Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 1:46 AM
Default Editing Makin Magic Residential Lots
Hey everybody!

So I'm building and re-designing both residential and commercial lots in my game. I have a test sim that I used to re-design all three residential lots in Magic Town. The thing is, I want them to be furnished as well. As far as I know, no one has ever figured out how to edit the MT residential lots like you can with regular residential lots. Am I safe in assuming that I would need to create 3 test sims to decorate all 3 MT lots, but off the sim on the lot, then delete the the tombstone/urn so that the furnished lot saves? How would that work to import a lot with a deleted tombstone/urn of a deceased sim? All the lots that I'm building or redesigning are in a neighborhood that I'm using as a template, then I will copy or import the finished lots into the neighborhood I plan on playing in full time.

Thanks!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 9:24 PM
Is it possible to export a lot with a family still living in it? I haven't done this in literal decades, so I can't remember... Maxis provided importable lots with families living in them, but of course the rules might work differently for them. Just did a quick search and I'm still not sure.

If you could do that you could export the inhabited lot and import it wherever it needs to go, then use the resident test sim to move in whatever family you please with SimLogical's move-plants and then move out the test sim, thus keeping the lot furnished and avoiding the need to deal with tombstones at all. (Well, unless you want one there for the atmosphere, I suppose!)

The plants are here, if this seems workable: https://simlogical.com/sl/downloadpages/visitor.htm
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EphemeralToast
Is it possible to export a lot with a family still living in it? I haven't done this in literal decades, so I can't remember... Maxis provided importable lots with families living in them, but of course the rules might work differently for them. Just did a quick search and I'm still not sure.

If you could do that you could export the inhabited lot and import it wherever it needs to go, then use the resident test sim to move in whatever family you please with SimLogical's move-plants and then move out the test sim, thus keeping the lot furnished and avoiding the need to deal with tombstones at all. (Well, unless you want one there for the atmosphere, I suppose!)

The plants are here, if this seems workable: https://simlogical.com/sl/downloadpages/visitor.htm

That does seem safer. I do recall that moving inhabited lots from neighborhood to neighborhood could be risky but the way and mod you mentioned seems better! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TSOgeology101
That does seem safer. I do recall that moving inhabited lots from neighborhood to neighborhood could be risky but the way and mod you mentioned seems better! Thank you so much!

In the Sims 2 it was one of those things that one must Never Do for fear of turning the neighborhood into a glitchy mess, but Sims 1 sims have no personal memories or family relationships, which I believe were the problem in TS2. I can't fully vouch for the safety of it, though, so do make a backup first!