Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 3:37 PM
Default Resource Tree in SimPE not loading ?
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with understanding where I'm going wrong with SimPE. I am new to it, as well as posting in forums, so please bare with me. I'll try to do my best to be as clear as possible and I hope I've posted this in the right place.

I would simply like to recolour an object. To be specific, an Arcade Game (Pimp Viking 3D Arcade Game). I want to go with something I grew up with, like House of The Dead, or Time Crisis.

I've followed tutorials and so far, this is where I get stuck ;

- Object Workshop and click "Start"
- Once everything is loaded, find object and click "Next"
- Recolour is automatically selected and "Create Colour Extension Package" is checked
- Click "Start"
- Select folder and name the file

Problem :
- I get a message that the "object has been created" but nothing about it being loaded.
- I then go into "Plugin View" and everything is... empty. Nothing. "AllRes (0)" is empty. No textures, no files. Nothing.

I have looked on different forums and apparently some objects aren't recolourable, so I tried loads of random, simple objects including base game posters and framed wall decorations. Nothing. Same result.

Am I missing a plugin? Is there something I haven't checked or activated?

I have the latest version of SimPE available. Everything is up to date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 5:39 PM
1: Is the CEP properly installed?
---> Check for the two "_EnableColorOptions..." files, one in the Downloads folder, another in the install files. See more detailed instructions of where they're supposed to be on the CEP page.
---> If the red toddler potty has a swatch thumbnail ingame (as opposed to just the description), the CEP should in theory be installed properly.

2: Which (number) version of SimPE do you have? There are a few different versions that will work with AL/M&G and UC. Also, which version of the game do you have (discs, Origin/EA app UC, other)? Some of the SimPE/game versions don't always play along nicely.

3: in "Preferences --> File Table" have you included CEP (And all the games you want/need to include)? Also, have you set up the "System Folders" in Preferences properly? If not, SimPE isn't able to pull the files.

(This item should be recolorable, I just checked).