Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 10:25 PM.
The Fear Challenge
In this challenge, you are a fugitive from a mental hospital. Desparate for a place to sleep, you saw an advert of a family renting out a room in their house, and quickly moved in.
The family seemed perfect: perfect children, perfect home, no relationship problems at all. However, this perfection stirred something in the depths of your mentally damaged brain, creating an unexplainable hatred and anger, and you have made it your personal goal to destroy the lives of this 'perfect' family.

To begin this challenge:

Create a family of six sims: your 'Creator of Fear', and your family. Give your mentally damaged sim whatever aspiration you want, but give them an unlikeable personality. Then make your family. My suggested family is: two parents, a teenager, a child and a toddler. Make them all likeable.

Move the family into a house. Make it a nice house; your perfect family doesn't want to live in any old shack! Furnish it properly, and make sure you have:
A fully furnished kitchen (with cooker!)
A pool
at least a few electronic items
one room for the mentally damaged sim to stay it (locked so only they can get in)

Now the fun begins! It is your aim to use the mentally damaged sim to fulfil as many of the other sims' fears as possible.

Rules:
You may not control the other sims to to fulfil their fears (eg if one of their fears is to have a fire, you must get your mentally damaged sim to put food in the oven/turn the christmas tree lights on/etc, then call the other sim into the room)
you may use your sim to woohoo with the husband/wife, to allow them to get caught cheating, or to have a baby (if that is one of their fears).
You complete the challenge when you have managed to mantain bottom aspiration level for the whole family for twenty-four hours.
You may kill sims BUT ONLY IN ORDER TO FULFIL OTHER SIMS' FEARS

Scoring:
-50 points for every time a sim's aspiration rises to green
-100 points for every time a sim's aspiration rises to gold
-1000 points if somehow you manage to let a sim's aspiration reach platinum
+50 points for causing fires that the other sims remember
+200 points if you caused a sim to have a baby (and it was their fear)
+300 points for killing a sim and having the family see their ghost (if it was their fear)

If you have any questions, or if this is not clear, please tell me!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 7:17 PM
Woooah, this is a cool challenge.. I might do it. :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 7:37 PM
If the creator of evil sim is part of the family from the start he'll have the same last name right? Any problem with just starting out with the perfect family and then creating the evil sim and merging the families? I'm assuming the additional money he will bring is why they are renting out a room in their house in the first place. And are cheats - money cheats acceptable to create that perfect home in the beginning?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 11:52 AM
Yep, I would see no problem with using money cheats to create the perfect home. And making the evil guy separately would be fine too.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 7:50 PM
This sounds like a good idea! Let's see if I can actually manage to complete this challenge.. haha.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:24 AM
This sounds great!

Ask me about my Luigi Largo Sim.
I'll tell you about the Satanic snowman he made in college. And how he loves cleaning the toilet.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=400724
Here for WIN.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th May 2010 at 11:38 PM
My kind of challenges. I am trying this one for sure!!! Thanks!

---------------------------------
Playing The Sims 3 - Sims 3 Snapshots & Stories
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th May 2010 at 6:18 PM Last edited by dinucits : 17th Jun 2012 at 4:49 PM.
I will do this for sure. I like to destroy my sims' lives. :D
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th May 2010 at 1:57 AM
Not that I'd do this, but if you have the University EP you can just make the psycho separate, then just move him into the house so long as you don't exceed the limit. That way he (or she) would keep their last name.
Inventor
#10 Old 12th May 2010 at 9:25 PM Last edited by supersimoholic : 18th May 2010 at 7:24 PM.
I Just completed this! Ended up with a slightly pathetic 150pts...
My psycho, Quinn, now lives in a nice little apartment just down the road from them.
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th May 2011 at 12:38 AM
Whoah this sounds like a great challenge! I'm always focused on fulfilling my Sims wants, and almost never their fears, so this should be really fun
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th May 2011 at 5:15 AM
Thanks!! this is going to be so cool and im gonna be using this House

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=293504
Screenshots
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th May 2011 at 2:54 AM
This sounds like a fun challange. I'm making my phyco now
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th May 2011 at 11:35 AM
Are you allowed to lock one of their fears (like having a baby day) so that it doesn't change by the time they have one? x