Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2024 at 5:33 PM
Default Legacy Titles (Sims 2, Stories) Possible Remaster?
https://youtu.be/QbYJ25E2484?si=65qL6n-ByOAvWn7l Thoughts

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 12:08 AM
If they just updated the look of it and the fashion/hairs/items a little and added body slider support without really changing anything else in how the game works I'd honestly very likely buy a Sims 2 remaster. But then again this is EA we're talking about, they don't seem to understand what made Sims 2 special so they'd find ways to ruin it anyway by making it more relatable to kids and tweens or something else stupid that would then turn me completely off. Or worse, they'd go with Sims 4 like clay graphics since then they could just recycle the items from that game and resell them in a new shell.

But I also doubt they'll re-release any older Sims, they want people to buy Rene after all so it would make little sense to offer something better to fight with that.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 10:52 PM
I think if it won't be the main game but the Stories spin-off because they are already lighter versions of the game.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 11:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Jan 2024 at 2:56 PM.
Honestly, it sounds more like they're just going to upload the games in a UC kind of way, rather than doing anything fancy to them. Wouldn't even be surprised if they didn't make the games 64-bit compatible or any such (UC isn't even - they only barely made it compatible the newer Windows versions, mostly because Securom was removed). They even managed to upload a buggy version (it has the wrong files for the Holiday pack )

--------------------------------

There's not too much I'd want for in a TS2 remaster (although the wish list tends to change a bit, the things below are highest on the list)

I like the look of TS2 better than the other games, so there's not much I'd want to change there (and anything I'd want to change there's CC for - everyone likes somewhat different styles for their sims, anyway, so there's no point in changing up the basics too much). I would love some general optimizing for newer computers. I'd also like remastered lot imposters, so I can make it look like theres a neighborhood around the house without too much trouble or horrible graphics (I know there's a few mods now that kind of fixes this, but it's not quite the same, and they can be very taxing on the graphic performance because the game isn't quite optimized for this). Ideally I'd like something like TS4's smaller, roamable neighborhoods, so my sims can go a bit further than their mailbox, but I don't need them to be able to visit other sims. I more want the look of an open neighborhood, not necessarily the actual thing. I like how neighborhoods and saving works in TS2.

And of course adding in some functions from other games, like some build tools from TS4 that would make life easier (moving an entire house or room... need I say more?), horses and other pets that currently aren't in TS2 (but with the smaller pets better handled than in TS3/TS4), strollers + baby carriers + car seats (and other useful items to bring babies/toddlers along on a stroll), bikes and generally just some player-controllable items on wheels that can drive around in the garden or in the house that works for children and up (I've got plans...), more toys for toddlers/babies and especially some that move around (walkers, play cars, etc.) or are animated (swing, slide, etc.). Basically stuff with functions that can be modified into other things via CC.

If I was in charge of a complete remaster, I would maybe change up the skeletons to add face bones (this would wreck havoc on all CAS CC with meshes, though). It would make it possible to animate faces more easily, instead of morphs (it's been a limitation for quite some time now). Maybe also some version of CASt, but better thought-through and better performing than from TS3 for some things - maybe as an optional addon where you could choose between recoloring the normal TS2 way and add a base template with CASt).

I'm not sure I'd be interested in a TS3 or TS4 remaster - I haven't played TS3 in several years (apart from a brief setup I completely abandoned), and it's been a while since TS4 too (I gave up getting more packs after 2 EPs, and now there's about a billion, and while I feel a small urge to go buy them the first week they're out, it quickly fades after watching a few play-throughs)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 1:08 AM
What I would like most is a sims 2 with many more animations and memories and dynamics like the director's, you understand what I mean, make the game richer, and add the improvements from Sims 3 and 4, (which are not that many either).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
We got the remasters all 5 or maybe 6 of them in the MTS download section under neighborhood and also the jobs too under custom careers.

The topic was referring to the video ganes, like anything before TS3, for easier purchase and compability with newert systems.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 3:04 PM
Yeah, I'm sceptical. I'd love to be proven wrong though!
Alchemist
#10 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 3:06 PM
I'd be happy to have an updated Sims 2 as long as it's moddable. It'd be nice not to have to edit the program files to make the game work on modern systems.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 3:09 PM
No Cloud crap though. I want a game that is on my computer and can't be taken away from me at someone else's whim.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 6:59 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 24th Jan 2024 at 7:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
https://youtu.be/QbYJ25E2484?si=65qL6n-ByOAvWn7l Thoughts

In the comments of the video everyone is talking about how great it would be to be able to buy legally, instead of talking about a remastering or improvements. Girl just play it, just google it. xDD They have given people a mania with piracy and have left them totally dependent on everything corporate. One must discern when something is doublethink or real. I don't know if I explain myself. Also, I think the sims 2 is abandonware, which makes it even more ironic.

Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
One of my downloadable regions called the Sunset Valley Region has (edit) most of the sims 2 stories series, "those are the lush ones only" and the sims 3 base game sims in it, they all live together inside one of the main hoods N301 I did not rename it because I do not want to cause errors. Speaking of errors, I had a couple of "0x sim has no character file" and according to what I read last night those are not supposed to cause corruption, check the sims 2 Creator Feedback Forum for more details.

I did not make many adjustments to the original Neighborhood or sub hoods; I did not create the lots either. But if you want to? it is a free download, I wish more people would post their "Alias name" onto the neighborhood intro

It may not be a problem depending on the circumstances if it is under control with mods or whatever, but you cannot upload something with missing characters, that is corruption, when someone downloads something, they want it to be in good condition. Missing files causes characters will be overwritten and everything will begin to be corrupted. It is logical that they do not approve a load with those errors. It is a mechanism to ensure minimum quality. And I assure you that they are quite understanding, I have seen neighborhoods approved with steal hoods, and that is something that they could really prohibit if they were tougher, because it is annoying for the downloader.

Just try to create a neighborhood with all the character files and no mods that could cause conflicts, just keep the anti-corruption mods and use clean templates.