Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 5:20 PM
Default Need Help with Blue Snow Shader Fix – Still Having Issues
I'm currently re-building my downloads folder and have come to lighting my game.

I used to used the Cinema Secrets mod on my old installation, but it caused the roads not to match when it snowed.

For my new installation, I switched to Maxis Match because of this as previously I'd had no problems, but there are still ussies with it after I applied the blue snow shader fixes from this link: https://dreadpirate.tumblr.com/post...es-ive-included

Despite following the instructions, the snow still looks wrong. I don’t have any of the mods listed that might conflict (e.g., @criquette-was-here’s Shader Mods, Neighbourhood Lighting Remedy, Better Nightlife, etc.).

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

Removed any old conflicting mods.
Copied one file from each subfolder in the shader fix package to my Downloads folder.
Cleared the game cache.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions on how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 5:41 PM
Looks wrong how, compared to DP's pictures?

If you're already using the MM light mod, this one is included in it, so you shouldn't need to apply it again. It's entirely possible applying it again is what's causing the issues, since the fix is meant for those who don't have the MM mod. Could be some differences in the files.

Quote:
BLUE SNOW NO MORE: Shader Fixes
I’ve included these fixes that remove the blue snow at night along with my MM Lighting Mod for the longest time, but here it is repackaged for those who just want the shader fixes without having to download my entire lighting mod.

Assuming this is the one you're using, that is:
https://dreadpirate.tumblr.com/mmlightingmod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 12:26 PM Last edited by awesomekateface : 14th Jun 2024 at 12:44 PM.
Yes, this is the one I'm using but step four says "Get the snow fixes from this link and follow the instructions given on that post" so I'm confused.

The lighting on the lot and outside the lot are suppose to match, to look seamless, you can see the snow is very differently coloured.

I have attached old screenshot when it would look correct.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 12:44 PM
This is what it looks like with out the blue shader files.
Screenshots