Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 3:23 PM
Default rename file question
I'm sure this has been asked, but I found no help with a search, so here I go.
I wanted to upload a set of walls/floors here, but they are sims2.pack files. I know you only take package files...

With the rejection I got, it said to follow link to see what the guidlines were.
The link took me to another page, and on post #6 was supposed to explain how to rename. Well, it didn't... This is what it said:

You can then rename the files in the same order as the order you created them in, and it should all match up. You can also open the files in SimPE and look at the Text List inside it to see which is which as long as their names or descriptions you gave them are different, but that's for more advanced users (i.e. anyone who knows what I'm talking about with that one sentence of instructions).

LOL, not simplified enough for me! I'm unsure if it's OK to simply right click the package file, and add whatever name I want, or if I need to do it through SimPe, (which I have no clue how to do, and that post didn't say how). I do know what file is which though.

Can someone tell me what I should do, and how? Thanks a million!!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 3:56 PM
Yes, it's fine to just right-click on a .package file to rename it to whatever you like. If you already know what file is what, you don't need to worry about the SimPE bit... That part with SimPE is just saying that you can look inside the file and see what you called it when you made the wall in Homecrafter, if you don't know which is which.

If it's a sims2pack file though, you can't just rename it to .package and have it work - you'll need to double-click the .sims2pack file, install it, and then rename the .package it installed.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.