Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 4:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Barely There Glass Door issue
This is weird - I noticed I'm having this issue with this door as described in this thread:

https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8743

It also does only display one green square tile so it is indeed like it was only placing one side of the door. I deleted it and rebought it and it still persisted.

The poster there found that a stair wall from MTS was causing the glitch, but I do not have that wall (which is I believe a window).

Just curious whether anyone else has had this or it's a known issue at all, before I do the ol' 50/50.
Screenshots

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 5:13 PM
They did mention the issue wasn't the stair wall fix, as downloading a fresh copy doesn't affect it. Those doors have several CEP extra's, are you sure you have all of them and they are installed correctly?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 9:52 AM
OK, I've now checked my CEP installation and it seems to be up to date and I have all four components in Documents and Program files. How can I check if I have the extras? I know that I had to download an extra thing to get the Ikea shelf to recolour, so it's possible that I have missed some files.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 5:12 PM
The extras go in Users\[username]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA and [Install Location]\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA. You can compare those files to Numenor's original download, but if you have any custom extras for recolours or anything, you'd need to check the creator sites.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Jul 2024 at 12:38 PM
I had the same issue. For me, it was a problem with Honeywells universal baby gate: https://modthesims.info/d/497904/un...r-toddlers.html
Apparently, there was a GUID conflict with The Barely There Glass Door wall mask, which has been fixed now. If you downloaded it years ago, you could try taking it out or using the updated version and see if that helps.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 3:48 PM
Oh I think I did. Thank you very much, @SimSiren. According to MTS, I have the older version.