Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 2:29 PM
Default Red Heart Woohoo Confetti
I'm starting to get a little irritated by the red heart confetti that rains down on the beds of sims that woohoo
If anyone knows a way to remove it please shout loudly !
Many thanks
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 7:21 PM Last edited by grillcheesesammich : 4th Jul 2010 at 9:48 PM.
ABSTINENCE!

Ha no, seriously, that is a good question.
Is the Woohoo motion an effect, an animation or a combo?
I know the fog emitter can duplicate the said love confetti and has variations, and I know that other effects are easily screened out by simple mods.
The problem with filtering out one effect is that you risk losing a string of related effects somewhere else in the game.

Go all Spielberg on their asses.

I can't help you with the omission but I can recommend you try messing with fog emitters under your sim's bed and try out some mystical mind-blowing Woohoo effect substitutes (there are many hundreds of codes).
Who knows, maybe you will get thank you flowers from your sims for improving things "undercover".
I cannot confirm if the fog emitters came with Ambitions or were a result of the latest patch.
CODES: There is a txt file for download in a popular fog emitter thread on this site, here.
Share your findings.
I'm off to try it myself.
*edit*
I present you with HOT STEAMY HONEYMOON STARZABLAZING WOOHOO:

larger view
Like a Virgin touched for the very...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 11:24 PM
Nice idea I guess there is no limit to the use of these effects. I used graveyardfog to make a large bathroom look steamy. However I'm happy to report that I fixed the red confetti problem forever. Having figured out that it was nothing to do with the actual bed, but simply a texture used randomly when triggered by the woohoo interaction, I rumaged through the 12000 img files and found the single red heart on a transparent background. Quite tiny just 32x32, I made a new file completely alpha and renamed it to the same as the heart. Now my sims can woohoo in peace ! For those who like to be amused, you can replace the heart image with anything you like, so sims can have french fries raining down on the bed if that does it for you
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 11:44 PM
That is awesome. I'm glad you shared that snippet, I am going to make use if it. French fries raining down on the bed would please ME so long as there was ketchup by the bed, but I think it would annoy my partner.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 1:33 PM
What is the name of this red-heart IMG file (resource)?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 1:44 PM
Hi, In the full build 2 package it is simply called "heart". I have a copy of all the img files from the game in a folder on my hard drive, so i can simply use windows search to find things, although I'm sure there must be software that searches within package files. This is the full img line S3_00B2D882_00000000_7B243B89BD9E8FD7_heart_0x7b243b89bd9e8fd7%%+_IMG.dds
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 12:15 AM
Cool, this worked well, simple and elegant; the woohoo hearts are gone in my game now too. A number of things could be changed around in the same way presumably, either removed or altered to some other graphic.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/