Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 9:11 AM
Default Water plane in the sky!!
So I figured out how to make a water plane which was surprisingly easy!!! Except...... it's not where I want it to be. I did input the Y axis into Zaide_Chris's Sims 3 Standalone Water Plane Generator, used the trees to measure, double checked the height map is correct. I'm honestly just not sure what I'm doing wrong! I've attached some pictures for reference.

I'd attach the .bnry files but I'm also not sure how to do that on here, so if it'll help please let me know! Thanks in advance (:
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 10:42 AM
What I always did was to place an object, for example a streetlamp, at either corner of where you want the water plane. Then you have your x,y and z positions correct to plug into the program. You could also try Sandrine's program:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...56&postcount=25
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What I always did was to place an object, for example a streetlamp, at either corner of where you want the water plane. Then you have your x,y and z positions correct to plug into the program. You could also try Sandrine's program:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...56&postcount=25

That's what I did, i used some trees.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 4:14 PM
What value did you enter? Was it between 0 - 300? And did you use a . (point) as decimal separator (not a comma)?

As I can't see if you did this from your pictures, make sure you lower the terrain a little underneath the waterplane, especially where the center of the plane is, else the water plane will vanish into the ground. The waterplane should be enclosed by terrain.

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
What value did you enter? Was it between 0 - 300? And did you use a . (point) as decimal separator (not a comma)?

As I can't see if you did this from your pictures, make sure you lower the terrain a little underneath the waterplane, especially where the center of the plane is, else the water plane will vanish into the ground. The waterplane should be enclosed by terrain.

I did use a decimal point! So I should be using a comma then? The value is correct, I used 300 on my 300 height world.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saturnine15
I did use a decimal point! So I should be using a comma then? The value is correct, I used 300 on my 300 height world.

No, a point as decimal separator is correct. But using 300 for height (y) explains it all: of course your plane would be at height 300, i.e. at the top of your world box. Use the height of the tree you used as reference, maybe a bit lower so that the waterplane sits lower than the surrounding terrain.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
No, a point as decimal separator is correct. But using 300 for height (y) explains it all: of course your plane would be at height 300, i.e. at the top of your world box. Use the height of the tree you used as reference, maybe a bit lower so that the waterplane sits lower than the surrounding terrain.

OHHHH wait hang on. So in Zaide_Chris's generator I put the y axis as 73.84443. In the 707 generator it asks for the altitude, which I put as 300. Are you saying I should switch that 300 number out for the 73.84443? If so that makes so much sense, silly me!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 3:05 PM
Yes, altitude in Sandrine's 707 generator means also height of the waterplane (y), not of the world. There you go!