Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 9:34 PM
Default Help with a converted object?
I tried converting the cat stereo from TS3 to TS4 but this happened...

Both the iPod screen and mouth are empty. I did this in Sims 4 Studio. I think there's something missing but I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 10:24 AM
Without being able to see the .package or the .blend file, my guess is that what may have happened is that the object you converted has two mesh groups, one for the main object and another one for the iPod screen and the mouth, and that the second mesh is either missing or has had no bone (or the wrong bone) assigned to it. Or that the texture for that second mesh has an alpha problem that is making the mesh transparent.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 4:33 PM
It only seemed to have one mesh, but I'm very new to this so I'm probably wrong.

I've included the .blend file if you want to take a look.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Catstereo.rar (419.7 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 11:09 AM
Hi, I took a look at your .blend and it has three mesh groups, one for the shadow, one for the main body of the stereo, and one for the mouth/iPod screens. There was no bone assigned to any of them, which would explain why the mouth/iPod mesh doesn't show up, but I'm surprised that the main body shows up despite having no bone. You need to add a bone assignment to each of those two meshes (the shadow doesn't need one).

In the below pic, on the left side is how your object currently appears in Blender in Edit Mode (looking at the iPod mesh group in this case), with 'Show Weights' enabled on the side menu (press the N key to get that menu). The mesh is blue, and if you look under Vertex Groups on that left-hand pic, that area is all blank. Click the + symbol under Vertex Groups, double-click the default name Blender gives it and change it to transformBone, the bone most TS4 objects use. Press the A key to select the mesh, then click Assign under the Vertex Groups section. The mesh will turn red to show it's assigned, as in the right-hand pic.

Do the same for the main body mesh, and hopefully it will all now show up in game.
Screenshots