Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 5:37 PM
Default Recolors do not apply to other objects
Um, hello, it's me with problem again, haha..

Now I'm making a collection of recolors objects from obf in the colors of "kitchens and baths" + three colors from "ikea".

At first, the first (coffee table) object was fine, but after a few additional colors, the repaints were no longer perceived by the wide version, so .. i created a new object to recolor the wide table and moved them to the coffee 1x1 recolor file and made them use the same texture.
But this is not a way out, not to "repaint" user objects now, too, is it? for example, I have a 1x1 desk, but it also cannot take the texture..
Also, I have a sofa (1x2), which also at first gave its own texture options for (1x3), but now it also only repaints itself

I did this:
recolored, changed txtm, changed the name in mmat and id(family) as a name by the generator, and simply cloned the following colors, did the same, and then "fix itegrity"

For the second files, I deleted everything except one color, saved it as a separate file, and then everything is the same as before

In short, besides the fact that I don't choose the colors very well for the tree, there is also this more global problem :/ I really want to finish the "collection". I hope someone can help
Attached files:
File Type: zip  3ttu_recolors-mission-files.zip (937.7 KB, 9 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 10:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Jun 2023 at 12:32 PM.
Have you tried this method, from step 4-7?
https://keoni-chan.tumblr.com/post/...cc-a-mini-guide

When recoloring + merging recolors, you have to recolor them the regular way through Object Workshop (where you can change the texture and the TXMT parameters), and then merge them after. You're not supposed to change anything else in the MMATs than the Instance numbers.

(I tested out the method in Keoni's tutorial, and it worked fine for some items, but I did get an error for some other items, not entirely sure why - could just be a random bug. Also tried the "fix integrity" method on the same items and got the same error, so probably an issue with the items I tested).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 11:47 AM
When you recolor an object, just accept whatever string SimPE gives as it will be unique. Cloning recolors doesn't always work, so it is best just to restart the whole recolor process. Meaning once once select object workshop, you need to press Start Over. Then when you merge the recolors, change just the instances on the mmat's to be unique.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried this method, from step 4-7?
https://keoni-chan.tumblr.com/post/...cc-a-mini-guide

(I tested out the method in Keoni's tutorial, and it worked fine for some items, but I did get an error for some other items, not entirely sure why - could just be a random bug. Also tried the "fix integrity" method on the same items and got the same error, so probably an issue with the items I tested).

Not exactly, but I checked what this function did.. seems "fix integrity" to do the same (when I checked it - I also had some errors)

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
When recoloring + merging recolors, you have to recolor them the regular way through Object Workshop (where you can change the texture and the TXMT parameters), and then merge them after. You're not supposed to change anything else in the MMATs than the Instance numbers.

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
When you recolor an object, just accept whatever string SimPE gives as it will be unique. Cloning recolors doesn't always work, so it is best just to restart the whole recolor process. Meaning once once select object workshop, you need to press Start Over. Then when you merge the recolors, change just the instances on the mmat's to be unique.

Ah, it's so annoying.. I'll try
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 1:12 PM
If you're recoloring the same object several times in the Workshop, it's already loaded in, so you don't have to do "start over" every time. Just go back one step to where you can choose between "clone" and "recolor" (recolor should already be chosen), and continue from there. Keeps your workflow going.

You have to do "start over" if you want to recolor a different object.