Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2023 at 10:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Accounts.ea.com not working.
For the past week or so, I've been trying to log into my Sims 3 account and download some new lots. However, it won't let me in!

I can't download new lots without login in! What should I do?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Mar 2023 at 11:57 PM
It works okay for me- but I've seen several people mention that they are having difficulty, so perhaps it's a regional thing.
If you know the URL or asset number of the lot you want to download, then you can grab the Sims3Pack without being logged in. For example, if you want to download this lot:
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=6784530
Copy the asset number and put it into the following link format:
Code:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com/xxxxxxx.Sims3Pack

So for my above example, you would use this link:
lvlt.thesims3.com/6784530.Sims3Pack
To download the asset directly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It works okay for me- but I've seen several people mention that they are having difficulty, so perhaps it's a regional thing.
If you know the URL or asset number of the lot you want to download, then you can grab the Sims3Pack without being logged in. For example, if you want to download this lot:
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=6784530
Copy the asset number and put it into the following link format:
Code:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com/xxxxxxx.Sims3Pack

So for my above example, you would use this link:
lvlt.thesims3.com/6784530.Sims3Pack
To download the asset directly.

I tried downloading your example lot, but it didn't work. (Maybe it's because I'm playing this through Steam instead of Origin?)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 9:39 PM
Did you try downloading the lot through your browser? Did the file download?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Did you try downloading the lot through your browser? Did the file download?

No, it did not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 1:25 PM
You must have something on your browser blocking this, it downloads for me on all browsers I try on all my devices. Check whether your antivirus is blocking downloads or quarantining, or if you have browser settings preventing certain downloads.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 10:11 PM
I had that problem as well, and I asked Ea what's wrong, they told me to change my password, and it worked. Don't know if that help...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jun 2023 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zandrah16
I had that problem as well, and I asked Ea what's wrong, they told me to change my password, and it worked. Don't know if that help...

I can't even make it to the login page, it always just leads to a dead page.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jun 2023 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
I can't even make it to the login page, it always just leads to a dead page.

That's weird, did you contact ea help?
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 8:53 AM
Default If you have a vpn running just pause it should work then worked for me
If your struggling to get into the exchange or login to the sims 3 website just turn off your vpn for a bit and try again it worked for me hope this helps
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 3:11 PM
I don't really know how to fix your account problem. That's something you would likely need to contact EA for and their support is, frankly, terrible. However, if all you're trying to do is download from the Exchange I might be able to solve that problem for you, or, rather, I can circumvent your problem. There have been extensions and userscripts for doing exactly that.
I don't actually remember where I got this one from, so I stuck it in a pastebin for you. It's just a userscript for Tamper/Violent/Greasemonkey that will let you download stuff from the Exchange without logging in.