Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 3:44 AM
Default Got my Prima Guide today
Whoo hoo! Got my Sims 2 Seasons Prima Guide today! Yay! I had just called Gamestop yesterday and been told by them it would probably be there Monday or Tuesday. I decided on the way home from work today to check with the EB Games store and voila! They had 3! I picked one up and now that I'm finally home (after a night out to dinner), I'm about to sit down and read it over!

I love that we can get these ahead of time, because if they didn't come out until the day the game comes out, I would probably wind up never actually reading it through! I mean, who wants to read once the game is here, huh?

LOL! Anyway, I hope some of you have been able to get your copy already too. I'm looking forward to getting my game on the 27th, which is when my Wal-mart claims theirs will be on the shelf. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Happy Seasons everyone!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:14 AM
Man, I'm going to call gamestop tomorrow and see if they got the guide. where do you live momicajack??? I'm in Ohio
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:25 AM
i saw one in the store today.. most likely youll be able to find them in stores pretty much anywhere.. i was in line with it.. and i changed my mind.. i hate spending money

Take a look at a new sims2 chat site ran by Tease. There are mods and we are working to get teh site off of its feet. You can look around and if you feel like joining that would be great for the site. Thanks

Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:58 AM
I think i'll try wal-mart. I have to work tomorrow and it's going to be really slow. i could read my new prima guide! HE HE HE!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 3:42 PM
Hey, Kittie, I'm in Tennessee! We're practically neighbors! :howdy:

Yeah, when I've called looking for one I was basically told it would come out usually about 5 days ahead of the expansion itself. Walmart was oblivious as to if they would even get it, but they said they'd get the game on the 27th (we'll see). Gamestop was optimistic it would be there any day and I just decided offhand to try EB Games (thinking they wouldn't have it either since Gamestop owns them these days) and was pleasingly surprised to find they had it. Both of the latter places, though, said they would have their copies of the games on the 28th as it only shipped on the 27th.

I'm reading it now and have only gotten a few pages in, while drinking my morning coffee, but I'm getting exicted about what I read already! Heeeee!

I hope you all are able to get a hold of a copy. It helps to pacify while waiting on the XP itself to get here.
#6 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 3:48 PM
What is the point of the Prima Guide? An hour or two with the game can teach you almost everything you need, and what you can't figure out, someone else has, on one of the forums.

I don't get it. It's like paying for the movie trailers and then getting kicked out before the feature begins.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:05 PM
I never buy game guides... unless I get utterly stuck on the game but even then I look up solutions online. Waste of money (and space) if you ask me
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:10 PM
I'm sure there is stuff you all never just "figured out for yourself" that you either learned from this website or from someone else you know, as you said above. Well, some of us enjoy having something at hand to refer to, rather than posting in a thread and waiting for someone else to answer it for us. I like the visual, I like the information gleaned from the book and as I said before, it helps to pacify while waiting for the xp itself to come out.

You just have a differing opinion, so please don't rain on our parade.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 7:06 PM
I like getting the prima guide because I usually get it before the game, and I can take the time to flip through the pages and familiarize myself with the game. PLUS ... I like all the pretty pictures. It's just a resource guide that I like having.

Mine should be arriving on Monday.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 12:31 AM
Awww, Wal-mart sux! I was just there earlier and even though they said on the phone they would have the game on the 27th, the sign out front says March 1st! That's way off! LOL! Oh well, I'll just get it from my gamestop like I usually do on the 28th instead. At least I have the book to read for now.
=)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 1:55 AM
I'm still debating on whether or not to get the guide. The only guide I got was for NL, and I don't even really know why. It sure comes in handy though when I make new people so I can match up peoples zodiacs so they are attracted to each other!

I remember getting the guides for Superstar for the original Sims because I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing and I practically had negative stars.

I think I will get the Seasons guide book. I probably will need some help gardening.

But anywho, why don't you people share with us what interesting things you have read so we don't have to wonder!!! :P
#12 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 2:35 AM
I mainly use mine for jobs and pet jobs I always look ahead at what skills and how many more friends I need I might think about getting seasons since there are some new jobs. But I also KNOW I will need help with gardening and fishing guides thats the only reason I bought the OFB guide, because I had no clue how to run a business then once I got it I have gotton much better my cousin always asks me to bring it over since he doesnt have the guide becuase he needs help with his businesses.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 3:26 AM
Hey Momicajack, i got my copy!!! i'm soooooooooooooo excited. I've read about 10 pages, but that's all. I had to work, so I didn't get time, but i'm going to make time tonight to finish. It sounds like it's going to be a great Expansion, maybe the best so far.

Some people may not feel they want or need the guide, but i love the guides. They do pass the time easier while waiting for the actual game. Also, there is going to be so much in this expansion, just from what i read in the guide, i'm glad i bought it so i'll have a clue what to expect.
#14 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 3:37 AM
I picked up a copy when I preordered my game this afternoon. Good stuff.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:12 AM
YAY Kitty! Glad to hear you were able to get it!! It's very detailed on the gardening and all the ins and outs of how the weather affects your sims. It has 4 pages of the list of new objects, as well as about 10 pages of the pictures of those items.

In addition to that and all the usual info on the new building features, the 6 new careers information, and the new social interactions, it has a section that tells you about the all new neighborhood complete with new families.
#16 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:17 AM
So it's worth it? I'm hoping it'll actually get here! The Sims 2 itself guide I have, it's not Prima though. I've never seen any EP ones, I realllly wanted them. Then I went on holiday to Australia and they had one!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:24 AM
Cool! I've never seen an EP one. All the guides I've ever gotten since the original Sims 2 came out have always been Primal Official Game Guides. I guess it may be a regional thing, but if they don't actually sell them there were you are, maybe you could at least order one online if you wanted to. Yes, I do think they are worth it, but I guess if you have to order it on the internet it may cost you more than it would off the shelf at a store.
#18 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:28 AM
I'm looking now on Ebay, there's none for Seasons sadly but there is one for OfB (a Nightlife one too) which ireally want. Bidding's up to $27US. My dad's like 'No - maybe for your birthday' which is in June!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:38 AM
You should go to the Prima website - they seem to have them all:
http://www.primagames.com/catalog/r...uth_isbn=sims+2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Angelkins
But anywho, why don't you people share with us what interesting things you have read so we don't have to wonder!!! :P

Well, I've just now read one little interesting tidbit having to do with the garden scarecrow! Every now and then when your sim views this object, there is a chance it will come to life and startle your sim briefly! LOL!
#21 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 9:02 AM
Omg really? Lol, I can just imagine that

I shall have a scarecrow at Don Lothario's house! Hehe, somebody should make one of Bella and I'll make a spectacular garden for him with Bella's scarecrow in the middle of it :D. Mwahaha, revenge on Don!
#22 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 12:03 PM
melanie,in Whangarei, EB Games opened 3weeks before I left. They had Pets,OFB,NL&Uni Guides....
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 11:15 PM
the snowmen are different depending if a grumpy sim makes one. you'll have an 'evil' snowman if a grumpy sim makes him.

There are certain seasons that are best for planting certain foods.

There is a cure if you become a plant-sim. You have to buy it from the garden club or the gypsy lady.

Just a few things i didn't know until i read the guide.
#24 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
melanie,in Whangarei, EB Games opened 3weeks before I left. They had Pets,OFB,NL&Uni Guides....

OMG really?? So they should be down here.. It's just I never go there because a) it's in a mall so theres always traffic and b) my dad has a discount at dse. But when he comes home I shall beg him to go down with me and buy oone! :D
#25 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 8:35 AM
I rang EB games a few hours ago. They said they had it, last one sold out last week and they're not sure if they're getting any in. I rang round over places but they basically said no never have never will

Any other interesting tidbits you want to share?
Page 1 of 2