Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 4:58 PM Last edited by emmyjulia : 9th Jun 2024 at 1:57 PM.
Default [Solved] NH Up-lit Building
So I was following Criquettes tutorial for make an object up-lit at night and not sure where I went wrong.
I cloned the template provided in the tutorial HERE.

Every other texture shows up fine but not the ones who should have lights. Either way I get this beautiful texture in game.. looks perfectly fine in SimPE.

Attach the package.file if someone want to take a look at it.

Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  OgasCantinaV2.rar (885.1 KB, 5 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 5:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Jun 2024 at 2:49 PM.
For the TXMT steps, it looks like you need to copy everything after "##0x1C050000!" from the "stdMatBaseTextureName" to the "texMaterial". This also needs to be added in the front: "ogascantina-[d3898df4-bdb1-401b-b552-4ac3c18db82f]-" (copy everything from the string)

You've copied/used the text directly from the tutorial, which won't work since it's just showing an example.

Needs to be done to both the "Day" and "Night" TXMT.

(After fixing, if you've placed an item before quitting the game and it's still showing the wrong texture, remove it and place a new one, and see if it's working fine. Deleting the cache files also should get rid of issues with white text items lagging behind).
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 1:57 PM
Thank you once again simmer22!
Maybe I should stop trying to follow tutorials at night when I actually needs sleep
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 12:33 PM Last edited by ParkerGarcia : 24th Jun 2024 at 6:01 AM.
It sounds like you've encountered an issue where textures meant to be illuminated at night in your Sims game aren't displaying correctly. This could be due to several reasons such as incorrect material settings, missing light maps, or issues with how the object is configured in the game engine. To troubleshoot, ensure that all required textures, including light maps if applicable, are correctly assigned and saved in the proper format. Check the object's material settings in SimPE to ensure they are configured to react to the game's lighting system as intended. If you're still facing issues, sharing the package file for others to examine would be helpful in diagnosing and resolving the problem. I was looking for affordable assignment writing services and came across this website that lists the top 5 budget-friendly services, with detailed reviews and user experiences. You also can check this website. It was very helpful for me in finding reliable help, and I highly recommend it. The service I chose delivered high-quality work at a reasonable price.