Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 12:48 AM
Default Catwalk~Round 2
Everyone knows that the modeling world is a dangerous one. The catwalk is not for the faint of heart, and just as it is named, there are dangerous creatures who stalk it. But just as it is dangerous, it is glamourous and mysterious. That is the allure. And so many young women find it enticing, the competition is fierce. The social ladder is more like a food chain, and to surive you must use more than just your looks.

Because everyone knows the modeling world is a dangerous one.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Welcome to Catwalk.
I'm your host, April, and if you're reading this, you probably will get to know me better. And you should be hoping that it will be a lot better.

But yes, I'm sure you're here for more than just a quick chat with me, huh? Here, grab a rules sheet and be on your way.

::Rules
:To apply you must be
18 years or older
Human
:You must
Fill out the attached application
Have access to a camera
Be willing to work, and meet deadlines
PM me if you wish to be a judge
:You must not
Flame other contestents
Use over-sized photos
Clog up our line with chatter

::Application
Full Name:
Modeling experiance:
Include three (3) photos
1 headshot, no make-up
1 bodyshot, black and white
1 choice shot

Also, please write a short piece about yourself, and why you should be this years Catwalk winner.

::Rounds
The current will be bolded, past ones italicized.
Application~
Choose a path~
Unrevealed~
Unrevealed~
Final Round~

Applications will continue through round 1.

::Prizes
1st
Six lovely outfits GRACIOUSLY donated by Liana at lianasims.com
4 Everyday

1 Formal

1 Underwear

All are fit for a champion model, and can be found here, in her donation section.

2nd and 3rd are as of yet, undecided.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd May 2007 at 5:10 AM
Approved 5.22.07
Ends 6.22.07

***Do NOT post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.***

Formerly known as boolPropped
#4 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:32 PM
Oh la la! I think I'll enter. Can we use sims entered in other competitions?
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:54 PM
Default Hannah Coleman - App
Name: Hannah Coleman
Modeling Experience: Nothing major, I've done a few local fashion shows.

This contest looks fun! Question, what do you mean by address? Like a Sim address, or should we make up a real one?
#6 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:56 PM
Holy hell was that ever confusing when I saw this on the newest posts.
Instructor
#7 Old 24th May 2007 at 12:38 AM
Do we have to know how to photoshop, I dont really know how to photoshop and I only have gimp!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th May 2007 at 1:04 AM
Okay, I'll do this in order...

Question #1-PerplexinglyMe
Yes, feel free. As long as it's your own sim I don't mind at all.
Question #2-readysetgo88
Yeah, make up one.
Comment-Catwalk
Hehe...sorry about that. That must have been...odd. We're obviously starting a gossip thread about you. *whisper whisper snicker snicker.*
Question #3-Msp_teen
Feel free to try and use the GIMP or not photoshop at all. We're also judging on beauty, creativity and general rule following. You can also get help from a friend, or for basic stuff, (like throwing your sim on a background you found) I can help.
#9 Old 24th May 2007 at 1:13 AM
Full Name: Athena Lochi
Address: 5689 Larken Dr, Seattle, WA
Modeling experiance: None, except local charity shows.

Pictures in a little while

EDIT: I just spent about an hour in game trying to do pictures. And then I accidently clicked no when it asked if I wanted to save the game. ARGHH! Now I have no pictures.
Banned
#10 Old 24th May 2007 at 1:59 AM
I may enter
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th May 2007 at 2:01 AM
Oh, please do.

And by the way, I like your avatar. (No, that's not an attempt to suck up I swear)

I'm sorry Perplexingly...maybe...okay never mind. That sucks. Don't feel rushed to get them replaced though, you still have loads of time. If I were you I'd check the pictures folder though, cause sometimes the game saves them anyways.
Instructor
#12 Old 24th May 2007 at 2:35 AM
Default Sinclair Rayes----->Application
Full Name: Sinclair Rayes
Address: 1803 Westmore Avenue, Miami Florida
Modeling experiance: Small magazine ad for La Cubana Magazine
Pics:

No Makeup:

Body Shot:

Choice Shot:

About Myself: Well first off I am sweet caring person, I am willing to learn and do new things. I am Cuban and Swedish (Cuban Father, Swedish Mother). My life has been so far beside the part where I was raped and had to babies, but it is all fine because I believe there is a bright side to everything, getting raped was the bad part, but beeing blessed with two brilliant and beautiful angels was the bright side, but other than that I am confident and once I get started nothing can hold me back!!!

Why Should I Be This Year's Catwalk Winner? I think I should win because I have Beauty, Brains, and Body. I don't mean to sound conceeded, but what more could you ask for.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th May 2007 at 2:39 AM
Default Application [Saloma]
P/s If anything wrong please tell me..thanks!

Full Name: Saloma Jazz
Address: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Modeling experiance: T.V commercial (part time)

headshot, no make-up

bodyshot, black and white

choice shot

About myself: I am a college student and do some part time job in modeling for my education fee. I'm smart, creative, positive and confident in front of the camera. Frankly speaking, camera loves me.. Even I look too feminine, but I'm strong inside and no matter what people might say negativity about me, no matter what criticism, I always be myself.

Why you should be this years Catwalk winner?
I believe that I have a "gifted talent" in this industry....I'm a chameleon, and ready for everything (whatever style "thrown" on me).
#14 Old 24th May 2007 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TwilightSilver
Oh, please do.

And by the way, I like your avatar. (No, that's not an attempt to suck up I swear)

I'm sorry Perplexingly...maybe...okay never mind. That sucks. Don't feel rushed to get them replaced though, you still have loads of time. If I were you I'd check the pictures folder though, cause sometimes the game saves them anyways.

That's what I thought, so I didn't think it would matter if I didn't save the game. But there were none in their except one. I'll get them in soon. This is my very last day of school, and we only go from 7.10-11.20 today. FINALLY!
#15 Old 24th May 2007 at 8:23 PM
perplexing: do you start summer holidays now??? you are so lucky

well i have inest day tommorrow than we have half term holiday next week so i will get and entry in soonish
#16 Old 24th May 2007 at 9:06 PM
Full Name: Benazier Bérénice Lumière
Address: Tuscany Mews 324
Modeling experience:
[1988]Covergirl voor Petite Paris Magazine
[1994-1996] 20 month contract with LaFemmeJeune Magazine
[2002] On the runway for the anual IndieScene Designer Festival

Benazier was born in 1984 in Paris. All her life she has been looked at
for her unusual names. She used to be called Bérénice, but her mother
changed it to Benazier in 1988, after Benazir Bhutto, the first female Prime Minister of Pakistan, which is where her mother was born. Her father is French, and an architect. At an early age, Benazier was discovered by
a kiddy-fashionist, and got several offers. Her mother wanted her child to have a good education, so most of them had to be turned down. After majoring in Law, and succesfully graduating, Benazier took a sabbaticle, and
decided to pick up her old passion; "I should be this years Catwalk winner, because I simply deserve it. I've worked hard to live up to my parents' expectations, and now I can finally do what I love!"

NO MAKE UP

BODYSHOT

CHOICESHOT

Dont Click On This Link!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th May 2007 at 12:56 AM
Beautiful entries so far. Great job guys, I'm updating the contestant list.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th May 2007 at 12:58 AM
Default Amber Moore App
Full Name: Amber Nicole Moore
Address: Cleveland, Ohio
Modeling experiance: I have done a little bit of modeling for like sears. My biggest shoot was for Bridal Magazine. It was also my favorite.
Short Bio: I grow up in Cleveland,Ohio with my mother. She was a single mom and always work two or more jobs just so I could go to dance classes. At 16 I started doing small ads for Sears, Wal-mart,ect to help my mother with the bills. I just fell in love with modeling. I found my passion and hopefully someday I'll make it big. Then my mother can get the little white house with the a walk in closet like she always wanted. The reason why I should be the Catwalk winner is because I've got a lot of spunk and would bring it everytime I walk the Catwalk!!

headshot, no make-up

bodyshot, black and white

choice shot
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th May 2007 at 7:57 PM
Great job people. I think my favorite 4 shots so far have been...

msp_teen's headshot
haroz's choice shot
Lewser's choice shot
and mornindew's bodyshot

I think thats one od everybodys... everybody with all 3 pictures in I mean.

And I still need judges, hint hint wink wink anyone reading this.

And I'm working on getting second and third place prizes. :smash:
Banned
#20 Old 25th May 2007 at 8:35 PM
Default Naima Warren Application
Full Name:Naima Warren
Address:NYC,TORONTO. teheh, dont want no one tracking me down!
Modeling experiance:I havent done a lot, just basic small adds.

Other photos soon.
#21 Old 26th May 2007 at 4:51 AM
Yay a contest that doesn't require photoshopping:D
Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th May 2007 at 11:17 AM
Ooh this sounds fun! I'll definatley enter!
Everybodys enteries are wonderful all beauties!
Oh and mornindew where did you get the hair from in your bodyshot? I love it!
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th May 2007 at 9:05 PM
Default Kennedy Moore - Application
Full Name: Kennedy Moore
Address: Los Angeles, California
Modeling Experience: I've modeled locally but have not had any national exposure jobs. I've been modeling informally since I was a teen.

I grew up in a typical middle-class working family in suburbia. The thing that set me apart from most other kids in my neighborhood is that I had untypical parents. My mom had the full-time job and my dad was the stay-at-home caregiver. All I can say is that it worked for them. I was very close to my dad since he was the one always home. My world fell apart at 16 when he unexpectedly died. I grew up quickly after that. I had a strong desire to be independent and make my mark on the world. I left home at 18 right after graduating and know I will be successful. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I can be the Catwalk winner because of my strong determination to make a success of my life. I've endured many negative things and that has only made me a stronger person. I love to model; it's a burning passion with me. I'm quick to learn and flexible with arrangements. I've always had a good rapport with the cameramen too.

Head Shot, No Make-Up

Body Shot, Black & White

Choice Shot
Banned
#24 Old 27th May 2007 at 3:46 PM
I have to drop out due to the deletion of my neighborhood!:@
#25 Old 27th May 2007 at 7:57 PM
How are the deadlines for this contest going to be and how demanding will the rounds be?

I thought about making a comeback.

Page 1 of 7