Then Mortimer Goth and Dina Caliente followed, after a date behaving like silly teenagers and woohooing in the car when they both simultaneously realised they'd found the person they wanted to spend the rest of their life with. And now Gilbert Jacquet has lost his fear of proposing (and kept the want) to his girlfriend Brandi Broke, so he's busy planning a proposal (Brandi will say yes - she has wanted to get engaged to Gilbert, marry Gilbert, and have Gilbert's baby since their first date).
Test Subject
#8693 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Cleaned out my mod folder and decided to add the rest of my old characters to ensure enough family friends. I'll play this world without placeholder parents. Also made a house with a basement, testing it with a household.

Two more houses have been added, a boys' house (Archie Typical, Ian Plain, and Justin Ordinary) and a girls' house (Paola Unique, Alice Bland, and Erica Sprinkles), I can't come up with names. The boys moved into my new build, Yeet moved in with Miles to make room for the girls' house, and the boys and girls all got jobs.

I've been cheating a lot to summon everyone and make them selectable, especially during the summer break from Phaenoh's Let Kids Be Kids. The houses are also being, erm, externally funded.

From there, I was setting up the rotation, everyone is now on the first Friday. Yeet and Claire just aren't meant to be, it seems - she got the chemistry bolts with Tori first (sneaking off to Archie's room while the boys were downstairs, then Justin. Lily and James used a day off to date, only for James to be too into the movie they had on and reject a makeout session over it. Likewise, Claire and Justin's date went good but could have gone far better. I'm still trying to set up massive love polygons here, Justin has lightning bolts with Lily too, and I'm planning on having Ian ask Claire out.

I’m not sure if everyone should go to college or not. I’d be splitting the dorms into mens’ and womens’ due to the sheer size of the graduating class.

I also started the Cordials to get them to become witches by inviting their respective friends. Kimberly immediately made it storm and the lightning ignited a tree, crashing Samantha's aspiration bar and causing Phoebe to leave immediately. I might as add the Cleveland and DeBateau families with their teens to the rotation and have them fill out the dorms.

I send the kids to college based on their friends and age group , which i keep a mental note of as i dont play by rotation - i tried it but it didnt work for me - instead , i play by relationships.

I currently have 22 students at university. How large is your current graduating class?

Nice post!
Scholar
#8694 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eristreams
I send the kids to college based on their friends and age group , which i keep a mental note of as i dont play by rotation - i tried it but it didnt work for me - instead , i play by relationships.

I currently have 22 students at university. How large is your current graduating class?

Nice post!

Six boys and six girls. Adding Justin Cleveland and Tara DeBateau to the rotation (adding a few catch-up days) would make it seven and seven. Since there are two Justins, I'm retconning my character names. Justin Ordinary is now Archie Typical, and the former Archie Typical is now Michael Mundane.

My characters are making their mark on the town, I notice that Claire is in Kimberly Cordial's relationship panel with a -38 / -38 score, must have been some mean interactions when she walked by or something. Claire has rolled the Get Fat fear before, so I'm locking it the next time it rolls, and when I rotate to Kimberly, have the fat spell ready and blammo. I'm still checking every day for Kimberly to switch to the Politics career to help fulfill her LTW, and I'm leaning towards having her hook up with Armand DeBateau, while Samantha gets with Gabriel Green (ACR kicked in when they were at the gym together). Looks like another house is getting roped into the rotation.

Scholar
#8695 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 2:12 PM
Playing the Monty household is exhausting. Previously, Bianca (living on her own) had the want to have a baby, so she got pregnant by Mr. Big. Mr. Big (Rodrigo) had really established himself in this 'hood, as he had also married Lola Curious (a want of PT#9's) and was performing various "services" around the house for Olive Specter. He was all too glad to get Bianca pregnant, and she had twins, Bibi and Roan. But then she got the flu. She invited Rodrigo over, but he was quite frankly no help and ended up taking the flu back to the Singles household, where it wreaked havoc. Suffice to say, Rodrigo is no longer with us. Bianca was exhausted and died of her illness, so Isabella took the now-orphaned girls into the main Monty household. Also living there were Mercutio and Romeo, now adults. Patrizio had already passed on.

Both girls were in deep red. It took the three adults to manage them plus Mercutio's two pets that he had adopted. (Mercutio was still working in culinary and taking in stray animals, while Romeo was looking for a job in show business and otherwise just painting and lazing around.) The house was covered in baby bottles and pet and toddler toys. Finally got one girl to walk and the other potty-trained, and it was their birthday. Romeo threw the party. He was just bringing the first twin to the cake when Isabella dropped dead in front of everybody. (Isabella was in permanent platinum from having 6 grandchildren.) One twin weathered it all right, the other went right back into the red. No matter, it was time for her to grow up, so she'll have a rough childhood. I set up the girls' bedroom, and then Patrizio's ghost came out, angry that his bed had been sold. Everyone was exhausted and went to bed before the party was over. Then the smoke alarm woke them all up because someone had left something in the oven without my seeing it. Never mind, it was a good party anyway, and the next day Mercutio adopted yet another puppy because he thought the girls would like it and he wanted three pet best friends. Whew, it's summer there now.

Attached a screenshot. Juliette Capp and Beatrice Monty were the remaining party guests but quickly went home once the fire was started. The fire department put it out with no further tragedies.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#8696 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 3:21 PM
I have sent one of my sims to prison for the first time. I have played sims going to jail and getting out before, but this lady has a life sentence so she's here to stay.
Test Subject
#8697 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 4:56 PM
Today I decided to reinstall the Sims 2 after a long time of not playing. It's great to see everyone is still enjoying this game! Was dissapointed by the Sims 4 and I have been realizing how many little details Sims 2 have that you just don't see in newer sims games! After installing all the EPs, i'll start adding the usual game fixes, CC etc. I am thinking of creating an original neighborhood and trying to make a farm land family playthrough using OFB and Seasons to run a farm and live off the fruits of their labor! Guess i'll also be spending the rest of the day looking through modthesims for more mods as well!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8698 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
this lady has a life sentence so she's here to stay.

Yikes, what did she do?
Field Researcher
#8699 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yikes, what did she do?

Let's just say, she's responsible for a sim moving into the graveyard
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8700 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
I have sent one of my sims to prison for the first time. I have played sims going to jail and getting out before, but this lady has a life sentence so she's here to stay.

That's a nice looking prison.
Page 348 of 351