Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2024 at 6:36 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 15th Jul 2024 at 12:39 PM. Reason: wOW

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to find corrupted pattern/Create-a-style/patterns not saving. {SOLVED}
HELLO. First off, WOW. {15 July 2024}

Problem 1: Corrupted and repeating pattern. Often caused by converting pattern sims3pack file to a package file.
Solution: I had to remove everything to find where the pattern might have attached itself. This was an old issue so I hadn't touched this pattern in like 2 years.

I created a new sims 3 folder, put my old one off to the side (i renamed it) and slowly re-added my mods.
Once I didnt see the pattern I just brought back whatever I needed for my most recent save i.e. 2 saved sims, the world, the save to the world.

Problem 2: Create-a-Style saved patterns disappear after quitting the game
Solution: This was unfortunately caused by some scripting mod I had that dealt with build/buy mode. I had to remove multiple mods and cut my losses, but it worked!
see here: https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox/topic13262

--------------------------------------------
I have a pattern that has attached itself to something in my mods folder. I've been trying to fix this FOR YEARS. I also think its connected to me not being able to save presets. That's right. I cannot save any new patterns at all. As soon as I leave the game, all the patterns I've recolored, cute shirts I've decorated and "saved" in CAS, all the furniture I've recolored for easy use later, GONE. No mater how many times I've deleted the user presets, removed every pattern I shouldnt have converted to a package file, etc.

Here, I've started a completely Sims 3 new folder, no cc patterns, just all objects and cas stuff. This pattern is still there and appears as multiple copies. I'm not sure if I have to uninstall and re-install all my mods one-by-one or not but even then, I really just want to find where this pattern is hidding and HOW.

I'm not sure how to find and remove this pattern. Pls help me.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jul 2024 at 8:27 AM
Are you saying that this happens even in a vanilla user folder with no mods/cc at all? Or just no CC patterns?

Patterns can be attached to sims, to lots, to objects and of course to CAS parts or worlds. That's very likely what happens here. So there really is no other way than do either the 50/50 method (or, as you suggested, starting with a vanilla folder and adding mods and CC one by one). And definitely start a fresh save for that in an EA world!

But also emptying the library folder, SavedOutfits folder, SavedSims folder and all dbc files from he DCCache folder might be worth a try (backup those files you remove!).
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2024 at 9:01 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 14th Jul 2024 at 10:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Are you saying that this happens even in a vanilla user folder with no mods/cc at all? Or just no CC patterns?

Patterns can be attached to sims, to lots, to objects and of course to CAS parts or worlds. That's very likely what happens here. So there really is no other way than do either the 50/50 method (or, as you suggested, starting with a vanilla folder and adding mods and CC one by one). And definitely start a fresh save for that in an EA world!

But also emptying the library folder, SavedOutfits folder, SavedSims folder and all dbc files from he DCCache folder might be worth a try (backup those files you remove!).

Thank you, I think the confirmation that this may be the only option is in fact what I needed. From the looks of it, it may be attached to a saved sim or in the caches which is far better than having it attached to all my beloved buy and build objects.

------

Additionally my game does not create a user presets folder at all now so I guess that connects to the fact that it was never updating the file...