Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 7:36 PM
Hair CC
Just curious - what type of Hair cc do you guys use? Like the realistic ones, sims 4t2/3t2 or maybe even none??
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 9:40 PM
Most of my hairs are realistic/alpha hair in Poppet V2 colors. A few are Maxis 3t2 but honestly the meshes look a little out of place. Same with Maxis 4t2 clay hairs, they just don't fit with the rest of my game's aesthetic. Still, I can't be bothered to delete them. Also, I try not to get hair that is too long, especially in the front because I don't like how sometimes the hair strands float above the sims' chests.

How about you?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 10:34 PM
A bit of everything - mostly realistic/alpha-enabled hairs in Pooklet-like textures and colors (with some variation, plus anything that can fit with that style). I kinda like a lot of the (originally TS3) 3t2 hairs, because they're low-ish poly and not too difficult to recolor (and if there's hats or anything else you can put patterns on, it's possible to use TSRW to make recolors of those). They also kinda fit with TS2, in my opinion anyway.

I mostly keep to natural colors, but have the odd sim I'll put in colored hair.

I like hairs of most types/lengths, but not too long, for the sake of animations being alright. down the back is fine, but not so long they'd sit on it.

Probably should get a bit more picky with meshes - I have a lot of old ones (talking 2005+++ here) and a lot of those have issues. Too bad a few are among my favorites, and my new computer doesn't like them (CAS/display bugs - fixable and there's a mod, but still...)

Not a fan of clay hairs (too cartoony for me). I've downloaded some, but mostly hairs that look like they could blend with alpha-enabled ones (cropped short, braided, or just styles where the "clay" ends aren't too visible). Very picky on those.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bonfiar
Most of my hairs are realistic/alpha hair in Poppet V2 colors. A few are Maxis 3t2 but honestly the meshes look a little out of place. Same with Maxis 4t2 clay hairs, they just don't fit with the rest of my game's aesthetic. Still, I can't be bothered to delete them. Also, I try not to get hair that is too long, especially in the front because I don't like how sometimes the hair strands float above the sims' chests.

How about you?

I'd have to say the same about the alpha hairs in Poppet V2, but I can't bother with sims 4 hair...I just hate the way it looks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
A bit of everything - mostly realistic/alpha-enabled hairs in Pooklet-like textures and colors (with some variation, plus anything that can fit with that style). I kinda like a lot of the (originally TS3) 3t2 hairs, because they're low-ish poly and not too difficult to recolor (and if there's hats or anything else you can put patterns on, it's possible to use TSRW to make recolors of those). They also kinda fit with TS2, in my opinion anyway.

I mostly keep to natural colors, but have the odd sim I'll put in colored hair.

I like hairs of most types/lengths, but not too long, for the sake of animations being alright. down the back is fine, but not so long they'd sit on it.

Probably should get a bit more picky with meshes - I have a lot of old ones (talking 2005+++ here) and a lot of those have issues. Too bad a few are among my favorites, and my new computer doesn't like them (CAS/display bugs - fixable and there's a mod, but still...)

Not a fan of clay hairs (too cartoony for me). I've downloaded some, but mostly hairs that look like they could blend with alpha-enabled ones (cropped short, braided, or just styles where the "clay" ends aren't too visible). Very picky on those.

Truly the only time I download sims 4 hair is for my sims with type 4 hair, because there isn't a lot of variation when it comes to alpha