Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 4:05 PM Last edited by jekaribne : 5th Oct 2023 at 2:07 PM.
Default Question.
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being not bad at all and 10 being WTF WERE YOU THINKING!? Is it ok to make a celebrity you have a crush on and your sim self in a house and marry them omegle xender.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 10:36 PM
This is Sims and your game and you can do whatever you want to do. If this is a serious question whatsoever, as you joined just to post that?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 10:58 PM
It might depend on who the celebrity is. JK. But, who is it?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 11:15 PM
I think it's a requirement for all iterations of the game. You haven't played unless you have Gerard Way accidentally walk by your self sim's house and instantly fall in love with her when their eyes meet over the white picket fence. And then he takes you on a first date and you wear a replica of Bella Goth's red dress. And he proposes during the Lobster Thermidor and presents you with a huuuuuge diamond ring. And you accept and get married in a majestic cathedral that uses ALL THE CC and your dress is fabulous. And you move to a massive mansion with the expensive sofa and room for a cupcake machine and you stay at home whilst he works because he is perfect and you are too beautiful to do anything. And you throw a party and invite the whole neighbourhood because they should all see how fabulous your life is and how big your pool is and how shiny is the car he bought you and how great Gerard looks in the outfit you picked for him that perfectly shows off his bulging muscles because you had him work out all night once. And Gerard kisses one of the Calientes behind the canapes and WHY WHY WHY GERARD all the sims are laughing at me! I use my ENRAGED buff to put Gerard in the pool and build a fence around it so he can't get out and oh dear poor Gerard but never mind I shall be a glamorous rich widow and think of the fun I'll have going on vacation and wearing the skimpy bikinis that show off my new boobs. And I hear Brad Pitt may be moving into town soon, I wonder if I should be ready by the picket fence weeping over my poor dead Gerard's urn when he walks by maybe I'll download some veils because they are cute as hell...

Anyway, to answer your question, about 3 I think.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2023 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You haven't played unless you have Gerard Way accidentally walk by your self sim's house ...

I may be an exception but have never had me in the games. And I need to google to see who that is.
Smeg Head
#6 Old 5th Oct 2023 at 3:49 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 5th Oct 2023 at 4:43 AM.
All depends on how much of the celebrity adulation, the giddiness, hand-clapping and general overbearing freakishness you can tolerate your non-celeb sims doing in the house every five minutes while worshiping the celeb sim. Mods may be required to make this a more successful, more normal, more tolerable, more fikken quiet living arrangement, for your own sanity and game enjoyment most of all. Certainly for the long run. Lest you soon be turning to ways of killing off sims, to end the mind-meltingly annoying sim behavior. Those poor, poor sims. It's never their fault, really, is it? Because, keep in mind, celebrities are for life, not just for Christmas. Mods may be required. No, tell a lie, mods WILL BE required.

Scale of 1 to 10, zero, if doing it without mods. With mods, 10, and woohoo the shit out of the celeb till they can't walk or act or perform straight, and tell all your friends about it, whether it be Gerard Way, Gerard Butler, or me, (not exactly a celeb, but also a Gerard - Surname Withheld.) Not implying that I should be a sim to be woohooed, but the "Gerard" thing piqued my interest. And my self sim is G. Coolspear, in regards to the Gerard thing. Self sims, eh? What a conundrum. They're always better, richer, more virulent than the player they're named after, so how is that not a psychological disappointment to the player on reflection? But we cope. Escapism and what not. At least one of us is having all the fun, right?! Especially if a damn celebrity in the Sims universe. The lucky shit.

"Put me back in the Matrix. But this time, as a celebrity or something..."

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Oct 2023 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
And I need to google to see who that is.

I'm showing my age now, there was somewhat of a fascination for him amongst the sim players when Sims 2 was still young, as they were popular artistes at the time. There were a LOT of sims of him made, and a whole load of other stuff relating to that band. Also machinima based around their songs was popular, remembering this one especially.
Also, Angelina Jolie sims! There were so many!

I actually only made myself as a sim once, as when I was on the MTS staff we all made our sims so that one mod could take a picture of the sims to go in a greetings card for an admin. So I had her made, and stuck her in one of my worlds for a laugh. I tried to kill her several times but she always survived somehow, and I had her playable for a long time. Eventually she died of old age having had a wildly successful life and actually, to my surprise, getting on well with Sim Sample, who always crashed her parties. I must have had her play with the genie lamp at some point because she kept winning the game against Grimmy, I remember posting on here about it as I was thoroughly sick of her and just wanted her to go!
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Oct 2023 at 9:20 PM
I may be an exception but have never had me in the games. And I need to google to see who that is.

A lot of people never make sim-selves, me included. But I have made characters from TV shows that I shipped together as Sims characters and had life take them where they will.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnotheLazySimmer23
A lot of people never make sim-selves, me included. But I have made characters from TV shows that I shipped together as Sims characters and had life take them where they will.

I have made the Addams in some of my games. I think those are the only ones.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 2:47 AM
I have made the Addams in some of my games. I think those are the only ones.

I've made a Mulder and Scully from X-Files who are currently sitting in an untouched save waiting until I buy strangerville, which might not be until next year. Cause more important things to buy...but I wanted to make them and thought they'd be a good fit for playing through the storyline.