Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:53 AM
Default Unwanted babies are ruining my game.
I've found a temporary solution for sims moving away. I save everytime I switch between families and I see that all of my other families are still in the neighborhood. But another problem has arisen.

Unwanted babies.

My single sims keep adopting them. I don't want my single sims to adopt kids, I want them to get married and HAVE them. And when I try to get the social worker to come, it ruins my sims' lives with bad moodlets.

Is there any solution to this? I love this game but the babies are just out of control.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:02 AM
hmmm... doesn't sound like there's much you can do about that. Heh... I think it'd be kinda cool if that happened to me, but I could be wrong... might get old after a while :P
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:19 AM
It is a shame indeed, when you're trying to hook two single Sims up, and one of them suddenly has a baby one day. It makes no damn SENSE.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:15 AM
Looks like someone needs to make a global hack so your sims can't adopt by them self's. You have to tell them to make the call.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpiderFang
Looks like someone needs to make a global hack so your sims can't adopt by them self's. You have to tell them to make the call.

This is an excellent idea. Who do you think could make this? Does anyone at MATY make hacks?
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:20 AM
hmm have you tried to disable the story option in the game... i guess it will stop Sims from acting on there own when your not palying them
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:33 AM
I heard that the Story Progression option is borked so turning it off doesn't work. So doing that is useless
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:35 AM
This guy makes hacks maybe the one you need is in his hack pack.

http://mts3.proboards.com/index.cgi...isplay&thread=5

Oh and if its your first hack you will need to use this thread.

http://mts3.proboards.com/index.cgi...isplay&thread=8
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:04 AM
They didn't have what I needed there :/ Darn.
Thanks for letting me know about the site though, I might need it later!
Alchemist
#10 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:06 AM
They are fixing story progression bugs at MATY. It'll be out at some point.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:08 AM
That is good to hear. I'm going to research this more at MATY. Maybe I can request a hack.
Alchemist
#12 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
That is good to hear. I'm going to research this more at MATY. Maybe I can request a hack.

Don't. You'll likely get eaten alive.

It's too early to request hacks. Give the modders some time to iron out the obvious ones.
Instructor
#13 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:25 AM
Are you sure they are adopting them? In my game they just keep hooking up with strangers and having babies
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:39 AM
Thanks for the warning
As far as I can tell they are adopting. It really stinks, I can't play my storyline with all of these babies, most of the time I'm trying to give them up to the social worker....
Theorist
#15 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:40 AM
I've been too afraid to switch households for fear of something strange happening with the one I'm controlling to check on where those babies keep coming from, but many people are saying a lot of the babies are clones of their one parent.

Quote:
It is a shame indeed, when you're trying to hook two single Sims up

Yes! And is anyone besides me having trouble trying to just FIND an available Sim? I declare, those TS3 neighborhoods hate me.
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I've been too afraid to switch households for fear of something strange happening with the one I'm controlling to check on where those babies keep coming from, but many people are saying a lot of the babies are clones of their one parent.

Now that you say it, I think they are clones of the parent. For an example, the family tree showed the mother only and the baby looked like her in one of my 'infected' families.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:48 AM
I really does mess things up, in my game immediately after Cornelia died Gunther 'spawned' a new born (Eva). He was something like 86 days at the time...
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by unlikely
I really does mess things up, in my game immediately after Cornelia died Gunther 'spawned' a new born (Eva). He was something like 86 days at the time...

I am starting to think this may be a glitch. Sims spawning children isn't natural, is it?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:07 AM
Especially when the sims doing the spawning are elders - and not just 'younger' elders but less than 10 days from death! In fact, he was still 'heartbroken' when I entered the lot, and there was the newborn too. ??? If it had been Mortimer to spawn the baby (he was a young adult) I would have preferred even that - that's easier to 'plot' than an 86 y/o with a newborn daughter.
Instructor
#20 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:32 AM
oh dear..I'm getting the game tomorrow and now I am dreading this. I don't think I will be leaving my one family!! It all doesn't sound natural so I sure hope it isn't a glitch, I don't get why they can't just release a game that works without having to wait for patches.

^_^
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:33 AM
Quote:
I save everytime I switch between families and I see that all of my other families are still in the neighborhood. But another problem has arisen.

So then when it gets out of control you have to dump all the progress you've made and go back to your last save?

Sigh... don't worry, the game is not broken - it's a "feature" lmao...
Inventor
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by schitzwa
oh dear..I'm getting the game tomorrow and now I am dreading this. I don't think I will be leaving my one family!! It all doesn't sound natural so I sure hope it isn't a glitch, I don't get why they can't just release a game that works without having to wait for patches.

The sims moving away isn't a glitch. The baby thing might be. I almost hope it is because that means there would be a fix for it. It's just putting up with it UNTIL the fix. Gah.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:04 AM
I do think the baby thing is a glitch or an oversight that will be fixed eventually - especially with regard to elders having newborns. The moving thing I'm not sure will ever be fixed though I hope it will.
Scholar
#24 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:16 AM
Yeah, it seems that EVERYONE spawns a kid whenever they get time to themselves. The NPCS seem to always have kids you don't know about. It would be a neat surprise if it happened now and then, but when it always happens, its not so nifty.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:21 AM
What was that quote again? "If I ever have a kid, it will look just like me?" Bad sims! *lol*

This does need fixed. Sims reproducing by fission is a pain.
Page 1 of 3