Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 7:04 PM
Default What is The Sims? Full Documentary Video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jI0dCKmZKpQ

Caution - two hours long video (but you can watch it chunk s throughout the werk).

Haven’t watch it fully, but at the end I could actually relate. Sometimes playing the game made me feel like (“why I’m not doing or grinding what my Sim is grinding” while broodingly directing my Sim to bettrr themselves something I dread of doing. On a bright side - I’’m proud I went to the gym for the first time). To mod the sims members, and anyone that detest and worried the direction the series is heading with monetization and micro-transactions, this is a good reality check message to developers he is sending them.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 8:57 PM
Nice find! Who is this commentator?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2023 at 12:48 AM
No clue. The video popped from recomendation feed.

Also, he has another video of What If it was a card game, lol. I had thoughts of how it be possible to make The Sims board game (would CAS be like designing a doll with pieces and house elements be like constructing lego)? LOL the DIY would probably be great as a toyline for both boys and girls to create their own doll houses and families.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2023 at 2:54 PM
I'm only a few minutes in and am enjoying his take on it, but am peeved that he has left out so much of the history of the Sims, starting with Will Wright and his design decisions. Hoping that shows up later.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.