Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2009 at 5:55 AM Last edited by happyasabunny : 7th Jun 2009 at 2:41 PM.
Default SimCity's Next Best Pop Star! Need at least 5 more people please come join to save this contest and Round 1 and apps are Due tommorow!

Have you ever wanted to have a chance at stardom? Do you want to become rich and famous? Is singing your thing? Well, if this is all true then you might just get your chance by entering SimCity's Next Best Pop Star!

There are no eliminations. I will add up the scores at the end and find a winner.

Rounds
Auditions/application
Round 1-A Restaurant Gig
Round 2-A Talent Show
Round 3-An Act Opener
Round-4-Your Own Act

Rules:
3-5 pictures per round (I will specify what they need to be of later)
Name and round in the title bar.
3-5 sentences explaining the picture
Have fun!!

Application:
1 headshot
1 bodyshot
2 pictures of the sim performing at an audition

Contestants
1L Lawliet_SC(Reijiro Matsuda)
2clw8(Dani Scott)
3Deatherella(Phil McCrakken)

Judges
1KyleTheArtist
2Cheese
3sammxo2010

EJ
1happyasabunny

What you will be judged on
Posing
Creativity
Rules for the round
Explanations of the pictures

Prizes
I'm not sure yet but I think I will have one ready soon. You guys can make prizes if you want and I will add them.

Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th May 2009 at 5:56 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 5.25.09
Ends 6.25.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2009 at 4:15 PM
Hi guys, I'm so excited so lets get the applications rolling in! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th May 2009 at 5:23 PM
It sounds interesting, does it only has to be one Sim the entire contest? And any age requirements? Like only Teenagers and YA?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2009 at 6:49 PM
You can have two entries per person and any age from teen to adult.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2009 at 7:53 PM
Hm... May I judge?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th May 2009 at 10:22 PM Last edited by L Lawliet_SC : 27th May 2009 at 9:36 PM.
Default Application-Reijiro Matsuda
-Name: Reijiro Matsuda
-Sex: Male

Headshot

Okay, yeah it's me Reijiro. Most people call me Rei, I've always loved to sing and when I heard about this I decided to take my shot, and I do love a good photo oppertunity.

Bodyshot

My full body shot, it's not much but then again the place I was waiting in to audition was kind of dull and drab. Oh I should mention the fact that I'm also full of attitude. My favorite style of music? Well I like a bit of everything but right now I'm concentraiting more so on Japanese Pop, things like that.

Preformance

Here I am where I'm the happiest, on stage. They picked the type of music and I had to sing the words, It was interesting. I was nervous at first but once I got into it it flowed so easily.

Music is a part of my soul, and when I sing it comes from deep within my heart. I let the music take total control of my mind, body, heart and soul. I let it do what it wants, and I love it.

I am L...I am...Justice

http://i33.tinypic.com/dmcyut.jpg - There be Dragons..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th May 2009 at 1:55 AM
I will add you KyleTheArtist. Good ap.L Lawliet_SC but you need 3-5 sentences explaining the pictures but I will add you anyway.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th May 2009 at 2:12 AM
May I also be a judge too please?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th May 2009 at 3:05 AM
I'll judge, if you'd like me to be

Just call me Sam :]
Scholar
#11 Old 26th May 2009 at 3:36 AM
Default Application: clw8
Application

-Name: Dani Scott
-Sex: Female
-Address: 11 Flamingo St., Trout Harbor Island
-Interests: Singing and music in general.

Hello, my name is Dani. Yeah, it's kinda boyish, but, I'm a total tomboy most of the time, so the name fits! Born and raised in Trout Harbor has caused me to be sheltered from some things other singers get to experience, like voice lessons and big time schools and classes. All I have is what Trout Harbor has to offer, which isn't anything, so, I have basically gotten to where I am now by my self.

My music style of choice is pop, obviously, however I also like to explore other genres such as rock, hip hop, and r&b. I have many idols who I look up to for different reasons, so I find it hard to pin point just one. This is a chance of a life time, and I don't plan on taking it easy, not even in the auditions. I am here to bring it!

In the auditions, I was totally psyched. How many people actually say that when they first go out infront of judges? I might of stumbled for like the first 5 seconds, but, once I got in the groove, I was a force to be wreckened with!

No matter what, I think that every one should go out there and give it their best. Sure, I might not make it to the end, but I'm going to fight my way as far as I can. Just remember, "You're going to be a shinin' star, In fancy clothes and fancy cars. And then you'll see you're gonna go far, 'Cause everyone knows just who you are..."(T.I. feat. Rihanna)

clw8
--Hope it works I was going to create themed wallpaper, but my HomeCrafter doesn't run right with my game and computer.... sucks.--

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th May 2009 at 4:59 AM
I'll add the other stuff tomorrow when I go in game, sorry about that.

I am L...I am...Justice

http://i33.tinypic.com/dmcyut.jpg - There be Dragons..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th May 2009 at 3:27 PM
Wow guys great apps...I can't wait to see if anyone else joins.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:28 AM
Guys get your friends to come join we need more people so we can continue the contest.
Scholar
#15 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:28 AM
How long are you taking applications? I have been sick lately and struggling to get my stuff for the other contests I'm already in finished by their due dates.
You don't have a date listed that I can see, so I was hoping that I could finish up what I have going before starting a new contest.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:50 AM
Round 1 starts June first but I will be taking apps until June 8th.
Scholar
#17 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:48 PM
can't wait for you to post round 1 today.. if you still post it today

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:14 AM
Round 1
You have been excepted into the competition! Your first challenge is to sing at D's Five Star Restaurant, a local restaurant that has a 5 star rating. They want you to sing at their restaurant.

Pictures Needed:
2 pictures of you singing.
1 picture of you getting ready for the competition
1 picture of peoples reaction

I hope we get more people if not we might not be able to continue the contest!!
Scholar
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:58 AM
Whew... more entries for all my contests I'm in! Something tells me being in 6 contests and hosting 1 isn't the best idea, but hey, you all need contestants, and it's not like my 'lazy bones' have anything else to do during this summer... besides work and working out.. .but we know how that goes

Any who, I think I"m going to stay up till the wee hours of the morning and complete all of these 4(?) rounds for all these contests I'm in... [plus I think that when people see others rounds, then it makes them wanna join in the fun...hopefully! Cause I really like the idea of this contest.]

Ok, enough rambling....
...Off to sim

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:29 PM
We will not be able to continue if we don't get 6 more people by next monday.
Scholar
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:45 PM
I haven't started an ap yet since I haven't finished my last house entry for the SRE contest, but I plan on getting an entry in here before your deadline.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:21 PM
Ok thanks!
Scholar
#23 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:33 AM
Default Phil McCrakken - Application
I'll fill in the details after I get pics taken and uploaded for Round 1, too. Just wanted you to know that I did get my entries going.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:40 PM
Wow thats good!!
Scholar
#25 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:18 AM
If I make a second application for a different Sim, does it count as yet another contestant so you can get your quota up?

Page 1 of 2