Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 9:03 PM
Default Fall skill building?
Does anyone know exactly how much faster sims build skills in fall? I was thinking a great way to configure the seasons in my university would be fall/spring/fall/spring, to make skill building and making friends easier, but if the bonus fall gives is good enough I think I want to make it fall for all 4 seasons.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 9:37 PM
In fall, sims build skills 25% faster than normal.
#3 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 3:54 AM
Is that why, in the fall, there are leaves swirling around the skill bar?
#4 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 4:37 AM
Yes, any time you see leaves spinning around a skill bar (and occasionally other things) it's being sped up.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 5:50 AM
Oh really? I thought it meant the season... *Shrugs* but that does explain a lot

Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 1:05 PM
Aah, that explains why my toddler got 8 points for charisma in the last day of the fall. I was wondering why i couldn't repeat that with the other skills.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 2:28 PM
It's Very Fast in the Fall, seems to me 50% faster when comparing the times. (?)
That's with the Career Bookshelf reward, :P
Not sure about the norm shelf.
Instructor
#8 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 3:21 PM
If you were planning to do that in uni, just to let you know, the sub hoods have the same seasons as the main hood.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 5:22 PM
With the leaves around the skill bar, it does that with every season to show whats going faster. like it ahs leaves around the skill bar in the fall and flowers around the romantic plus signs in spring and so on
#10 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
If you were planning to do that in uni, just to let you know, the sub hoods have the same seasons as the main hood.

No they don't, that turned out to be false information given in the chat
Inventor
#11 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
With the leaves around the skill bar, it does that with every season to show whats going faster. like it ahs leaves around the skill bar in the fall and flowers around the romantic plus signs in spring and so on

Yup.

Sring = Boost to romance
Summer = Boost to Friendships
Fall = Boost to Skillbuilding
Winter = Boost to Familiy

Having a party in Summertime is dead easy, because people get along better since they are becoming friends quicker, and Winter is perfect for picking up the phone and inviting that sister over, you haven't seen in a while...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#12 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
No they don't, that turned out to be false information given in the chat

Really? Great! Thanks for correcting me there

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...