Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 3:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
can't bulldoze lot to make it an empty lot
I bulldoze, and all the items disappear, but the house icon stays and I can't place down another lot there.
It should be empty but it is not. the lot across the street becomes empty when i bulldoze it.
Bulldozing with nraas debug enabler didn't work either. I need help :C
World is rosewood park and in the original savefile the lot is able to be bulldozed. What could be causing this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 3:16 PM
Default Also need help with removing these marks in the grass
if there is no fix for the lot bulldozing i need help with this atleast :C
Removing these marks in the grass
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PieceCake
I bulldoze, and all the items disappear, but the house icon stays and I can't place down another lot there.

Once the house is gone, you should be able to bulldoze the lot again to get rid of it completely.

if there is no fix for the lot bulldozing i need help with this atleast :C
Removing these marks in the grass

If the terrain paint is on the world itself, then you won't be able to get rid of it unless you take it into the Create-a-world program.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Once the house is gone, you should be able to bulldoze the lot again to get rid of it completely.

If the terrain paint is on the world itself, then you won't be able to get rid of it unless you take it into the Create-a-world program.

bulldozing twize removes the lot completely, and I can't place another one cause of the routing and small world.
so it's really weird. :C

It disappears when the lot is empty so it's just cause I made a walkout basement under the house. but flattening the ground doesn't remove it.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 4:40 PM
in the original savefile uploaded by the creator of the world I can delete the lot like normal.
I don't want to have to transfer all my houses to a new save, I'd love to save my savefile
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 4:43 PM
Those marks are probably supposed to be flowers. The paint was applied in CAW, so you cannot delete it from your lot, but you can paint over it with a terrain paint of your choice.

As for the bulldozing, did you try to bulldoze the lot again? The bulldozing works in steps: if there is a building (or what the game assumes is one) the first bulldozing will only remove the structure, but not the lot. Using the bulldozer a second time on the lot should also remove the lot itself.
But be careful, you might not be able to place another lot there!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Those marks are probably supposed to be flowers. The paint was applied in CAW, so you cannot delete it from your lot, but you can paint over it with a terrain paint of your choice.

As for the bulldozing, did you try to bulldoze the lot again? The bulldozing works in steps: if there is a building (or what the game assumes is one) the first bulldozing will only remove the structure, but not the lot. Using the bulldozer a second time on the lot should also remove the lot itself.
But be careful, you might not be able to place another lot there!

No the marks are from me building a basement, the marks can not be painted over sadly. they are not there in the original savefile.

I've bulldozed like 20 times now in different ways, normal, via nraas, my hand. nothing works D:
Bulldozing the house then the lot makes it disappear, like it was an empty lot. So something is very wrong sadly.
Might just have so transfer all my houses to a new savefile cause I can't think of another solution.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 9:43 PM
I'm sorry for repeating what Simsample already said, for some reason I didn't see the reply.

Those marks are when the game things the terrain was too steep. They are hard to get rid of. You can try different terrain paints to get rid of those, some work better than others. Sometimes forming the terrain helps (smoothing). But those are really hard to get rid of.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 10:41 PM
bulldozing twize removes the lot completely, and I can't place another one cause of the routing and small world.
so it's really weird. :C

The problem is that things like spawners don't get deleted when the lot is removed. So you'll be prevented to place a new lot due to there being objects in the way. Also the world routing doesn't get updated so can cause glitches like you're experiencing. Many years ago I managed to change some unroutable areas in Sunset Valley for a friend who had an ongoing save. I opened the save file using CAW and changed things there, then exported all of the routing data from CAW and imported it back into her save. It seemed to work well, as far as I know she's still playing that world from time to time. But very complex to do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
I'm sorry for repeating what Simsample already said, for some reason I didn't see the reply.

Those marks are when the game things the terrain was too steep. They are hard to get rid of. You can try different terrain paints to get rid of those, some work better than others. Sometimes forming the terrain helps (smoothing). But those are really hard to get rid of.

decided to just remodel a little and cover them with a "floor" path, no paint could cover it
So all is good for now. If I ever get a random burst of energy I can rebuild the house again haha.

moved to a new savefile so the houseissue is atleast gone
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The problem is that things like spawners don't get deleted when the lot is removed. So you'll be prevented to place a new lot due to there being objects in the way. Also the world routing doesn't get updated so can cause glitches like you're experiencing. Many years ago I managed to change some unroutable areas in Sunset Valley for a friend who had an ongoing save. I opened the save file using CAW and changed things there, then exported all of the routing data from CAW and imported it back into her save. It seemed to work well, as far as I know she's still playing that world from time to time. But very complex to do.

I entered buydebug and there was nothing in there, never had this happen before.
Been building houses for like 4 years and never had this much problem at once haha.

I just made a new savefile so that solved it in the shortrun haha.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 9:28 AM
Glad you got it working to your satisfaction, editing in-game is always a bit limited.