Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2024 at 8:45 AM
Default Mauritania Three Tile Door but there is no light through the door???
Hi everyone
I downloaded Mauritania Three Tile Door by leefish to 3 title and I noticed that no light was passing through the doors. How can I fix this in simpe?
Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diamondheart
Hi everyone
I downloaded Mauritania Three Tile Door by leefish to 3 title and I noticed that no light was passing through the doors. How can I fix this in simpe?
Thanks

Came to ask about this exact door
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 5:51 PM
I don't have a complete answer since I've only ever removed lights from windows, but:

The light that passes through windows and doors is done the same as that cast by lamps. It's a resource in the object that tells the game to emit light at that location. So you'd have to add those to the door. In my experience, this involve adding LGHT resources and modifying the object's CRES.

There's an old thread documenting the light resource here, but it doesn't give the full step by step. You'll have to do some reverse engineering. It might be simple to clone an existing light-casting three tile door if you can find one.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.