Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14326 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I thought that was a good idea as I am playing their lot right now, but she can't even be clicked on.

Oh, dear Should have known EA would have thwarted us in some way.

I love the idea of a playable being able to judge food contests - plenty of my sims probably cook better than the food judge (she may have 10 food points, but I am quite certain some of mine have more experience }.
Advertisement
Inventor
#14327 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 11:45 AM
She can be selected with COE and then accepts commands. The NPC just doesn't have personglobals interactions.

You can put her on a table to be judged.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14328 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 12:05 PM
Interests are randomised, sorta, but in a FT or later game, the way they are allocated is heavily weighted especially for sims created younger than teen age. It's something to do with the fact that Maxis decided certain interests are "age-inappropriate" for different age ranges and capped them at max 4, with a boost/loss of exactly 4 points in each interest when they move from an age stage they are capped vs unrestricted or vice versa.

The problem is that when that's combined with the game's interest balancing system that tries to keep everyone at a total of 90 interest points, there are only a limited combination of ways you can allocate 90 points with so many capped categories, so everyone ends up with very similar interests, especially if they were created in CAS as a child or toddler or born-in-game.

Interests are "randomised" in that they get set 6 things they are interested in (7-10 points), 6 things they are neutral about (4-6 points) and 6 things they are uninterested in (0-3 points).

However babies-to-children have their interests capped in 10 of the 18 possible interests so they always get loads of interest points stuffed into the other 8, and a lot of the capped ones end up as exactly 4.

If you want them totally random for all ages, you need: https://www.tumblr.com/rio-sims/660...terest-ages-mod

I also made one that still caps some, but not as many so it doesn't have the same issue. I found when testing this the maximum you can cap is 3, otherwise it messes up the allocation totally. It still messes it up a bit when creating teens or older, but it works well for kids and babies born in game, IMO.

My recommendation for interests would be to use the rio-sims mod when creating a lot of CAS sims or when allowing townies to generate.

Then put my mod in for born-in-game sims and also use the coin flip mod so they don't always change their interests at age-up: https://lilbabydilljr.tumblr.com/po...hange-is-random

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#14329 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Not to mention all the stuff that was called "salad" in the 50s that just consisted of combining a bunch of stuff with jello.

I looked that up. Now I regret it. XD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14330 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I looked that up. Now I regret it. XD

Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Potato salad is 100% food

The Sims 2 chef salad has eggs in it, do you class those as food?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#14331 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 6:56 PM
I wish sims could cuddle their small dogs, as with cats .
Mad Poster
#14332 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 7:00 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Mar 2024 at 9:48 PM.
^ That is a classic example of WHY???
(I mean, there are things like shrimp coctails and such, which use broth-based gelatine or similar, so why use dessert-type jello for what's clearly meant to be a savoury dish? Or putting weird savory items in with the Jello? Or mixing stuff that clearly have no business being mixed together with jello or gelatine? I have so many questions! (A lot of them answered by this guy, who makes the items and tastes them... Yeah... )
Top Secret Researcher
#14333 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 7:07 PM
Technically lime can be sweet or savory. The only question mark there is the amount of sugar in it, although sugar is necessary for gelatin to set properly.
Also I like how that recipe tells you to "fill the center with seafood salad" which, unless you buy it premade somehow, is just a completely different recipe that you need in order to make this one.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#14334 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Technically lime can be sweet or savory. The only question mark there is the amount of sugar in it, although sugar is necessary for gelatin to set properly.

Just plain lime juice? Sure - it can be sweet or savory.
I don't know about American Jello, but the brands we've got here tend to be more sugar than gelatine, so clearly meant to be more of the sweet kind. Not what I'd normally use for a savory dish. The savory broth-based gelatine I mentioned has just a tiny bit of sugar in it compared to the sweet kind, so I wouldn't think you need a whole lot of sugar for it to set.
Mad Poster
#14335 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 9:33 PM
Good mythical morning and their sub-channel good mythical kitchen has done a lot of recreations of food recipes from the 50s and 60s. People did a lot of weird things with jello. That one is honestly pretty tame, at least the jello isn't stuffed with a bunch of meats inside it

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#14336 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Good mythical morning and their sub-channel good mythical kitchen has done a lot of recreations of food recipes from the 50s and 60s. People did a lot of weird things with jello. That one is honestly pretty tame, at least the jello isn't stuffed with a bunch of meats inside it

Shrimp cocktails used to be a staple food at parties back in the days (I think people stopped bringing it to family parties when I was still little, and I was quite skeptical of everything that usually went into it, so never tasted it).

I don't think the sweet type of jello has been used for "salads" where I live, though. I just remember eating it with vanilla custard as a child. Weirdest preparation is probably trying to make a decorated train out of jello, and later making mini chocolates with a jello layer (which wasn't too successful).
Inventor
#14337 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
at least the jello isn't stuffed with a bunch of meats inside it

Meat makes its own jelly during long cooking and subsequent refrigeration, to create "cold meat". I've had that for Christmas. Cold with bread. They make gelatin by isolating it from meats.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14338 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Also I like how that recipe tells you to "fill the center with seafood salad" which, unless you buy it premade somehow, is just a completely different recipe that you need in order to make this one.

That's what makes it so funny I think, also how barf-like the jelly looks with bits of cottage cheese set in it.
Lab Assistant
#14339 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 12:20 AM
Now I feel like I've stumbled into the StupidFood subreddit by mistake. Jackie93Sims on tumblr did a nifty and colourful dressed herring salad recently - https://jacky93sims.tumblr.com/post...the-best-to-you . I had thought the original dish might include aspic, but glancing at recipes this one's woefully Jello-free (surely to its detriment).

Edit: I'm not meaning to catagorise Jackie's dish with the wobbly green spectacle pictured further above. The herring salad is probably pretty tasty.
Mad Poster
#14340 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 12:40 AM
^ Nah, that one is jello-free. A lot of similar salads come with a hefty creamy dressing consisting of things like mayo, mustard, yoghurt, cream or creme fraiche.

I think the weirdest salad I've ever come across (not jello-based, though) is Waldorf salad, which definitively was a staple food in family reunions. It's a slightly funky one, but not the worst mix I can think of (depends what you put into it, I guess - I've had good and bad ones - it's a strange fruit-ish salad mix somewhere between sweet and savory, and it does have some salad elements. Whipped cream, apples, grapes and nuts I'm fine with, maybe also pineapple, but there could also be celery, mayo, kale, mustard... well, I guess people have dfferent tastes). I prefer the ones with just cream and some fruit and nuts, because the others are just confusing (is it a side-dish? Dessert? Who knows?)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14341 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
She can be selected with COE and then accepts commands. The NPC just doesn't have personglobals interactions.

You can put her on a table to be judged.

Lol, I mark her as a D.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14342 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 2:37 PM
My grannie used to make this "salad" to go with our roast beast Christmas dinners every year... it was a molded ring of yellow jello (lemon), horse-radish, finely chopped cabbage, walnuts, cottage cheese, and minced ham. *shudders*
I miss her dearly, but not so much the "salad."

...oh - and it was served with a dollop of mayonnaise on top. (Apparently sour cream was hard to get during the great depression?)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#14343 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I will have a potato salad, thank you very much. With wine.

And I'd like my sims to have one too.

There's potato salad in here. https://modthesims.info/d/244068/sa...ad-updated.html
Mad Poster
#14344 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There's potato salad in here. https://modthesims.info/d/244068/sa...ad-updated.html

Thank you
Lab Assistant
#14345 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 6:10 PM
I'd like to see a set of individual mods released by the same cc creator for shorter wind-down/stop times of various activities - yoga, karaoke are two particularly annoying ones. But there are probably plenty more. I know there are already some mods out there for activities like basketball and the diary.
Mad Poster
#14346 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 6:54 PM
I - and I apologize if it makes anyone unhappy (not really)

absolutely LOVE those jello things All of them, any form, and plain too. (You get those with less sugar these days, if it bothers you. Sets just as well).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14347 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I - and I apologize if it makes anyone unhappy (not really)

absolutely LOVE those jello things

Fancy a first-class alcoholic jelly with peaches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYBesohRK0
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#14348 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 2:05 AM
It would be cool if there was a mod with MARTIAL ARTS like interactions. For active and sport/fitness sims.
Mad Poster
#14349 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Fancy a first-class alcoholic jelly with peaches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYBesohRK0

YES!

Peaches, plums, pineapples, papaya...
Top Secret Researcher
#14350 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 9:43 AM
Not really something for in game, but I'd wish that the Clean Installer could be updated so it could detect if a CC of a house, to be installed, is already in the downloadfolder or not. So no doubles will be installed.

Now what I do when I install a house that contains CC is:
1. Install it with Clean Installer 2. Check if there are any more doubles in the downloadfolder
3. Decide which of the doubles to delete.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Page 574 of 583