Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 10:59 PM
Post your ideas for Sims 3 Families!
I'm planning on undertaking a complete world overhaul. I'm going to delete all the lots in Riverview and start over from scratch. This means I need to also provide a new population for the town! Unfortunately, I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for families that will inhabit this new world. So, why don't we all share our ideas for playable Sims 3 Families here? Anyone is free to use these ideas for their own games too!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 1:07 AM
Funny, I'm on a very short break from doing the exact same thing!
I have the initial lots placed, and I'm currently trying to get together enough new households to give Riverview a decent start (I only have 4 households ready). EA-created Sims are just so familiar, I'd rather not use them.

My initial thought is to have all the households in the 'farming' areas have at least one self-employed gardener in the family, and maybe anglers too. I can sell off their inventories with Master Controller.
The suburban areas will probably have rabbit hole career Sims, as well as self-employed artists, etc.

Subscribing as I'm really interested in what others have done to populate worlds, and how they've overhauled Riverview.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 1:15 AM
I play solely legacy style so let the game populate the worlds. I do have 4 households of 8 sims I have split into lots just to speed things up at times for a new world.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 6:45 AM
Small farming towns would be a great place for a cat or dog breeder. Or a horse breeder!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 8:43 AM
I tend to do this too, but I mostly grab families from different worlds or mix and match partners to spice things up! I find Riverview somewhat similar to Appaloosa Plains, so if you have pets, you can create a family that runs a horse ranch or pursues a horseman career. Alternatively, you can craft a family from the city or bring in a teenager to spend time with his/her grandparents as punishment for bad behavior. Another option is to move in a young adult tired of the city life, seeking a quiet town, and eventually meeting the love of his/her life — just like a Hallmark movie!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petalruesimblr
Another option is to move in a young adult tired of the city life, seeking a quiet town, and eventually meeting the love of his/her life — just like a Hallmark movie!

Yuck! I hate those Hallmark movies! Around Christmas time, My MIL has the Hallmark channel on 24/7! This is the one family idea I will NOT be using!
Inventor
#7 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
Yuck! I hate those Hallmark movies! Around Christmas time, My MIL has the Hallmark channel on 24/7! This is the one family idea I will NOT be using!

All the more reason to have a "Hallmark family"! Your Sims can throw eggs at their house, and your kid can beat up their kid!

Note: My legal advisor, advises me that I should say, I do not condone throwing eggs at houses, physical violence or bullying of any kind.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 9:43 PM
I just downloaded some Sims and lots from here (MTS), don't want Riverview to be too quiet.

*Dame Edna Everage by Brunnis-2 (town Mayor, she'll have the best house and will always be the boss).
*Ms. Dubcek and Harry Solomon by Weenstien (they'll live in and 'run' an outdated motel).
Motel Avocado by Thranduil Oropherion (or) The Windfall Motel by Sarasvati

For a little spice, I'll save the Pertridge household from Hidden Springs (minus Ella Carlisle).
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
All the more reason to have a "Hallmark family"! Your Sims can throw eggs at their house, and your kid can beat up their kid!

Note: My legal advisor, advises me that I should say, I do not condone throwing eggs at houses, physical violence or bullying of any kind.

Add a beigeigh family, a Karen and her husband who wear beige and have many kids with beigeigh type names that also wear beige, and their favorite is a spoiled toddler named Beigeigh.

Then add a crash landed mad scientist from the future. He died, but his plumbot, and his two toddlers (a plant sim and an alien) survived and are being raised by the plumbot.

Right now I was thinking 🤔 along the lines of my current blorbo Luvic https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...5A&opi=89978449

Most recently I’ve turned him into an human viscount from Louisiana and I gave him a wife named Eliza, and a daughter named Amira, hence my username https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/luvisconte-al-luvr/

Now I also want to give them other 3 friends, each of them associated with a colorful diamond. ♦️ I’m thinking a Chinese man named Herbert Cheng, a blonde lady named Elspeth Villenueve, and a Mexican lady named Tochitl Barriga.

And I decided his full name is Lucas Victor Daire. He’s turning into his own OCs, so you guess you can look at old Doctor who episodes for inspiration and reference.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 9:34 AM
Or my newest sim: an hades/bluebeard type in an Adric-ish villa!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luvicsiana
Or my newest sim: an hades/bluebeard type in an Adric-ish villa!

I know what a "Bluebeard" is, but I have no idea what any of those other adjectives mean.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luvicsiana
Add a beigeigh family, a Karen and her husband who wear beige and have many kids with beigeigh type names that also wear beige, and their favorite is a spoiled toddler named Beigeigh.

"Beigeigh"? Are you trying to say "Bougie"?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bougie
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
"Beigeigh"? Are you trying to say "Bougie"?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bougie

There is a bit of bougie, but I mean like aestethic where everything is beige and the favorite kid is a toddler with beige hair and clothing named Beigeigh and her siblings are named stuff like Jaxton, Maverick, Kompton, Leyrys, Starlynn...