Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:08 PM Last edited by candyapplegirl : 15th Jun 2009 at 10:25 PM.
Default Is there any way to change a baby's name?
I don't know about the rest of you, but when some of my Sims have babies and I'm not playing that household, they've come up with some of the most random, strange names ever. Seriously, these names have to be a joke, because the default names for FISH are normal... Alexander, Richard, Kayla, etc... but the kids come out with names like "Raymundo" "Siseme" and "Feisal". How would you even pronounce 'Feisal' anyway? No offense to anyone here named Feisal, but if anyone knows of a way to change this sim-child's name, could you please let me know?

Edit: Yes, Raymundo would be just fine if his last name was Hernandez or Alvarez... but Raymundo Smith just doesn't have the same melodic ring to it. Nor does Feisal Jones. LOL
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:12 PM
You can change it at the town hall. I guess they introduced this feature for the exact reason you want to change the name!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:13 PM
Thank you!
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:13 PM
You can have the names changed at the Town Hall.

Edit: Ah! Someone beat me to it. :P
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:15 PM
They are appriopriate names for their respective cultures. It is annoying though that an Irish family might give their kid an indian name or some other culture.

You can change names at City Hall, but you probably have to be a certain age [I haven't tried it, just saw it as an option]
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diogenes
You can change names at City Hall, but you probably have to be a certain age [I haven't tried it, just saw it as an option]

Nah you don't. I have changed a newborns name.

^_^
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:29 PM
Anyone had a kid named Goopy yet?
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM
I never EVER managed to change the names of the kids sims from the original family I created were having.
Even if they were toddlers, children or teens, even if it was during day or night, even if it was on monday or sunday, the City Hall never gave me the option "change name". This is really frustrating as I try to give my sims old fashionned french names in an alphabetical order, and I have to make up my mind with jennifers and other brads.
Terribly annoying.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snowpelt
Anyone had a kid named Goopy yet?

Lol. I remember when my friend's Sim married a guy named that.