Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2024 at 11:51 AM Last edited by Kwohld89 : 18th May 2024 at 11:56 AM. Reason: add photo

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Accidentally changed all mods to open with Acrobat
I've never edited XML files before, I was going to edit a sequence in the highlighted mod using Adobe Acrobat (what I thought was an XML reader). I guess I clicked the wrong button because now all of my mods have the Acrobat symbol next to them. Hoping I don't have to re-download 100ish mods.
I appreciate any replies.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th May 2024 at 12:13 PM
Right click on a file, open with> choose another app and select program of your choice, and tick the 'always use this app' button.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2024 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Right click on a file, open with> choose another app and select program of your choice, and tick the 'always use this app' button.

Thank you! Does it matter that I can't find the original app? The closest thing I have is Wordpad or Notepad. All my mods will permanently be Wordpad files now, I don't know if that makes a difference when using the mods in game?
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th May 2024 at 1:04 PM
Well, what format are they? I can't see your file extensions. Which default program is used to open a file only affects what happens when you double click on it, it doesn't affect how the file works with Sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2024 at 1:14 PM
These are my .package files and overrides in my mods folder, all my cache files have the same icon (now changed to Wordpad) as well. I just didn't want to have to download all these mods again lol. So I can edit the mods via Wordpad and just leave the mods as is because it shouldn't affect anything?
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th May 2024 at 2:44 PM Last edited by simsample : 18th May 2024 at 3:54 PM.
No, you don't need to redownload anything, they will work fine with the game. If they are package files though you'll need a package editor such as S3PE, as you need to extract the contents if you are going to edit xmls that are in a package.
Inventor
#7 Old 18th May 2024 at 3:39 PM
Packages, do as @simssample said, only use s3pe. I use plain notepad for xml's.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th May 2024 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks

I was meaning if the xmls are in a package file! Clarified it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th May 2024 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks

I'll have to remember that. I tend to overthink these things.
Thank you for the replies everyone! Seems like it's working fine.