Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 7:50 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 3rd Mar 2014 at 1:30 PM.
Default Collect.
Your sims are dedicated to collecting everything there is to collect in the game as quickly as possible over the generations... and put it all on display. How you do this is up to you - how fast can you do it?

Start with two young adult or adult sims. These can be a brother/sister, couple, friends, whatever you want. You can choose the traits as you like. Move them into a lot of your choosing - I suggest a large one as you will need lots of space for everything, especially if you have expansions. You may move them into a larger lot later if you need to. Play on normal lifespans.

They can have children, get married, adopt pets, etc., as normal, but do not exceed the normal limit to the number of sims/pets on the lots. Kids can go to school, adults can get regular jobs if you choose. Dogs can be very helpful in collecting as you can send them to hunt!

You will need to obtain one of each of:
  • Gems - one of each, and one in every cut! Or if you are limited in space, you can just go for one of each in the nicest cut.
  • Beetles/Bugs/Butterflies
  • Fish, in perfect quality (if they die, you have to get another one!)
  • Plants, in perfect quality
  • Metals, fully smelted. When you sell extra metals, keep the most expensive ones so that you will end the challenge with the highest value.
  • Space rocks
  • Gnomes

If you have expansions, you can also include:
  • World Adventures: Relics, one of each
  • World Adventures: Nectars (amazing quality, highest value you can)
  • Ambitions: Ghosts
  • Ambitions: Sim-made sculptures
  • Ambitions: Inventions
  • Generations: Chemistry potions, one of each
  • Pets: Minor pets, one of each (on display, not in inventory - if they die, you must find a replacement).
  • Supernatural: Alchemy potions, one of each
  • Seasons: Greeting cards, collectible flowers
  • Island Paradise: Seashells

(The difficulty/time of obtaining all that extra stuff fairly well offsets the extra value they'll add to your collection, I think!)

Ambrosia/Life Fruit:

You MAY use ambrosia/life fruit to keep sims young so they can keep going longer without having to go another generation. HOWEVER, for each use of ambrosia, you must subtract 10,000 from your final score (that is, after the dividing for generations), and for each use of life fruit, 1,000.

Bonuses:

These are optional extras that can be a bit of a pain to obtain or otherwise complicate the other parts of collecting. Get these and you are a truly amazing collector! Each of the bonuses counts as 10,000 simoleons.
  • One of each of the different playable supernatural species. You just have to have one of these during the course of the challenge (i.e. if you have a fairy during generation 2, you can check that off your list).
  • One of each of the different sim-paintable paintings.
  • At least 5 sims which have reached the top of their career tracks.
  • At least 5 sims which have achieved their lifetime want.
  • At least 5 non-collecting skills maxed (i.e. sculpting or painting skill doesn't count, but guitar does).

Scoring:

Once you've gotten EVERYTHING (!) you need to total up the value of everything! Grab a calculator and start counting it all up! Your score is as follows:

Total collection value + any bonuses, divided by the number of generations it took for you to get there

Do -not- count any non-collection value - any furniture, value of the lot, or money in family inventory doesn't count! Only items that are on display count, too - if they're in personal/family inventory, they don't count! "Display" can of course be as simple as just sticking it on the floor somewhere, but surely you can do better than that.

Pics! Scores! Etc.!

If you do this challenge, I'd love to see pics of your collector families and their collections. Part of the challenge is how to display ALL THIS STUFF and to make it look nice, so if you come up with a particularly nice configuration, do share!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 3:01 PM
Omg... I can't wait to try this but it'll take me forever!