Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2005 at 1:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Not Talkative
I have a sim that lives alone, and the last few times I went to play her, I noticed that if I directed her to "talk," either using any of the three options on a visitor, or to "just talk" to someone on the phone, she starts to, then either "warps" to standing behind the person, or hangs up the phone.

Not sure if it's related, but she also jumps out of the hot tub or bed if anyone else joins her. It's frustrating, since she's a Romance sim, and always wants to WooHoo!!

Any ideas?

Zeo
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th May 2005 at 1:19 PM
If this is the sims 2 without the Ep, it could be the jump bug. I never dealt with it, but it was pretty bad. The official patch for the game was supposed to fix it. There is also a hack on this site that fixes it. Not sure if this your problem or not, but if you think it might be, do a search on jump bug for plenty of information. Good luck!

Teresa
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2005 at 1:31 PM Last edited by Delphy : 12th May 2005 at 1:39 PM. Reason: Do not talk about cracked copies
Okay, and here's a follow-up question. I am re-installing on the computer, but I don't want to lose my sims.... Would just backing up the My Documents-->EAGames-->Sims2 folder and reinstalling it after running the game to create the folders put my simmies back where they belong?

Zeo
Scholar
#4 Old 12th May 2005 at 1:49 PM
Yes it will. If you have just sims 2 back it up, but if you let it the reinstall will give you the option to save your game. Let it. If it causes problems(it never did for me) you still have back up. Good luck!

Teresa

This reads funny alwyas back up game with both sims 2 and ep, to save when you reinstall.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:13 PM
Another stupid question. Do I uninstall before reinstalling and when I uninstall, is that when it gives me the option to back up?
Scholar
#6 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:24 PM
When you uninstall, it will ask if you want to save your game. But still make a back up.

Teresa
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th May 2005 at 3:33 PM
Okay. I uninstalled, reinstalled, installed the patch...and she still won't talk. It's not a problem if someone calls her just to complain they haven't heard from her, or if she needs to call a taxi, those all work. It's just "talking" she can't do. I had her call one of her lovers, and he sort of warped over and back then she hung up the phone. Weird.

Any other suggestions?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th May 2005 at 4:10 PM
IT sounds like the jump bug. I've had it. Try using the memories in a bottle hack and use the forget option. Note she will loose all memories. I don't know what else it could be. Does she do anyting wierd with Trying to throw a party?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th May 2005 at 9:00 PM
Haven't tried. Is there a way other than total amnesia to get rid of selected memories, like all the "so-and-so got an A+" memories? She's got alot of nieces and nephews, some of which have children and grandchildren, and she has all their A+, grow up, marriage and baby meories (I think, on the baby). If I could prune those out, she'd have a nice, slender memory file.
Scholar
#10 Old 12th May 2005 at 9:26 PM
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=9814

Check this thread. It is for the jump bug fix. Might read it and see if it is what ou need.

Teresa
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th May 2005 at 10:23 PM
I looked around at some other stuff, too, and found that SimPE had a memory editor. I went in there, deleted all the A+, fam reunion memories, and now she seems to be fine. Thanks, Teresa and drktrper, for all your help. I never would have thought it to be the memories.

Zeo
Scholar
#12 Old 13th May 2005 at 6:39 AM
I am glad you got it fixed. I was lucky as to not have the jump bug, but knew several who did. And now you have the tool to fix it, if it happens again. Since you have the patch, hopefully it won't happen again. Congratulations!

Teresa