Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Magic Gardening Gnome (updated 2011-07-07)

by dolphin26 Posted 16th Mar 2010 at 7:44 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2012 at 6:47 PM by Buzzler : added link to updated version

359 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 284 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 15
Field Researcher
#26 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 9:39 AM
Great idea. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 10:40 AM
I've localized it to Taiwanese and Chinese. Please see the attachment.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Dolphin26_MagicGardeningGnome.rar (223.8 KB, 37 downloads)
Description: Chinese and Taiwanese localization.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 12:51 PM
coooooooooooooooooool!

Good music is like a candy bar; All you have to do is throw out the rappers.
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 12:55 PM
Installed the Magic Gnome and its amazing! Save so much time gardening with this, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 1:36 PM
I am really excited about this! My first sim was a gardener and I kept having to cheat (motives) so she could garden at night and still go to work the next morning. It took all night just to tend the darn thing! No time for anything else. I will use this little guy and kach out some money every week, like a gardener. It would be really great for non-cheaters to have to pay the little dude something, though. I like the gem idea. Awesome work!
Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 2:04 PM
This is such a wonderful inventieon, I hope I can make it work since you can´t find a decent gardener now a days :D
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#32 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 2:30 PM
This is spectacular! I'm so impressed at your creativity...and thanks for sharing :-)
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 3:38 PM
That worked awesome! I always hated waiting for the plants to grow and the time it took to water. I do have a script that I use that allows the plants not to wear out so soon. I NEVER have had to replace the death plant. Both of these worked together just fine!

Correct answers - $3
Thoughtful answers - $2
Wrong answers - $1
Dumb looks - still free
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 4:10 PM
Slaughterkitten... i was having the same problem as you- he was not working for me. I have WA and HELS and am running version 1.7. I went through all my game bins and made sure that i had d3dx9_31.dll in each one and i was missing it in my HELS bin so i put one there. I went into my game and he still was not working so i deleted it from my packages folder and re-dowloaded and put back into my packages folder. i then deleted the gnome i had on my lot and replaced him with a new one- VOILA it worked! Give it a try - I hope it works for you!
RETROTROUT
#35 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 5:54 PM
OMG Thank You So Much for making this, at first I was like really pissed because it would take my Sim forever to grow something and now it just takes seconds, thanks

Retrotrut Is On Zee Track
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 6:59 PM
Unfortunately I'm only allowed to click the thank you button once

This is EXACTLY what I've wanted for a LONG time. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 7:37 PM
didnt work ....it's look so cool
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 7:49 PM
I have all the dll files in the right place and it still wont work.
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 10:21 PM
Hmm, Tiki may be on to something... do you folks having problems have other gnomes on your lot?

I've been using it for several Sim days now, working perfectly for me I have it set to just weeding and watering, and no accelerated growth, so my sim has to harvest and fertilize and plant still, and I don't feel too guilty
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 11:45 PM
I just tested this gnome in my game. I have WA and am patched to 2.3. The gnome works perfectly in my game. I set it to "pulse" and it works great. Great job!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:15 AM
I am patched up to version 3.1.7.004001, with High End, and the gnome works perfectly! BTW, I also have InTeen 3, and it's not causing any conflicts as far as I can tell... just in case anybody asks.

Fantastic addition to my game! My little farmers are LOVING this! They were wasting every single day tending to their crops, and now their new gnome friend is going to give them a hand.
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:16 AM
THANK U!!! I hope it works
Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:31 AM
Hello, I installed the base game,WA and HELS. When I'm inside the game and using your object, go the same codes when that hateful patch change the language of the game

Pd: I'm Spanish and I am using the google translator ... jejej :D
Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 2:41 AM
Thank you, thank you! I am trying to upload a house with a full greenhouse...it's a pain in the butt and this will make it so much easier!
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 2:48 AM
Hey TIKI i tryed it and it worked thanks alot!! <3
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#46 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 5:34 AM
Hey Dolphin! Good to see you around :0) I liked your tools for TS2. It's good to see you making stuff for TS3. :0)
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:03 PM
Love the idea as I have massive amounts of Perfect plants in garden and everyone, grandparents and new parents (4 adults), are kept extremely busy weeding and fertilizing all the plants so my Master Nectar Maker can keep stomping in those vats.

When using this mod, my 4 working toons missed a lot of work. So...I deleted the item. thanks anyway
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 2:10 AM
Works realy well thank you!
Test Subject
#49 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 2:55 AM
Brilliant Mod thx, I have so many crops now!!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 9:30 AM
I can't use the "weed option" can you do something about that, I don't need translations but I just would like to see the words not the *** ......*** things...
Screenshots
Page 2 of 15