Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#876 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:22 PM
I often place online orders for my friend. She sends me a link to some stuff she likes, and I pay for it using the Revolut one-time virtual card if I've never heard of the place. One thing that kind of got me thinking was her message this morning. She said, "can you get me these? [shein link] my friend ordered from there before and she had no problems."

I know she means best, but it's funny that a few hours later I come across that video about the Shein shipment horrors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#877 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 3:16 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 21st Mar 2024 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
I am so tired, but I got so much housework done.

I hope to get my full paycheck this weekend.

I am tending to my mom's whims whilst she's dealing with vertigo.

Either way...I get my steps in.

Today, 3/21/2024, I finally got around to unboxing at least one of my 7 remaining dolls for my Generation 1 of Rainbow High.

Cutting the doll out of the package, finding space for it on the shelf, all the while swearing PG-13 level obscenities when chaos was unleashed in the process of putting the doll on the shelf.

I put the extra outfit and accessories in a plastic hanging bag like at pharmacies and libraries.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#878 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 1:46 AM
Pandaqueen - I'm glad your dad is ok. Sounds like you're keeping on top of the housework so well done, it's cleaning day for me tomorrow.

topp - I've actually ordered from Shein a few times, and had no problem whatsoever. I pay by Paypal I think. I've had to send some items back because the colour wasn't quite right and didn't match the shade in the photos, but the returns went fine, and I've had some lovely clothes from there, despite the cheap prices.

Well I'm sitting here watching Sweet Home by myself so that says it all! 'Netflix and Stress' I call it, haha! To be fair my friends asked me to go out, but I'm broken hearted and moping. I'll go out next weekend though, and get back to normal, can't put it off forever.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#879 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 2:25 AM
After all the chores I did...I plan to veg out between 12PM~2:30PM tomorrow and get caught up on my stories.

I should at least have a rest and 15 minutes isn't enough to cut it.

Besides, I think I should have to institute prolonged breaks between 8:00AM~6:00PM on Saturdays to have time for my Sims because by the time I get to bed...I fall asleep. I have been trying to help out while my parents are recovering from vertigo (mom) and an episode of depression (dad), however, I could collapse from overworking.

In any case, I got to eat cucumbers again. I enjoy the cool crunch of a fresh cucumber as the temperature rises with the sun in the warm weather of the warm months

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#880 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 10:36 AM
Yesterday was so tiring...but I did have time to watch TV and relax.

Theorist
#881 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 10:53 PM
I'm playing a lot of Hogwarts Legacy at the moment. So much so that when I was going to the store with my boyfriend and started reversing into a parking lot with my car, a gust of black smoke emitted from my car (dad says it's to do with some sort of diesel filters getting clogged up, it's on his to-do list) – and the first thing I said out loud when seeing the black smoke was, "oh no, I sense some dark magic" with some hardcore proper British accent.

It was hilarious, but I really do need to push my dad into checking the car out. It literally looked like a dark wizard was about to apparate next to the car...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#882 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
I'm playing a lot of Hogwarts Legacy at the moment. So much so that when I was going to the store with my boyfriend and started reversing into a parking lot with my car, a gust of black smoke emitted from my car (dad says it's to do with some sort of diesel filters getting clogged up, it's on his to-do list) – and the first thing I said out loud when seeing the black smoke was, "oh no, I sense some dark magic" with some hardcore proper British accent.

It was hilarious, but I really do need to push my dad into checking the car out. It literally looked like a dark wizard was about to apparate next to the car...

Every time I buy a few things, and the price comes to $6.66, I worry of accidentally summoning the devil. Usually, the Devil in this case resembles Alice Cooper. Lucky for me, I carry salt packets on my person in case my parents want salt or just in case the Devil appears...highly unlikely, but I have been through brain meltingly bizarre events.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#883 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 10:12 PM
Not much going on tonight. I have a fasting blood draw tomorrow morning and it's not really fun. But I get to eat diner food to bring my levels back up after the necessary draws. (It gets really busy at my house, sometimes it is backlogged and I would need to rest before going forward due to my anemia.)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#884 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 9:33 PM
I had blood drawn today. 8 vials. I was stumbling out of the lab.

Got my strength back at the diner.

Spent today lounging. I have a big day ahead of me for a hormone test.

Mad Poster
#885 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 3:52 PM
Been trying out different stitches with my crochet now I have mastered the usual scarfs and blankets. I learnt to make leaves and petals. I made a sunflower bookmark (not pictured, but a few practice sunflowers are) for my friend which incorporated both. Then I did a bit of experimenting. Made a sunflower scrunchie, and also I'm making some curtain ties for my bedroom It has been a productive day.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#886 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 10:00 PM
Was at the shops today. Discovered that small children (knee height?) can sound like ambulance sirens (doppler effect) which is a lot of noise in doors. I knew children could be loud (which is whatever they're just kids), but not like that. Since I was not the only one staring in horror, this particular ability was unique to this child only. Hopefully.

Went to more shops after that. Bought exactly nothing because there really wasn't anything worth it. Why is the structural integrity so pathetic? Even the "afforable" luxury is going downhill. WTF am I supposed to buy then? Second hand shops aren't much better either cos more and more are just full of things from shops like Zara and H&M and are being sold as if they're brand new. Like no??? that's not how it works?? Also what's with sports bra designers thinking that people dont have arms? why are the arm holes basically slicing into my armpits? did they even test the product? 3/10 quality control
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#887 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 9:59 AM
Had delivered take out from a place called Bubbakoo's Burritos (they are, more or less, a higher end version of Taco Bell) and I even got my mom some chips and queso.

My family is "worth the prime rib"

The origin of that phrase goes back many years when my parents were starting off parenting me and my older half sister. They were at a restaurant for a couple's date and this man, loudly shouting, was cheaping out on his wife's request for prime rib because it was $1 more. It was a control issue that broke my parents' hearts and they made an agreement that they wouldn't let such a semantic as $1 get in the way...

... hence being "worth the prime rib".

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#888 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 7:41 PM
Got my blood draw test results. Turns out I am deficient on Vitamin D3.

No matter. My mom can easily find it at the Walmart.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#889 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 6:55 AM
Can't seem to sleep. I think I am just worn out from being involved with a tiring day helping my mom.

My mom is significantly less dizzy. If all goes well, she's going to be back at work in summer.

Theorist
#890 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 2:21 PM
Glad to hear she's feeling better!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#891 Old 31st Mar 2024 at 12:07 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 1st Apr 2024 at 1:25 AM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
We're both going to be happy once life returns to normal.

We didn't do much for Easter. I had some chocolate and I better hide the rest from my dad (his chocolate addiction is something of a memory based nightmare of having to share. He was the 5th of 8 kids.)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#892 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 9:34 PM
I didn't fall for any pranks so far, but I still have about 7½ hours to survive through.

I did grocery shopping and I ended up shopping mostly for snacks. Felt kind of "snacky".

I only missed one chore, but otherwise I stayed on top of my work at home.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#893 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 8:41 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 3rd Apr 2024 at 1:59 AM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
Chores all day. I haven't gotten a demerit yet, but I did have time to relax and play with my Sims 3 game. It's a secret project for my robotics project IRL.

Tomorrow, I plan to make a veggie pizza for my family, or at the very least, myself.

As for the evening, I plan to finish doing the laundry that needed to be done over a week ago.

Had a bowl of Top Ramen... Teriyaki chicken flavor. Been quite some time.

No Demerits from doing everything from laundry to dishes to even safety protocols. I got the chores scheduled today all done while taking care of my father's dehydration risk.

(Yes, one can crap themselves to death through dehydration and I was glad that I had one last bottle of Pedialyte, one last can of Canada Dry Ginger Ale and an Imodium. Although my grandmother was a nurse, I don't think I am qualified to even carry specimen samples for testing.)

Caretaking for my parents is just part of a mutual contract between our tight-knit family on dad's side. Even though the previous paragraph was gross, my grandfather and grandmother met when they worked at a hospital as an Orderly and Nurse respectively in the subsection of Medical Science in the STEAM career empire that I would one day be born into.

We're all mad STEAM geniuses, but it helps to collaborate with independent thinkers. Not to mention the family alma mater is Rutgers University of New Brunswick. Nearly everyone who had the money went. I am aiming for the goal of skilled patisserie chef, currently planning to apprentice under my eldest uncle, providing I can get him to respond.

I haven't seen him since my grandfather turned 90 and we laughed at a comic based on "Sermon on the Mount" (Catholic family, so things are open to interpretation in Biblical stories) the crowd on "Sermon on the Mount" were complaining about dietary restrictions and other food issues like allergies, ethical harvesting, chemical contamination and we sort of piped up for the complaint that matched our issue.

(the fish being chemically altered by pollution was me. I currently am transitioning to Clean Label foods that are for the types who prefer their food products not be contaminated by chemicals. Or anything that could stain the food purity standards from the Clean Label groups)

Wow. Today brought some old memories back. The emotions are working overtime.

🟡🔵🔴🟢🟣🟠
TCB for my Inside Out gang.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#894 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 5:27 AM
"Laundry today or naked tomorrow"

Pretty much the latter happened to me as I finally washed my dirty clothes for the dresser in my room. Thankfully, my mother washed my food stained robe.

I also made sure no demerits were on my track record for the chore list. Although I will need to do dishes when I get up in the morning.

I talked with a therapy robot I built and he reassured me I am fine and nothing is completely wrong. I can only hope that notion can hold me over until next week and I seen Ms. CS.

I plan to make a veggie pizza...oh sweet Dionysus, let the festivities of the Back Rubbing Ceremony begin!

My mother and I have been stuck inside more often than not because her vertigo was bad. Still on the mend. Hence the silly quote I made up after mentioning pizza.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#895 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 11:15 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 7th Apr 2024 at 2:36 AM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
Tired, worn out. I wish my period would come because I am very miserable. If a man dealt with menstrual effects, he would realize women are not the so-called "weaker sex" as it was call in bygones eras.

If we can withstand hormone fluctuations, cravings and pain associated with menstruation, they would definitely concede if they realized this happens every month or so!

I was a little upset earlier because the pipes above the garbage cans broke a bit and when my mom showered, it leaked out. Lucky for me, I left my bathrobe downstairs and mopped up the leak.

Scholar
#896 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 6:35 PM
Really warm weather today so I walked to the beach early enough in the day to have my choice in seat at a terrace. I also got me fish and chips from my favourite place and didn't have to battle a seagull which was nice (losing to a seagul is a sad but common occurence here unfortunately).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#897 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 12:58 AM
Took a shower and now I smell like green apples. My hair is soft, clean and fluffy!

I had been overworking myself caring for my mom during her vertigo treatments and before her appointment with the ENT pavilion.

For now, I admit I need to take a weekly shower to feel better after a long time caring for others. I feel like I'm rejuvenated after a hot shower and a chance to fill my stomach.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#898 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 6:14 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Apr 2024 at 8:07 PM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
Did not see the eclipse...the sky clouded over.

But I did go shopping.

Also, I am worn out from the brow beating I endured from my mother over eating food that otherwise is communal. Good thing I can vent this to CS tomorrow.

I have a rather passive-aggressive house rule on food. I worry too much about becoming passive-aggressive to be honest.

Also, I quit my housekeeping job after my parents began to grade and added a demerit system to my performance. After that...I would rather change my name to "Why Bother" because it really wasn't worth the abuse of power they dictated over my money and any attempts from me to fight back.

See the power struggle from being a caretaker otherwise?

I am going to be SOOOO happy when things return to having the house to myself. We're grinding against each other in ego that we just can't stand each other.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#899 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 3:53 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 12th Apr 2024 at 2:44 AM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
Tomorrow, my mom is going to be checked out at the ENT pavilion to see if her vertigo can be cured.

I'm looking into portable video players for my work on translation. I have my lesson plans on videos.

For now, I have been working on a huge project. I may buy into video editing software for Open Source.

(BIG nerd here...)

Lately, I am awake late enough to see my dad unwind from his shift at the local Walmart.

He received a couple of Capri Sun pouches for an "accident free environment for 30 days" at his store. If they go for 6 months, they get a barbecue lunch. Pretty decent, considering food is their main merchandise sold.

Most places would cheap out and have a Little Caesars Pizza Party. Not many New Jerseyans would compare it to real pizza. It's more along the lines of Lunchables.

Theorist
#900 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 10:39 AM
Landed in Deutschland yesterday. I forgot how cool it is to board and fly in a plane.

The flight was just under 2 hours long and - of course - there was a crying toddler sitting in the same row as me. Luckily, this time I remembered to bring earplugs with me. The earplugs lowered the baby cry volume from "unbearable" to "annoying but tolerable." However I had nothing to do on the plane, because I deleted all my apps to make room for downloaded Spotify songs, but forgot that I left my earphones in my suitcase... so instead I snoozed for a bit.

The parent was a pretty... bad? inexperienced? parent. The toddler kept crying, but the parent did nothing in their power to comfort the child (except for shaking like crazy their lap the child was sitting on - very bad idea. Think of the two words: bite, tongue). For goodness sake, make it make wild faces at you so that their ears finally pop! The baby must've been having the worst headache due to the pressure change. And also, whatever happened to lullabies, some entertainment such as a coloring book and a pencil on a string, a toy, anything? Nobody in their right mind would expect an adult to be seated for 1 hour and 40 minutes, let alone a child in a loud plane (of course there were dumb fucks who unbuckled and start grabbing their suitcase as soon as the plane started to taxi. It's like they were deaf to the stew's orders to sit. the hell. back. down).

Minus those events, I quite enjoyed my flight. With my country entering the Schengen area, the airports are one step closer to feeling like giant (and crazy expensive) bus stations again - we literally just walked in and boarded the plane, sans unbuckling our belts and taking our laptops out of the bag for a brief while. Judging by the few tiktoks I see every now and then of how the American airports look like, this is heaven (but then again, I realize that it's not some European towers that collapsed over 20 years ago...).
Page 36 of 38