Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#126 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:56 PM Last edited by Laantjuh90 : 9th Sep 2014 at 2:13 PM.
I want
-Toddlers
-Pools
-Dishwashers/trash compactors, etc.
-A fear emotion
-Restaurants
-A family tree
-Firefighters/policemen/burglars, blahblah.
-No teleporting to work/school. Even the good ol' Sims 1 schoolbus was better than this!

Basically what everyone wants...

Also, wtf's up with all those random visits? This one guy, one that my Sim was good friends with, comes over, like, three times a day! Stalker much? Doesn't that guy have a job to do? Oh wait, he doesn't, because all NPC's are just people without a life that you can just use for your social rating. I want NPCs to actually have a life! Get married, have kids of their own. Stuff like that.

Sims get fat too fast. >.<

Tall teens. Urk. I was trying to find a suitable boyfriend for my teen girl and had to click through dozens and dozens of YAs/As before finally finding one. Where are all the kids and teen NPCs? Life's so lonely as a child/teen in TS4. All they do is go to school and skill.

That's about all for now...I'm sure I'll come up with more...EDIT: I already edited this 5 times, because I keep on thinking of something new...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aimiie22
I have been eagerly awaiting this game for months, I've have had/Have every Sim game plus expansions packs, But I've never felt so cheated straight away. Yes, we all know better custom comes in expansion packs.. But you expect new/better stuff to appear in expansion packs/Adventures, Yes? Not what was a basic before. I feel genuinely cheated, It's clear as soon as you play it, It's so basic you need to buy expansions to enjoy it. Not impressed.

I feel EA have focused way too much on the emotion side of a Sim and not realized how much it's the little things that make the game what it was and why we love it? Yes the new smarter Sims is fantastic, the little quirks, a FEW new interactions, don't get me wrong, But after hour of this, i have nothing better to describe it as It's boring tbh! I really don't see how for this so much was lost?!
It feels like it should have just been an expansion to Sims 3. It has no story progression unless you're happy to just go to a bar/park and talk to Sims day/night that's it. I Mean traveling next door is ridiculous! fair enough to other neighborhoods, the bars/parks But next door is just too much, you feel you have to stay where you are, which has ruined it for me, i understood it wasn't open world no more, but next door.. Come on EA? Seriously!

No family tree? I loved building my family's up and seeing them grow up! and looking to see other family's, it probably doesn't seem much but to me that was a massive part the game?! Yeah it still says, Brother on the Sims, But the family tree was a small but brilliant part for them days/weeks you decided you want to go down the route of building up family generations and linking them up with other family's in the game.

No custom style? They say, This new feature of been able to pick rooms, Make different sized walls/foundations is aimed for people who love to build and create the homes/Etc, For me they have made it so basic, Again it has lost all the best parts, Designing the rooms to a way you think your Sim would like it, Spending hours finding new fabrics etc on here and the exchange.
Dishwashers, Trash compacters, Home phones, Shops?! Work?! Toddlers?! Pools, Basements, Firefighters, Repo, Mailman, Police, The genral stuff we have come to love just thrown out to trash like it wasn't much, And when you think about it, So much has been taken out, More than what has been put in.

If the idea is to change the fundamentals of the game, Then they have achieved it, But they are going to lose a lot of the fan base they have build over the years, Me been one! I do hope these basics will return one day, Not over priced.. but we shall see.

I'm just so disappointed in this game, I hoped for so much more/better. But for me they have just completely lost the foundations of the game and gone for an "app" version of the game as apposed to an actually PC version with depth.

I`m a very very big fan of The Sims, since the first one, but I will not buy Sims 4. That is for shure. At least until EA prove us that can do much much better.
For now they are killing this great game...
Mad Poster
#128 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:32 PM
I dislike that families were clearly an afterthought. I hate the crib, I hate that bottles are whipped out of a sim's arse and vanish into thin air, I hate that dirty nappies also vanish into thin air and I loathe that babies themselves disappear into thin air/day care when parents are at work. Make me hire a nanny or send someone to collect the child, I don't care which.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:41 PM
The fact that my sim teens can earn more than their parents in I think all but 1 of the teen careers. I may be wrong but can't a teen mow lawns for $45 an hour?! Meanwhile, an intern in the astronaut career earns $26 an hour. The "coffee stain remover" job in the barista career pays more than the astronaut intern, as does baby-sitter. I just don't get how this makes sense. To be fair, I haven't actually played with teen jobs much yet so it's possible I'm misunderstanding, but it seems that teens get paid more per hour for most jobs, than the adults do for theirs?
Field Researcher
#130 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:46 PM
I have tried to like it. I dislike the navigation even in the "sims3 mode." It is still cumbersome and not quite the same. For me, the building is not "more intuitive," and remodeling a house is a chore due to the clumsy navigation, although I am getting more adept at it. I could deal with some of the other missing features, like a missing dishwasher and trash compacter, since it is a base game and things can get added later, although why these things are absent is beyond my ken. The deal breaker for me is the loading screens and the babies chained to the ugly bassinets and the lack of a toddler lifestage. It is a bit disconcerting to have your baby suddenly be a school age child. I haven't even been able to play any household long enough to get to the teens.

I get it. They were trying to catch the customer base that had lower end machines that could not handle the open world. OK. I hope that works for them and I hope those customers enjoy it.

I have become accustomed to the open world and have a machine that handles it well. For those who enjoy this new version of the sims, I wish you many hours of contented game play. For those of us who prefer the open world and the extra life stages, I hope that EA does not forget about this faction of the customer base.
Alchemist
#131 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:53 PM
The camera system, took me ages to figure it out
Scholar
#132 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anniemaniac
The fact that my sim teens can earn more than their parents in I think all but 1 of the teen careers. I may be wrong but can't a teen mow lawns for $45 an hour?! Meanwhile, an intern in the astronaut career earns $26 an hour. The "coffee stain remover" job in the barista career pays more than the astronaut intern, as does baby-sitter. I just don't get how this makes sense. To be fair, I haven't actually played with teen jobs much yet so it's possible I'm misunderstanding, but it seems that teens get paid more per hour for most jobs, than the adults do for theirs?

I remember it was that way back in TS3. Part-time jobs pay more per hour but have much fewer hours.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Test Subject
#133 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:25 PM
I also had the same feelings as you just had...I was looking forward to this new game but...I feel a bit disappointed...for a few reasons...more than for what I would like to see in the sims...what The sims LACKS fromt he beginning...

Despite toddlers are a minor problem (we didn't have them until the sims 3), we don' have pools...I have talked to someone who has been working as a tester and he's told me we will have to pay for pools...so to say it's gonna be a downloadable part and with real money involved...
I read online from someone from EA that said that "TS4 was a ntaural evolution of TS3" but actually...it's an evolution from TS2...if you put on the radio you will hear music from TS2, not the sims 3, which gives you a hint...Then physically I see more resemblance with TS2 than with TS3...I would call it...THe Sims 2 3.0 version...

Then...I agree with someone over here about neirbourhoods...they are divided in areas (and it's likely to continue like that for what I read) that is a great jump back (TS2) from the Sims3...and you don't get to see any of the sorrounding areas?? Plus few people in each neighbrd.

No swimming at all!!bleh!

The emotions states...WTF? I quite think they forgot the siwmming pools and such because they were too inmersed in the emotions thing and they actually came up with hasty solution: "OMG! WE 4GOT POOLS!LET'S MAKE IT A DLC!HURRY!" This states thing...please...it just goes from one state to another but actually is not that interactive...plus you have 6 mini-ideas related to it; the 3already existing "desires" and 3 results of the emotional state...but that's it...no further consequences...

If we look at it the way it is...it is too basic to be released...It's an "empty" game...just the minimum so that you can play...but it's incomplete...so...conclusion?? WE WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR EVERY SINGLE THING WE HAD FOR FREE IN THE SIMS 3...I see it coming...things that were free will be a part of an accesories pack or something posted in the EA shop so you have to buy it...and the expansion packs will have different things but not THOSE that we all liked and enjoyed in previous editions...

I sincerely hope that in the first expansion pack (that should be released within 3 months since the game now is too basic), they mend all that that they 4got and people are crying for...
Mad Poster
#134 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elisabet1988
Despite toddlers are a minor problem (we didn't have them until the sims 3)

Quick note to point out they were introduced in TS2.
Inventor
#135 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:11 PM
Well, one thing I am unhappy with as I've said in another forum, that unike the Sims 2+3, you have to type in "testingCheats True" whenever you leave/ come back from a lot. I just copy and paste it but still, it's pretty annoying.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:15 PM
1. Everything in my house breaks every few minutes and I get tired of fixing it
2. A lot of things are missing such as a trash compactor and dish washer
3. What's the actual point of having a fire alarm if there are no firemen?
4. Bodies change way too fast and are highly unrealistic, I mean, I've never met a fat person with a thigh gap and an old person with a flawless complextion
5. The tutorials are annoying especially since I'm a hands on learner who works better when doing rather than reading and there's no way to turn them off

I don't hate the game, I still enjoy playing it but the amount of flaws and modding that has to be done to make it really fun to play is extremely high. I have considered going back to Sim 3 for a while until more content is released and modding happens.

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
Instructor
#137 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emimori
4. Bodies change way too fast and are highly unrealistic, I mean, I've never met a fat person with a thigh gap and an old person with a flawless complextion

I find it odd that none of the MALES in my game are getting fat, only the women. WTH? They're not all bros or athletic and when I go to the gym, it's full of females.

Even if it were both genders, this realism is for the birds. You won't let me have toddlers/realistic families, but let's make everyone get fat? No. No, no, no.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Test Subject
#138 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 5:56 PM
Haven't gotten a chance to play because you have to remain connected to origins. Origins doesn't work for me 98% of time, so I have to fight with it to even connect to the internet. Most times when it does start working it's after it has been reinstalled about 10 times and updated again numerously. Switching back to sims 3. It's just not worth dealing with sims 4 over this (for me at least).

Edit: For some reason during install it lags an obscene amount. I've installed games heavier than sims before and never had this problem.
Test Subject
#139 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 6:38 PM
What I really like about The Sims 4 .. The UI..Big changing Avatars and the queue of actions up the left. Also the tweaking of the character mesh in creation and the various walks. 'Cartoony' graphics.Well done Maxis.

What I really dislike about The Sims 4 ... Everything else.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ranissa
I find it odd that none of the MALES in my game are getting fat, only the women. WTH? They're not all bros or athletic and when I go to the gym, it's full of females.

Even if it were both genders, this realism is for the birds. You won't let me have toddlers/realistic families, but let's make everyone get fat? No. No, no, no.
My male is getting a pot belly. You know, the Sims Travis Scott? Yeah - pot belly. He needs to start working out.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#141 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
The loading screen to go across the street, the problem with the edge scrolling that never works, and the CAS system all together. I loved they got rid of the sliders, hated that they only gave us three slots and not nearly enough traits to choose from. The clothing was...limited at best, which kind of stinks. The hair, it's bad enough they decided to go for less realism and gave me choppy ugly textured hair, but come on. They could have given us a few more options. Lastly, pools. It was a nice feature I enjoyed, if I can't have a pool, at least my sim could in Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#142 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:50 PM
More random notes, as I am playing...

GARDENING
What am I suppossed to do with flowers ? I can't put them in a vase, I can't use them for creating a potion or anything special, what's the purpose of them?
Also we need an urgent fix for the taking a cut & grafting bugs. The cuts I take from the plants randomly lose their name shortly after I have them in my inventory. So if I took cuts from 20 different plants, there is no way I can tell which cutting is from which plant. Strawberry + daisy grafting suppossed to create a dragonfruit but it doesn't work. Same with some other combinations too. I can't complete my plants collection.

FISHING
Why most of the fish I catch won't go in to the fridge or why does the fridge only accepts 1 or 3 of a certain kind of fish? What am I suppossed to do with all those fish that wont go in to the fridge?

TRAITS
I like gaining new traits by advancing on jobs and skills during gameplay. So, it is like you are creating the character by how you play it, besides 3 basic traits, no predetermining the whole character seems to make things more interesting for me.
testingcheats turning off after each travel&loading is really annoying.

LOADINGS
I really really really completely dislike small neighbourhoods, limited open space and loading tons of loading screens. I wish there was a way to turn this game back to open world system. At least I wish we could have the option. Like I mean, the game could have 2 different working conditions that is determined by user while installing it, so those who have slower computers or like loading system can choose that, and those who like to load everything once can choose open neighbourhood gameplay. That would be awesome.
By habit, I frequently find myself zooming out and clicking the little magnifyingglass to see the whole world and I end up seeing a dang loading screen (which causes my game crash to desktop 99% of the time)
I wish so hard somehow they get rid of those loading screens sometime by an expansion or something.

WORLD MAP
I hate that we can not edit the worlds at all. We can't add new lots, move them, save them to housebin etc.

MUSIC
Music is really nice. Before I used to turn off the music in build&buy mode cuz it was really annoying after some time, but in TS4 It's not disturbing at all. I am even humming it sometimes lol Also I LOVE how the musical instruments play at higher skill levels. It's awesome that they play some real pieces. Especially Violn is awesome. I just don't like the animations of my sims while playing cuz they almost never syncronise with the rhythim of what they are playing.

Total
There are soooooo many missing things ... I doubt anything great will ever come out of this game.. After TS3's awesome features, variety and fullness, trying to be happy with this game is impossible. I'm still playing it just because I have it, and it's new. Just collecting postcards, building skills, achieving aspirations for the sake of seeing what happens.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Test Subject
#143 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:22 AM
well, anitmations....awesome, big step forward
gameplay ?? big step backwards

i bet "the sims 5" will be just a movie, something like "avatar" lol

the're halfway with this "sims4"

for me, back to "thesims3"
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:32 AM
I've noticed that I can't play TS4 for more than 15 minutes or so at a time. Not sure if I've completely lost interest in The Sims or if the game is really just that unfun. Maybe both.
Test Subject
#145 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:12 AM
So far after playing for 10-15 hours, I feel like they've tried to make the game idiot proof... which is also how I felt about the interface and mechanics in Skyrim (compared to Oblivion). I don't hate it, but I also wasn't really sure what to expect after reading all the changes. The Sims look great CC free, gameplay is really smooth, but it just feels so empty... like something is missing. I can't figure out what, though.
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by china_doll13
(compared to Oblivion)

Test Subject
#147 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:32 AM
My biggest problem about TS4: Goal oriented game.
You have to unlock this, unlock that, do this, do that...
Goal oriented aspiration I can handle, but I fracking hate you have to achieve some requirement to get promotion in career, it totally ruin the role play element.
Why being entrepreneur, you have to make X amount of royalty from video game ? (Why can't be a pure app startup?)
Why being criminal, you have to first get hated ? (Why can't be a savvy criminal mastermind?)
Why Why Why!? To get from grade C to grade B, you have to get energized, and get all 4 skill to level 4 ?
In TS3 you can be suck at one skill, but good with other, and still can be promote.
In TS4 you have to follow what EA gives you, or else you cannot proceed. The first playthorough can be interesting, but second time gets dull, the third time gets annoyed. Just like Sims Medieval, the first time are fun, but not for long term.
Mad Poster
#148 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:09 AM
Well, I'm pretty open to a new game with some limits. I never get to explore the myriad options in any of the sims games. I create/find sims that I grow to love, have them replicate - sometimes too ridiculously large families with long, long lifespans, and happily play that family forever. I don't get bored with family-style life. I LOVED S1 and S2 for wackiness and unexpected happenings, such as stomping grapes - S1 - or turning over garbage cans - S2 - but I finally gave up on S3 after it crashed so many times I had no emotional connection left to my sims any more. I had to keep recreating them too often and never got to play them much - and the stuttering and freezing became unbearable. I switched to Skyrim for 2 1/2 years but was more than thrilled to come back to a Sims game when S4 was announced. But I'm finding the new game less than interesting. I love the look of the sims, the neighborhoods are gorgeous and I like the small, limited neighborhoods. But it's not interesting or fun. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's something to do with it being so directed to a goal-oriented play style whereas I just like to toodle around with my sims. No toodling, I guess that's what I'm missing...:b
Instructor
#149 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by china_doll13
Woohoo level wasn't a part of the games, it was the NRAA Kama Simtra mod.

http://simsvip.com/2013/09/16/sims-...kill-confirmed/

SimGuru Graham tweeted that it was a thing in Sims 4. Inge wonders why it was left out.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Instructor
#150 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:09 AM
I hate that you can't tell if a sim has already read a book or not, in Sims 3 you could tell. =/

And WTF is up with the roofs? There's a reason why a roof should go down pass the wall a bit so please EA make it so ALL the roofs go well together! It looks awful if you try to mix the roof types as they are now, I want them to be like in previous games but WITH the new features of different textures and awnings. =(

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
The camera system, took me ages to figure it out

Yes, so annoying! I switched to Sims 3 style but since you have to use wheel on the mouse to tilt and use the keyboard to turn left/right it's not as easy as before and I hate it.
Locked thread
Page 6 of 223