Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 3:14 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 4th Sep 2009 at 5:16 AM.
Default Moving the snap-to position for a chair (update: "slot_desk_std_0" wasn't it...)
Hello. I'm making a desk, and I need to center the spot the the chair snaps to when it is placed behind the desk. Currently it slides under the desk on one side, but I'm trying to make it snap to the center of the desk, not one side. I'm curious if anyone knows how to do this.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 7:29 AM
The chair snaps into a slot on the desk. You'll need to move the co-ordinates for that slot in the CRES resource.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:08 PM
Hmmm. My problem is that i cannot find the slot. there is an overarching slot (that translates all the sub slots up 0.38) that has sub slots, but those are all for the tabletop. it isn't the practical node, and it isn't the overarching one. Could I perhaps impose for you to look at the cres file of the modern glass desk (basegame) and point me towards the one you think it might be? I can't seem to find it. :\

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 12:59 PM
My guess is that it's slot_desk_std_0. That would make the computer slot and the routing slots all placed relative to where the chair is, which makes sense. I'd have to try changing it in game to be certain though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 9:45 PM
Huh. I hadn't thought of that. I suppose that maxis would do that...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 5:15 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 4th Sep 2009 at 5:27 AM.
I wasn't either of the numbered joints and it wasn't the homework joint. Help... *exasperated face*

...*bashes maxis for their blatant ambiguity while naming joints*

Edit: Are you absolutely sure it's a joint...?

Edit2: Not "joint0" either.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 6:53 PM
Logically thinking the slot_desk_std_0 should have been it, but when I was doing a two tile-centered chair desk none would make the chair snap anywhere else. And as I recall all of the routes were relative to that slot. I ended up making a one tile desk but having the mesh "hang over" on both sides and adding decorative slots.