Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 4:01 PM
Default Clearing the glass from the LN dive windows?
Hi, all. I really like the Dive window that came with Late Night but I hate the fact that it is not clear. It also doesn't give light to the room. I have never even touched a window in TSRW and because of that I didn't get very far with it. Could somebody tell me if it's even possible to do that kind of edit just with workshop? And is there a tutorial somewhere because I couldn't find one?

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 12:05 AM
I had a little look into it and I think it would depend if you want it to have glass or not.
It would be possible to add transparency to the texture and add a window light rather easily with TSRW + an image editor. But it doesn't have glass mesh groups, so if you wanted it to actually have the glass look the panes would need to be added in meshing software

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 7:12 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 15th Mar 2024 at 7:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
I had a little look into it and I think it would depend if you want it to have glass or not.
It would be possible to add transparency to the texture and add a window light rather easily with TSRW + an image editor. But it doesn't have glass mesh groups, so if you wanted it to actually have the glass look the panes would need to be added in meshing software

Ah, okay. I think I will try the image editor route, since that is more on my alley than meshing. I'll see how it goes and report back either way. Thank you.

Edit: I actually managed to fix the ranch street light, after learning from you the last time you helped me, so thank you for teaching me. It's great to learn to do something new.