Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2023 at 3:52 AM
Default Sims 3 University (first time playing question)
When I played Sims 2 University I was popping back to town all the time to play the families a bit between semesters since the university is basically a sub-hood of the mainhood. I invited Sim students around for dinner even and had them at least over back home as guest while in college.

But with sims 3 it seems like that's not possible and now that I've sent a sim to university I am stuck on that University map till she's done and also can't go back to the main neighborhood and send anyone else to college with her or even play them for a bit while she is in college, is this really the case? If so, it's disappointing. I don't suppose you can send multiple sims from the neighborhood to college at the same time then unless they are in the same household?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Sep 2023 at 6:22 AM
https://www.nraas.net/community/Traveler

With Traveller, you can send multiple Sims on vacation/university together (even from different households). It also turns any world you have installed into a travel destination and will allow you to bring along anyone regardless of age and any pets you have. Sending a couple of people to school at once means you will always have a study group

As for swapping back to playing in the home world, unfortunately that isn't possible. Luckily when you have someone in vacation, their entire world is temporarily frozen.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Sep 2023 at 7:41 PM
You an also set up a home university. This way, your sims can stay in town and go to university there.

Instructions here:
https://www.nraas.net/community/How...orld-University

My Sim Realty has a few home university lots.
https://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_C...iversities.html

Some might require an extra student union.
https://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_C...University.html
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2023 at 5:28 AM
Man, I tell you these NRaas mod thingies sound really helpful. I'm gonna have to give them a try one of these days.
Inventor
#5 Old 27th Sep 2023 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Man, I tell you these NRaas mod thingies sound really helpful. I'm gonna have to give them a try one of these days.

It's funny... The game is playable because of the mods. At the same time, you guys probably saved EA a small fortune, since THEY never had to fix their broken crap!

EA programmer "Boss, there's a glitch. Gonna take a while to figure it out and fix it."

EA exec "We'll patch it later... maybe. Even better, instead of paying YOU to fix it, we'll wait for those Nraas guys to do it! Ship it, and get started on TS5!"

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Sep 2023 at 8:13 PM
EA exec "...and don't worry if you make a complete pig's breakfast of it, I'm sure somebody will get around to fixing that too... eventually".

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

tumblr: Elyndaworld *** tumblr: Queen Lucy (new)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Sep 2023 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
https://www.nraas.net/community/Traveler

With Traveller, you can send multiple Sims on vacation/university together (even from different households). It also turns any world you have installed into a travel destination and will allow you to bring along anyone regardless of age and any pets you have. Sending a couple of people to school at once means you will always have a study group

Thanks!! I think I just would love if kids who grew up together just go to college together and not have to have to pick one or move them all into one house just to get them all to apply and leave at the same time. Even tho throwing them in a house together might work as well. Then after they graduate they can go there separate ways. Not being able to swap maps isn't a total deal breaker, but I'll also look into the nraas traveler. I have a few of the nraas mods for my rotational play but I kind of ignored traveler. Now there's a reason to look at it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Sep 2023 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
EA programmer "Boss, there's a glitch. Gonna take a while to figure it out and fix it."

EA exec "We'll patch it later... maybe. Even better, instead of paying YOU to fix it, we'll wait for those Nraas guys to do it! Ship it, and get started on TS5!"

lol, I was kind of laughing at the fact that apparently some of the latest bug glitches fixed for the Sims 4 base game ONLY got fixed because they were affecting the new stuff pack they want to sell. So they really only care about what affects the current profit margins. Not that I didn't already know that, but it was funny now that the team basically admits (while trying to spin it as a good thing) that some of their recent Sims 4 fixes only happened because of playtesting the new pack.