Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 10:50 PM
Default My Girl -WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! -ROUND 4 SCORES UP.

Begins 2.23.09
Ends 3.25.09
-Extended 2 days for judging purposes ONLY.

Hello, and Welcome to my first contest, (as a host), "My Girl". This contest is for Mothers and their daughters. Through the process of the rounds, we will all learn more and more about what your sim women do day to day, and about all the complications and joy along the way! Lets watch your sims spend heart to hearts, and fights here and there too!

So, lets get down to the requirements, shall we?!

-A Mother of any species, race, etc... (doesn't make a difference if she is married or not) Along with her Daughter (Just ONE daughter, as, this is all about a Mother / Daughter relationship.) Again, the daughter can be of the same, or different species or race, and, she doesn't have to even be the mothers biological daughter (she can be adopted).

-The Mother MUST be age "Adult"
-The Daughter MUST either be Child/Pre-teen or Teen.

-Each round will include a small segment of writing/explaining of the pictures. Don't worry though, I hate having minimum sentences, or forcing you to count your sentences (as some people like to talk . . . alot!), so, there will be NO minimum OR maximum amount of sentences required. All I ask is that you thoroughly explain your pictures, and keep the story rolling, whether it take you one sentence (unlikely though) or one-hundred sentences!

-Each round will have a certain amount of picture requirments. This might vary round to round, so, check for the requirements in the specific post.

-NO eliminations! The winner will just be whom every accumulates the most points, of course.

Well, I think that I covered everything dealing with the requirements now. Please ask me if you have a question about something I didn't mention.

JUDGING:
-During each round you will be judged on the following criteria:
--Picture Relevance / Quality (Don't mistake this for graphics quaility. Although High End Graphic Cards look better, a person who has to run with low graphics can still take pictures that look nice)
--Flow of Story
--How Interesting the Story line is
--Adherence to rules

*** Dates of rounds could vary, this is just an approximation so I can see how the time can be divided ***

Contestants:
1. aba23 | Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4
2. singing_Noel | Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4
3. <3Jenny<3 | Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4
4. Cheese |Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4
5. Deatherella | Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4
6. alliemarie2323 | Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4
10. KyriaT | Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4

NO LONGER IN CONTEST
7. theMightyNes | Application | NO ROUND 1
8. hale | Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | COMPUTER MALFUNCTION :\
9. ashiliee_x3 |Application | Round 1 | BANNED FROM SITE

Judges:
1. ILoveJonsi
2. mbunnell
3. Tree4me

Emergency Judges:
1. clw8
2.simcharley1990

PRIZES:
If someone would like to donate something for the winner, please PM me. As for myself, I will try at making this really cute mother/daughter pj set I had in mind. Although, I'm a total mess at body shop, so, if someone would like to volunteer in taking my idea and making it, that'd be cool Again, PM me if interested.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 6:49 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 2.23.09
Ends 3.25.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 8:40 PM
Ok, I've check in now, guys 'N gals! You can now start submitting applications.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 11:40 PM
If it's ok, I would love to be a judge.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 12:20 AM
yes you may be a judge!

#6 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:27 AM
I never did a contest so I might try this one. Sounds fun.

Does the girl has to be a new one or is it Ok if I already posted pictures of her and her mom on this side?
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:34 AM
Still have that offer open to be a judge for you.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aba23
I never did a contest so I might try this one. Sounds fun.

Does the girl has to be a new one or is it Ok if I already posted pictures of her and her mom on this side?

It's ok by me if your mom and daughter has already made an appearence on this site As long as they follow the age restrictions, its totally cool.

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
Still have that offer open to be a judge for you.

And I said that if you posted here, I would make ya one
I'm adding your name to the list now ....
Thanks for volunteering

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clw8
yes you may be a judge!

cool, thanks!
#11 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 8:26 PM
Alright here my application, its my first time so if I do something wrong just let me know.

Name; Sophie Shine
-Hi I am Sophie. When I was a little girl I always dreamed of a fairytale life. You know, a big house, a cute garden, a handsome husband and adorable children. When I was 16 I met Akil, he was all that I dreamed of, tall, nice smile dark hair, sparkling eyes. He was endearing and attentive. When I was 20 I got pregnant and our little daughter Candice was born. However sometime ago Akil and I started to have problems. It all turned out very nasty and I decided to end it all before it was too late. We never had married so there was nothing more to say. Now me and Candice we moved to Pleasentview in a very small house with just one bedroom. As you can imagine I never learned anything so I have to start form the scratch and I will do better, Candice should never end like me. Thats what I care for.

-PICTURE

-Name of daughter: Candice Shine
-Hi I'am Candice, am 12 years old and just moved with my Mom to Pleasentview. I hated moving since I had to leave all my friends behind, but even more did I hate to hear Mom and Dad arguing, am glad this is over. I wish that my Mom can laugh again like before, when I was little, we could have fun together again. We now live in a small house and I share the bedroom with my Mom, but thats OK. In my first week in our new house I already met some nice people, I think I will feel home soon.

-
~
-Picture of both together
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 8:26 PM
i'll be a EJ.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 8:41 PM
Ok, thanks Simcharley 1990, I'll add you to the list.

Nice app. aba23, thanks for joining.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 9:50 PM
I'll be a judge =]

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
Forum Resident
#15 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 10:00 PM
Default The Baurs...app

Charley Baur
30 Years Old

I'm the happy mom of a son in college, and a baby girl, Fern. I only call her my baby girl, 'cause she'll always be my baby. Heheh. We live in a quaint two story house in the city, and I make a living as a professional ballroom dancer. The things that me an Fern enjoy doing together involve working in our little garden, and laughing together.

Fern Baur
8 Years Old

I'm in the third grade right now, and I'm proud of it! I'm kinda like the class clown, but I like to study hard too. My mom never got the chance to finish high school, so she really puts a lot of pressure on me, and my older brother to get a good education. My older brother, has recently graduated high school, so I know I can do it too. He's going to Sim State University, and is studying to get his bachelors in business, but he still comes home to see me a lot which is good, 'cause he's not just my brother, he's my best friend. When my brother isn't around, I like to hang out with my mom. We garden together, and cook together, and especially laugh together, and I couldn't ask for more.

Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 10:42 PM
Ok, mbunnell: you'll be my final judge! (thanks for volunteering)
And singing_Noel: very nice application Thanks for joining.

Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 10:52 PM
Totally welcome =] Just let me know when ya needs me and I'll jump right in!

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 9:49 PM
Default Application ~ The Collins

Name: Lucy Collins

I always had an idea in my head of what my perfect life would be. That dream didn't include my sister being killed by a drunk driver. 9 years ago, when I was only 22 years old and fresh out of college, that's exactly what happened. Not only was I devastated by the death of my best friend in the world, I also was forced to take in my niece, Mia, who was only 6 years old at the time. Even though my life hasn't taken the route I always imagined, I love Mia to death and, thankfully, my painting has always made the difficult times seem somehow less difficult.

Name: Mia Collins

I'd always thought Aunt Lucy was the coolest person in the world, and when I moved in with her I was so excited. She let me eat ice cream for dinner (too bad that has changed...) and watch all the television shows my mom didn't like me to watch. What I didn't understand, however, was why I had moved in with Lucy to begin with. It has taken me a really long time to get over my mother's death, but I think I've finally found, well, peace. Even though I don't address Lucy as "Mom", I know she's done the best she can and I love her no matter what.

Anyway, on a happier last note, this is a picture of me playing my guitar. I love that guitar. I play it way too much, and sometimes it gets the neighbors annoyed, but Lucy always listens (at least when I want her too!).
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 1:05 AM
thanks for joining <3Jenny<3

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 2:53 AM

Payton Holden

I’ve always dreamed of becoming a mother and when I found out 17 years ago that I was expecting my first child, I was over the moon. When Ethan, my husband, and I found out the sex of our baby was a girl, I became even more anxious. My mother was amazing and I wasn’t sure how I would be able to cope with kids as well as she could, but the minute Addison came into this world I knew in my heart that I could do this. Now that she is a teenager, I still find myself with the same feeling as I did when I was pregnant, but I have faith I’ll get through these hectic years with my dignity.

Addison Holden

My mom and I are complete opposites, to put it nicely. I’m really into nature and the outdoors, while my mother would rather be out shopping at the nearest H&M. I still love her though, she’s always there to listen to me when I’m upset or I’ve had a bad day at school. Ever since I can remember, she was always there for me, no matter what. She has always been on my side, even when I was wrong. I want to major is natural science; it’s something I’ve always wanted to do since I was young. While other girls wanted to play with dolls, I wanted to be outside hiking or catching butterflies. I guess you could say that I’m not your average girl.

Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 8:47 PM
nice app. Cheese, thanks for joining

#22 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 1:49 AM
Come on people - 6 more to go - join, join, join!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 2:14 AM
Yes, I know! I would really hate for my very first contest to be a failure However, round 1 will still be posted sometime tomorrow morning, reguardless if all 6 were to miraculously join overnight!

Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 4:49 PM
Default EXTENDED Round 1 - 2/27/09 - 3/7/09

Round 1
“Getting To Know Us”
2/27/09 – 3/7/09

We have all met your sim Mom & Daughter, but, we really don't know who they are. Yeah, we know where they live, if they are adopted or not, and such, but, who are they, really? Is your mother sim actually an undercover spy? Does your daughter sim have a thing for one of the townies? Just who are they?

In this round, I wont you to let the cat out of the bag! Expose your sims embarrassing or honoring facts about them. Under all the maxis traits and skills, all sims have their human like side; lets explore your sims.

For this round, please provide a MINIMUM of 4 pictures. That's 2 for the mother, and 2 for the daughter. You may have a maximum of 8 pictures (4 for mother, 4 for daughter).

For the writing requirements, as stated in the first post, is at minimum 1 sentence per photo, HOWEVER, if you choose to write that short of a description, it must describe the picture thoroughly. However, I don't actually think that you will be able to write such a small amount, but, you never know! There is no maximum writing requirements, so, the more the better.

Photoshoping and sim pose is allowed, but not necessary.

Have fun, and, anyone who would like to join, still can. You have until the end of this round to submit your applications & round 1.

Scholar
#25 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 7:12 PM
clw8, do you want me resign as a judge to become a contestant instead? That would be one more person.

On another note, there's no Ozzfest this year eithr, but Rock Fest here in my state will be having SlipKnot and Korn. Whew, ain't we the lucky ones this summer?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Page 1 of 9