Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 4:24 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 4:42 PM.
Default The Bass-ackwards challenge
If you find yourself getting bored with the same ol' goals and aspirations and think it might be lulz to make your sims suffer for once, then this challenge might be for you. It's called the Bass-ackwards challenge, meaning that you take any aspiration or lifetime want that involves acheiving a certain number of a type of accomplishment, like the popularity sim's 20 best friends, Pleasure's fifty first/dream dates, and the romance sim's 20 woohoos/simultaneous loves, and flip them completely around, making sure to have that sim going to the loony bin before they even reach elder.

Should work with just about all the aspirations, except Family since I can't seem to think of a way to reverse their goals, which is to have 999,999.99 babies. The only reversal I can think of is... not(?) having kids? That's not really a challenge, but for some it might be. lol!

Popularity sims with their 20 best friends? Way too easy. Make them have 20 mutual enemies instead!

The knowledge sim that wants to max out all skills? Make him/her lose those skills instead! You start them off fully maxed and then little by little chip that knowledge away till he's flubbing his lips on the sidewalk.

Does that darn, idealistic Pleasure sim long for fifty dream dates? Make it fifty disaster dates instead. Use all those flaming bags of poo as sidewalk lanterns. Sure to be all the rage at your next party!

Sick of those weasly romance sims and their shallow scoring tally? Get back at them by turning them into the neighborhood creep. You're sure to throw your head back and roar with laughter everytime he/she makes that innappropriate flirt that's far too soon for the relationship. Increase the lulz by having him/her hit on those they have terrible chemistry with. At this rate, he'll be mop-tangoing in no time! Hey! That mop needs love too you know!

The rules are, no aging off cheats or green juice. You have until said sim reaches elder (in pure misery) to have these "goals" met. No point system but merely for fun and a way to renew your game. You may find that doing it the bass-ackwards way more challenging than meeting their hopes and dreams the typical way.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 6:29 PM
This sounds devilishly fun! I never really torture my sims, so I've never even seen, say, dancing with the mop. I think I'll try this with a few of the extra sims in my Legacy Family (previous generation wanted six children, so might as well have some fun with the non-heirs!) Thanks for the idea!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 7:33 PM
lol, i don't know if i'll ever try it/finish it, but i do like that idea... I'm normally not that mean to my sims.... well, it depends on what i'm doing I can't wait to see if anyone does this, cuz I wanna see pics of this. I like the idea, I'm just unsure if I wanna do it, and i'm busy... so yeah.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 1:03 AM
This sounds great! I'm gonna try it.
Banned
#5 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PsychoKatie
This sounds devilishly fun! I never really torture my sims, so I've never even seen, say, dancing with the mop.

I haven't either, but I have seen Ivy Copur talking to a netball and I wasn't even tormenting her!
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 8:04 PM
Hehe! (I love saying that)
This looks fun!

“Oh my god,” Alec shut his eyes. “Jace, you’re naked.”

“I know,” Jace said. “I’m in my purest form, no hair dye, no clothes, no kangaroos. I’m just me!”