Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 12:45 AM
Default What is your favorite/least favorite Supernatural?
Since my other topic was a success, I guess I'll post this.

What is your (least) favorite supernatural creature? What thoughts/experiences with the others?

Aliens are one of my favorites. Some people don't count them as supernatural sims, but the are acheived by specific situations, so I do count them as one. Anyway, it's like my teen liking. I dunno why I like them, but I do. They get the award for most versatile supernatural with ghost. (Different PT packs, anybody?)

Ghost is in a close situation with aliens. Some people don't count them as one, but specific situations make me deem them supernatural. I kinda like them, only because they can scare sims, have different behaviors, and they can kill other sims. They get the award for most versatile supernatural with aliens, because they have so many different behaviors. Close to 18 different ways to die.

Zombies. I like zombies. Mostly because I have the most experience with them. Plus all the mods for them to kill/be contagious makes them seem more closer to their Hollywood bretheren. Sadly, no award for them. All they are are sims that are blue, have altered personality, limp, and seem to have a faster hygiene decrease. And they constantly think about brains.

Vampires are one of my most unfavorite. Their sensitivity is the main reason. I realize they are more realistic this way. But it still means I don't like them. I also lost vampire respect because of Twilight. Sparkling vampires, how dumbasstastic. Award for most sensitive supernatural.

Servos are a supernatural that I have played once. I don't really have much to say about them, so meh. Their power seems to drain too fast for my liking. Gets the award for most potential to be awesome.

Werewolves. I've NEVAR played as a werewolf. 'Nuff said.

Plantsim, or as I call it, Plantism, is my favorite. They get a shiny free Gold Gardening badge, most of their motives decide to disappear, they get a happiness-boosting interaction, and they can asexually make more. The only negatives for me is that they age fast, their sunlight always decreases too fast for me, the ideal plantsim is oogly, and if you decide to make a long line of them, they start turning into clones of the ideal plantsim. Gets the award for being generally awesome.

Nevar played as Bigfoot. 'Nuff said.

I dunno whether to hate or love the genie. He's not playable, but he grants badass wishes. So I am neutral on the genie.

Witches are badass, but I don't like reagents. 'Nuff said.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 1:01 PM
Default Favourite Creature/Monster?
Hello everybody What is your favourite creature/monster in the sims 2? Mine is probably witch/warlock.
Will be waiting for replies
Lightingft.

Back to MTS community.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 1:11 PM
I've never played a witch/warlock, but my favourites are vampires and if aliens count, then aliens
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 1:15 PM
Yes, aliens count. Even Bigfoots do. Only Genies doesn't, because you can't become one. Oh, also to become a witch/warlock, you need apartment life, then you need to find one, build up your realationship like to 90, and ask to teach the path of darkness/light. And then you become one.

Back to MTS community.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 1:38 PM Last edited by lightingft : 31st Oct 2009 at 2:07 PM.
Gonga909, oh, ok. Nice.
Anyway, if you want to become a werewolf, or get a bigfoot, you can get the mod "Sim Transformer" by Treeag. Then, you can spawn bigfoot, or turn your sim into a werewolf.
And, my least favourite would maybe be... Hmm... Perhaps Bigfoot, i don't really like the bigfoot.
Anyway, never tried the ghost. don't even know how to become one, not even sure if you need a mod or not.

Back to MTS community.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 9:15 PM
I love servos and plantsims :3

I despise the rest though- especially zombies.

potterhead
call me bria
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 12:28 AM
I'm gonna revive this. Here's my list:
1: Witches/Wizards
2: Werewolves
3: Vampires
4: Servos
5: Plantsims
6: Aliens
I've never played as Bigfoot, Genie, or Zombie. But I have played as a Wizard-Werewolf with an Alien son, that would be my fave family

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Retired
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:32 AM
I only starting playing recently, so haven't had time to try out bigfoot or werewolves, in fact I haven't seen a TS2 ghost yet, but I love servos.

My main heir accidentally became a plantsim the other day, and she's so useful now with her permaplatinum and her ability to pass along business perks. Her mother was a witch, and I enjoyed the spectral cat, until I realised it couldn't breed, then it suddenly seemed a bit lame. No kittens? Just a one off? Kinda sad. Vampires are fiddly, and keep burning as they go off to work. I've decided that they're great if you want classic vampires, but frankly I want a sim that's less high maintenance.

Ultimately, this is how it's playing out for me so far:

1: Servos
2: Plantsims
3: Witches
4: Aliens
5: Vampires
6: Zombies

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Site Helper
#9 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 1:34 PM
Buy your vampire a car and put the coffin in the garage. Don't let them use the carpool. Teaching them enough logic to meditate also helps in case they get caught away from the coffin in daylight.

I love vampires and servos, I've never managed a plantsim, and I just got Pets so I've never managed a werewolf either. I don't have AL or BV, so I can't speak about witches or bigfoot. The genie is nice, but I still kind of liked the Sims 1 genie better. I do wish they had done more with servos, though. If they are going to have wants, they should include wants that make sense for a servo. And NOT include wants for things like toilets and showers!

Ghosts are interesting, but that is one thing about Sims 3 I like better. There is more a ghost in sims 3 can do besides float around and occasionally scare the active sim.

Zombies were an interesting idea, but they are useless!

I'm not fond of babies, so I'm not fond of getting my guys abducted. Aliens don't get any special benefits, they just look different and have different skin (except that mine don't get the skin because all my sims use custom skintones that tend to override the alien skintone...) I like aliens, but my sims are -all- aliens in one way or another.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:59 PM
My favourite supernatural is plantsim and vampire. I do have some witches also, but that doesn't fit well to my gameplay. I have never played with werewolf's, so can't say much about those but I did have servos once and they were ok. It just bugged me, that they still had needs of fun and social. Ghost are OK, but it's annoing to keep them in residential lot as you have to be carefull with saving the game (I lost the co-founders grave on my legacy because I saved the game when the ghost was "awake"). I also have many aliens in my game, but only because they look so much better with default replacement skins and eyes. And of course, replacement PT's!!

I think my least favourite is zombies. I had one once at UNI, and she made that sound... you know...what zombies do on TS2. It made me want to through up. I can't stand that kind of sounds! But I kinda like the zombie skintone and have one normal sim with that skin.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Scholar
#11 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:54 AM
I absolutely am in love with witches/warlocks because they are my gameplay. I make all sorts of magical lots (so far, seven Hogwarts castles in my game, but 4 are for movies) and my sims live in them, I have a Diagon Alley (actually 2) and a Godric's Hollow complete with ruined Potter house. I have actually made everyone in one of my neighborhoods witches from one single Grand High evil witch who moved in. Oh, and that Sim Transformer. But otherwise, everyone is made wizards from that one witch that got moved in.
Werewolves are cool, but they have a glitch with custom skin. I made my first werewolf with custom skin and I was surprised at how non-hairy he was. Then my second had custom skin. My third and fourth, both base-game skins and I freaked out when they transformed because I was used to only the hair changing. Lol. I don't feel like fixing that glitch, actually.
I don't like Vampires. Is there a vampire-protection outfit anywhere here? I'm too tired to search. But other than the whole smoking while in a brick building with no windows or doors during the day... they're cool. If you use the coffin, though, their motives will NEVER go down so that makes them boring.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 9:31 PM
I don't like any of them, and I don't play any of them.

My Sims are normal, run-of-the-mill, everyday Sims, and I like them that way.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 3:31 PM
I don't like Zombie and werewolf
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 8:01 PM
Vampires.

The rest I have not experimented with yet...
#15 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 9:00 PM
I find PlantSims the most useful, and they are *very* easy to get, once one knows how.
Servos are tedious to make, but they are useful to have, except that they keep wanting to serve entire meals whenever a single Sim is the slightest bit hungry, and are even worse than normal Sims at spamming the youngins with baby bottles. They don`t seem to run down any faster than normal Sims tire, but they recharge FAST if you send them to *BED*.
Sasquatch ["Bigfoot"] are walking cheats, after a fashion, but they`re still interesting.
I seldom let my Sims die in the first place, so Ghosts and Zombies are rare in my game [no Zombies at all, and currently only one dead player-character Sim], but Ghosts are totally unplayable in Sims 2 with or without any cheats I know, although I have a hack that lets me make Sims ghost-LIKE.
I never have any problems with my Vampyres dying on the way to work. I just make sure that their motives are as maximized as possible, cancel the automatic go-to-work, have them RUN to the carpool, THEN get in. Alternatively, an enclosed garage with an owned car should work. [Most!] Vampyre motives never decline at night or while sleeping in a coffin, so they are low-maintainence that way, except that when they get caught in the sun, they drop FAST. The challange here is to keep them out of the sun as much as possible. Difficult, at times, but far from impossible.
Witches/Warlocks are interesting, but nothing spectacular.
Aliens are nothing special. Just green Sims with black eyes.
I have not yet been able to get a Werewolf [or a Zombie] yet.

What is really interesting are combo-creatures. I have at least TWO Vampyre PlantSims, who cannot tolerate the sunshine they so desperately need. As mine tend to live in glass houses[] they tend to spend a LOT of daytime soaking in the tub.
I also have a Vampyre Witch Servo BusinessSim. Dazzles all night with no motive-drop, operates normally all day in the windowless home-business she runs, and recharges FAST in the coffin when needed.
I`m trying to see what other combinations I can create.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Field Researcher
#16 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 5:19 PM
This is under a month old, so hopefully it doesn't count as necromancy...

I like witches, then werewolves, then vampires. I don't play Servos, Bigfoots (Bigfeet?), PlantSims, or zombies. I used to enjoy playing with aliens more than I currently do.

I do find that I have to play with mods in order to play the supernaturals. I don't want my witches to be named "Bellatrix Lestrange the Atrociously Evil Witch" or to have green skin; I don't want my werewolves getting all grumpy and messy; I don't want my vampires to be immortal (I don't like having immortal sims in general; I want my sims to live full lives and die.) I think I would play vampires more if I could just bring myself to create a portrait picture hack that eliminates the weird portrait poses. I always move my sim ghosts to a community graveyard; I don't want them hanging around.

I've never tried to make a combo-creature (aah, another thing I should add to the "things I've never done" thread.) The PlantSim-Vampire hybrid sounds interesting, though.
#17 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 8:32 PM
THANK YOU for resurecting this thread!

I now have even more Vampire PlantSims in my game, one of wich is also a Witch. I don`t usually PLAN on getting Vampire PlantSims; it usually just sotra *happens* on its own. I do *try* for PlantSims on occasion, but I very rarely indeed deliberately set out to make Vampyres; instead, they tend to get bitten on community lots when I`m there with *other* playable Sims. One thing I still haven`t done is Sprout PlantBaby [or whatever that menu item is]; *all* of my PlantSims have been converted by pesticide use.

As far as I can tell, Witchiness is compatable with all other forms of supernaturalism, though I haven`t tried to get either of my two Sasquatch Enchanted. Neither have I tried yet to turn one into a PlantSim, so I have no idea what would happen there, though I do believe that they have a few garden plots on their hillside. Whilst I *have* been trying to turn a Servo into a PlantSim, I have not succeeded to date, but neither have I any indication that it is impossible, either. I have yet to get my first Zombie and my first Werewolf, however, so my quest to investigate other hybrid supernaturals hasn`t gotten anywhere lately. I`m still trying, though.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 4:03 AM
I love the idea of the supernaturals. My favorite is probably vampires, though the Blue Fang bug... well, bugs me. My least favorite is Zombies, mainly because they don't really do anything special. That said, they do seem to be more of a penalty than anything else.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 1:39 AM
haha my friend says plantism too

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 9:27 PM
Aliens are my favorites! They don't have any downsides--they're just pretty (well, with my custom PTs anyway) and they get an awesome animation when they're born. And also, it's just funny to have men getting pregnant.

Zombies are not my thing. They take a frustratingly long time to get from place to place, and the jaw-hanging-open thing gets kind of old. Sometimes I take them on vacation to the Far East so I can teach them to teleport, or make them witches and warlocks so they can use Magivestigium. That makes things a little better. But they still can't reproduce, which makes me sad I generally don't create zombies unless it's needed to get legacy challenge points. (e.g. Black Sheep, Ivy League)

I don't have Pets, so I don't play werewolves.

Plant sims are nice. I never have plantbabies, since they can't go to college, but I like adult plantsims. They're very easy to please, they look cool (I have a nice replacement skintone from PeachT) and they don't need to sleep. I often have them run businesses since it's so easy to keep them happy.

I don't like vampires at all, since it's pretty much impossible for them to hold down steady jobs, and they can only be awake and do things for half of the day, which just seems like a waste.

Witches are pretty sweet. Mine are mostly good witches, but I've got a few evil ones as well. The Throne of Light is an awesome mood-upper; I use it all the time. I just wish it weren't so hard to find the High Witches (or whatever they're called), because I want my legacy founder to become a warlock!

As far as hybrids go, my current record is an alien-zombie-vampire-plantsim. Later on, I also made her a witch, although she wasn't a vampire anymore by then. I plan to have an alien-zombie-vampire-plantsim-witch pretty soon in my legacy challenge, since it'll get me a point and allow me to pick the family aspiration instead of rolling for it. (obscure legacy rules FTW!)

"Demons were like genies or philosophy professors — if you didn't word things exactly right, they delighted in giving you absolutely accurate and completely misleading answers."
--Terry Pratchett
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 8:10 PM
#1 Witches: I just love magic! Call me crazy, but I even believe in it!
#2 Werewolves
#3 Aliens
#4 Bigfoot
#5 Plant Sims
#6 Servos
#7 Ghosts
#8 Zombies
#9 Vampires: I just hate them! They're so overrated!!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 3:59 AM Last edited by MimiSim : 21st Dec 2011 at 4:10 AM.
I would say my all time favorite supernatural would be witches/warlocks. They are so much fun to play especially the mischievous evil ones, but I hate the evil NPC witch and her roach swarms. Here is how I rank the rest of them.

2. Aliens (<3 them though I had to get a replacement PT to avoid those godaweful huge eyes)
3. Vampires are pretty cool. They're even more cool with that hack that lets them make goul minions.
4. Plantsims are alright. I like how they drop spores, but the gold garden badge is no big deal to me. It doesn't take that long for me to get one with the huge garden I have.
5. Zombies.. pretty cool, very funny.
6. Servos.. not as cool as the terminator, but they're good if you need some help around the house and don't mind them going amuck every once in a while.
7. Bigfoot. He's a cool guy to have around. He has lots of badges and scares off stray pets and is a total party animal.
8. Ghosts... I agree that sims 3 ghosts are cooler. All the sims 2 ghosts ever do is haunt and scare... over and over and over again. What makes them awesome is the fact that their scare can be deadly.
9. Werewolves...I just don't care for them. I've only had one werewolf in my game and it was totally by accident. Maybe if I played them more, I might get to like them better.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Instructor
#23 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 12:55 PM
My favorite is definitely aliens. They are basically like any other sim, but still special. I like witches pretty much too. They are also like any regular sim, but are able to do supernatural things if and when you feel like.

I´m not much into the other supernatural species, much because they don´t age like normal sims and I find it kind of pointless to play with sims who never age. Ok, plantsims do age, but I don´t like the fact that they go from toddlers straight into adulthood. My least favorite would, however, have to be zombies - you can´t even cure them when you have enough! And I can´t see myself playing a mean, stinky, slow and sloppy zombie sim forever.

I havn´t played Bigfoot or Servos yet, so I don´t know about them.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lightingft
Gonga909, oh, ok. Nice.
Anyway, if you want to become a werewolf, or get a bigfoot, you can get the mod "Sim Transformer" by Treeag. Then, you can spawn bigfoot, or turn your sim into a werewolf.
And, my least favourite would maybe be... Hmm... Perhaps Bigfoot, i don't really like the bigfoot.
Anyway, never tried the ghost. don't even know how to become one, not even sure if you need a mod or not.

if you have pets, you can become a werewolf by getting a high relationship score with the dog with glowing eyes, the head of the pack or whatever, and it will eventually bite you
Mad Poster
#25 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 9:48 PM
Aliens have been my favorite from the beginning, and still are.

I'm not fond of zombies, though to be fair, I haven't ever really played any either - just created a few to be local color for Apocalypse Challenges. My biggest problem both zombies and vampires by far is their immortality. I recently discovered Cyjon's vampire/zombie aging hacks, and with those in, I'm willing to give zombies a shot soon. I anticipate being annoyed by their slowness and tendency toward stinkiness, but maybe they'll have some charms that offset those. We'll see.

Vampires I like quite a lot, aside from the immortality issue. The aging mod will help with that, and I intend to have more of them now that I've got it. Keeping vampires alive is just challenging enough to be fun without being burdensome.

I'm fairly new to werewolves. I only have one in my game at the moment, but I absolutely love him. :lovestruc His alien daughter will be following in his footsteps soon.

Servos are annoying. The thing that bugs me most about them is that they have "human" desires. I'm going to give them another shot too, though, with hacks to moderate some of their more stupid, self-destructive behaviors. I hope to keep them more robot-like by keeping them from having gender preferences. I wonder what the best aspiration would be for a "robot"?

Plantsims are pretty cool, though the lack of a YA lifestage really annoys me. I figure they just need to be keep-to-ourselves type sims that simply do not age like everyone else. I think they'll be fun as the neighborhood farmers. I wish they had more of their own plantsim-related wants, and fewer regular sim wants. Wants related to education, careers and buying things don't make sense for plantsims.

I'm rather neutral on Bigfoot.

The Genie was an incredibly lame attempt at a "creature" for FT.

Witches are... meh. I don't view them as "creatures" at all. They're simply sims with skillz. Seems like witches are best used in stories, and I don't see much point in having them just to have them.
Page 1 of 2