Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 4:24 AM
Default Pepsi Machine Install
Hi!

I've been trying all night to install the Pepsi machine into my game. I have the complete collection installed. I followed both instructions from The Sims Depot and Sim Echoes, and though I get the message that it installed successfully, I just can't find it anywhere. Any way to manually install the item? I'm starting to think that's how I got it into my game the last time I had it installed.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 8:38 AM
Yep! Download and install 7-Zip: https://7-zip.org/

Then you can open and extract from any archive format.

Restart your computer.

Right click the installer for the mod, and choose "Show more options" (if on Windows 11) > 7-Zip > "Open archive". Now you see all the files that are inside the installer/archive.

Grab the files you need. In this case everything that's in the "PepsiMachine" folder. (The rest of the files you can ignore.)

Copy/move the "PepsiMachine" folder to your Downloads folder in your Sims installation.

Voila! Mod installed. No running of the installer needed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kenoi
Yep! Download and install 7-Zip: https://7-zip.org/

Then you can open and extract from any archive format.

Restart your computer.

Right click the installer for the mod, and choose "Show more options" (if on Windows 11) > 7-Zip > "Open archive". Now you see all the files that are inside the installer/archive.

Grab the files you need. In this case everything that's in the "PepsiMachine" folder. (The rest of the files you can ignore.)

Copy/move the "PepsiMachine" folder to your Downloads folder in your Sims installation.

Voila! Mod installed. No running of the installer needed.

After fiddling around with what you instructed, it now shows up and functions though my test Sim soiled himself after one Pepsi!🤣🤣 Thank you for your help!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 11:18 PM Last edited by kenoi : 30th Jun 2024 at 12:00 PM.
Yep, the Pepsi machine does that. 😂 That was its intended design: it doesn't really reduce thirst, it temporarily boosts energy and fun (with sugar), but it overloads the bladder. 🤭

If you really think about it, that's actually what a soft drink does! 🤣