Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 3:23 PM
University - custom dorm mates help?
I made custom households for a custom university world to move them into the dorm as non playable dorm mates with their own degrees like they would in a normal Uni world, and me, able to play with my own sim in the dorm without controlling the other sims, again, like you would normally, but i don't know how to make the household i made into dorm mate NPCs.

For further clarification, i want my sim to be able to travel to university, select the dorm with my custom dorm mates in there, and play as you would a normal university world.

And i can't just move the NPCs i made in. https://staging.streamable.com/7xd9vp

Thank you!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 9:16 PM Last edited by legacyoffailures : 11th Mar 2024 at 9:30 PM.
Dormitory lots are listed under community, not residential as far as I'm aware so you couldn't move in any Sims to them. Perhaps there's a mod out there that allows you to move Sims into community lots, but I had no idea.

Edit: The only thing I ever tried was that I had my sim visit Sims University and move them in to the empty dormitory, and added roommates with master controller. then I saved, quit, and copy Sims University nhd file to another save, and it worked. My own dorm was filled with Sims I intended to live (plus my own previous sim of course). Note I only tested it once, and not in longer gameplay.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Inventor
#3 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 1:35 AM
You can try this..

Nraas > MC > Click on the dorm > Click Add a sim (if your NPCs you made are in the homeworld they should show up in the list)
You can also add yourself this way.

Once everyone is in the dorm. You click on each one and use Master Controller again to make them un-selectable

It's kind of a workaround but it should work. I do this with bigger households when I don't want the responsibility of controlling everyone's fate.