Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:28 AM Last edited by sarahOt : 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: I don't know what i hit that posted it before i even had a subject line!!
Hopefully this is an OK place to post this - Sims 1 player whose MM disc was lost in move, help...?
Again, hopefully i am in the right place! I already like you all very much, I appreciate the "Please do not type in text-speak" (something like that that made this word-nerd's heart happy!)

I played Sims 1 for years after 2 came out, I have some neuro problems that keep me from some games. (I don't know why, I'm just used to my weird health stuff), so i had to give away Sims 2.

BUT I always loved the Sims, and with all the new skins & stuff to download on-line, it stayed fun. Although it is probably too late to long story short this, I have been so sad that I haven't been able to play for the last year and a half - my Makin' Magic disc was lost when I moved in June of 2012. This group is the closest i have come to finding anyone even talking about Sims 1!! So, yay at least for that part.

Is there any way to still play? The enormous amount of things "lost" in my move really sucked & continues to, things that were of barely any monetary value disappeared (who wants a girls' grandmother's bedside tables?)

If anyone can help, I will be so grateful. The only game disc i was left with are (get ready to dust off some memories) the original game, Livin' Large, House Party, and Unleashed. Not even Hot Date, so I guess no DownTown.

I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong place, someone asked a Sims 1 question and was directed here, so I followed!

Thanks you & I really do apologize if I posted in the wrong place.

SOT
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:35 AM
I think your only answer is to get another disc from EBay/Amazon or something like that. In theory, it should be quite cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=used

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 7:09 PM
Also, if you still have the other discs you can uninstall your existing setup and play an earlier version that you do have the disc for, until you find a MM disc you can afford.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 1:00 PM
Thank you both very much, I will look for a new -to- me copy of Makin' Magic. I went through another box and it looks like all i have that also has the case is the original game and House Party! I used to be so organized about these things. lesson learned, always move your own stuff!

Thanks again, i appreciate your time.

sarah
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 9:27 PM
In my opinion it is SO worth it to just buy a used copy of sims 1 "The Complete Collection" off of amazon, or wherever else they may sell this. You install 4 discs and get Everything and then some, including the new bodyshop/create a sim or whatever that is called that only comes with complete collection. I love that thing!! They're usually pretty inexpensive if you keep an eye out, anywhere from $15 to $40. I always try and see if they write something like "serial code included", or " booklets intact".

Edit: OP I have lost irreplaceable things in moves too, that stinks! My son actually has my "Makin' Magic" disc (yes I have base game and all EP's too!). We put it all on his laptop one day. He doesn't play it though. I have to bug him to give the disc back just so I can have it .
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 11:33 AM
Once you've got all your disks, make copies of them. You can use any number of programs to rip an ISO from the disks, which you can store on your hard drive or copy to a DVD-R(W). That way it won't matter if you lose a disk again in the future.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.