Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 3:00 PM
Default Change OBJK values?
Hey,

I am using some downloaded deco cars for my CAW world. Someone wrote on the post that if you have the Overwatch mod (which I am planning to), the cars disappear as they are catalogued as cars. Now, a solution to this in the post was to change the OBJK value. As I am relatively new to programs such as S3PE and S3OC I would love it if someone could help me with which values within the OBJK file I am supposed to change to make it mimic for example a rock?

Thanks so much in advance, and I'm sorry if this is a repeat post.

Original post where the CC is from: https://modthesims.info/t/431808
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadamCaw
Hey,

I am using some downloaded deco cars for my CAW world. Someone wrote on the post that if you have the Overwatch mod (which I am planning to), the cars disappear as they are catalogued as cars. Now, a solution to this in the post was to change the OBJK value. As I am relatively new to programs such as S3PE and S3OC I would love it if someone could help me with which values within the OBJK file I am supposed to change to make it mimic for example a rock?

Thanks so much in advance, and I'm sorry if this is a repeat post.

Original post where the CC is from: https://modthesims.info/t/431808

Where did you read that decor cars would disappear? Decor is decor, as far as I know, and Also, as far as I know, Overwatch only deletes cars that have been left sitting on roads for whatever reason the game does that.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 9:01 PM
I also doubt that Overwatch would do that, as it wouldn't even clean up real cars that weren't stuck.

But in the interest of not denying you or anyone here from the title the answer-
Open package in S3PE, find and right click the OBJK resource, click Edit OBJK, and you will see a column for Script and the name of the script in a text box.
You can then swap the car script, which looks something like Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.CarExpensive1, with the script for a deco item. A lot of creators clone a specific plant so Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.SculpturePlantIvyBallTopiarySmall is a common neutral script you can use.
There is also a Steering column that you can switch off.

I think it would be a good idea to swap these scripts anyway so that no car interactions appear if you clicked on one ingame.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
I also doubt that Overwatch would do that, as it wouldn't even clean up real cars that weren't stuck.

But in the interest of not denying you or anyone here from the title the answer-
Open package in S3PE, find and right click the OBJK resource, click Edit OBJK, and you will see a column for Script and the name of the script in a text box.
You can then swap the car script, which looks something like Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Vehicles.CarExpensive1, with the script for a deco item. A lot of creators clone a specific plant so Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.SculpturePlantIvyBallTopiarySmall is a common neutral script you can use.
There is also a Steering column that you can switch off.

I think it would be a good idea to swap these scripts anyway so that no car interactions appear if you clicked on one ingame.

Hi! Thank you so much for the reply!

It said so (that the cars would disappear) in the post that I linked above - from the creator. I think it's because they are registering as cars, and I want to use them as decorative objects in my world!

I think I have successfully done it, so thank you so much!! :D